Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2016, 08:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: 2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!

Looks like they pretty have nothing else to do that they are working on these small add-ons !
They need to get rid of people if there are too many I guess. No new models and keep changing and confusing people by these changes.
Old 9th March 2016, 09:12   #17
BHPian

I was returning back home to Thane from Pune via the Expressway around 2:30 AM today. I was sitting in the middle lane and in my rear view mirror I could see bright HID's catching up to me pretty fast. So as the cars approached near me, I could clearly see the DRL's on their headlights and thought they were Jetta's due to the headlight construction. To my surprise they were brand new Vento's two White and one Toffee Brown colour, all on red TC number plates running heavy camo covers on the rear end. This was right after the Talegaon Toll and all the cars had about 2/3 passengers in them doing 100/110 easily.
Woke up just now, thought I would check Team-BHP just to see if there is some news on another Vento facelift in the making, but instead stumbled upon this thread and hence posting this here. So maybe these headlights / facelift is going to be carried on to the Vento as well sometime in the future. Just a guess.
AnniHilat0R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 09:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
I was returning back home to Thane from Pune via the Expressway around 2:30 AM today. I was sitting in the middle lane and in my rear view mirror I could see bright HID's catching up to me pretty fast. So as the cars approached near me, I could clearly see the DRL's on their headlights and thought they were Jetta's due to the headlight construction. To my surprise they were brand new Vento's two White and one Toffee Brown colour, all on red TC number plates running heavy camo covers on the rear end. This was right after the Talegaon Toll and all the cars had about 2/3 passengers in them doing 100/110 easily.
Woke up just now, thought I would check Team-BHP just to see if there is some news on another Vento facelift in the making, but instead stumbled upon this thread and hence posting this here. So maybe these headlights / facelift is going to be carried on to the Vento as well sometime in the future. Just a guess.
Didnt VW already showcase Vento with DRL and LED headlamp at Auto Expo?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...v1aaa_2011.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2016 at 16:45. Reason: Typo
revved_up is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 09:25   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
To my surprise they were brand new Vento's two White and one Toffee Brown colour, all on red TC number plates running heavy camo covers on the rear end. This was right after the Talegaon Toll and all the cars had about 2/3 passengers in them doing 100/110 easily.
VW have already officially confirmed that the led headlamps are coming in the Vento.

Considering the cars had rear camouflage, any chance these were Ameo's and not Vento's? There was a rumor that even the Ameo will get these.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 09:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Didnt VW already showcase Ventor with DRL and LED headlamp at Auto Expo?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...v1aaa_2011.jpg
I wasn't aware of this official announcement. Thanks for posting it in.

@Rajeevraj They were Vento's.
Old 9th March 2016, 10:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiroth View Post

I for one am not bothered or feel shortchanged by the frequent facelifts.

I have no regrets since I was able to run the car for 7400km by the first week of Jan, so that I could do the first checkup before doing the GQ in the same car.
Besides, none of the above absolute essentials or the primary reason I was in the market for a car for. Taking any of them off (bar cruise control) leaves it essentially the same car from a driving perspective.
Hey sephiroth, I think we both are looking at the same coin but from the opposite ends !!

I never once mentioned that I regret purchasing the GT TDI (1.6). In fact, when I bought this car, I could only choose from either Red or Black, since White was out of stock. There were only 2 Reds and 3 Blacks left with dealers in Bangalore, yet I went ahead with this because of that brilliant engine it had.

Back then, the only USP GT's offered over a Highline Polo were 1.2 TSI and 1.6 TDI engines under the hood with very little visual differentiator. Would I have loved some extra differentiators, HELL YEAH.

Do I regret that I did not get any of these, NO SIR !!

Quote:

I'm no marketing expert but here is some food for thought:
Samsung and the various other android based device manufacturers keep coming with new "flagships" every other month, which most of the time may be a slightly larger screen or different processor, the performance of which may be hardly visible. Yet there is no dearth of consumers.
See this is my point buddy. Most of us would not have had any issues with VW had they really offered some better technology, per se TDI with DSG, or MT TSI or Bluemotion, etc.

These are just cosmetic changes/updates, which is doing nothing substantial than increasing the total cost of the product. Unlike Samsung, who offer better screens with higher resolution, smart edge displays, better processors, etc.

Would you feel cheated if Samsung offered fancy back covers, flip cases, etc for which was not available at the launch ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmapurikar View Post

So my point is, these features are good until you get the car in your parking lot. After that, these features are just good on a spec sheet. I am obviously speaking with personal experiences and someone might use all these features daily.

I for one love the driving more than the features.
To be honest dharmapurikar, IMO this is the major difference between the German engineering and Japanese/Korean.

I have had Hyundai and Maruti cars in the family which have offered many fancy features. But after having owned a VW myself, I have realised that though VW may appear to provide lesser of the fancy stuff, most of the ones available are actually usable on a daily basis.

Ofcourse, seems like VW have really been dragged into the market share fight now and have started going the fancy way.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 9th March 2016 at 10:40.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 10:56   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Back then, the only USP GT's offered over a Highline Polo were 1.2 TSI and 1.6 TDI engines under the hood with very little visual differentiator. Would I have loved some extra differentiation, HELL YEAH.
It's still almost the same isn't it except for the GT/TSI emblems. Yes I would also love to have some differentiation
GT145 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 10:57   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Meanwhile in Mumbai FrankMehta's GT is looking better than the upcoming facelift

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-12800136_10153323219247073_2938912285565010523_n.jpg
karan561 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 11:07   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I understand your sentiments completely. But here is a contrary thought.

It had cruise control but out of 34000 km I drove on it, I might have used it for may be 500 km.
Agree with you on most of the points. Even though, we may not be using all the features on a continuous basis, I found the cruise control a good feature which helps me during the 3-4 long drives that I do in an year.

It's a great relief during long drives on good roads. In my normal city driving, this feature is one among the show piece. I agree
Old 9th March 2016, 13:25   #25
BHPian

Quote:
These features are never a deal breaker. Unless you are getting an upgrade in engine, safety department, nothing is worth the wait.
Exactly my sentiments. Although my car is 3 iterations old, the new features on offer don't change its soul/character. I'd have been pissed if the engine were 3 iterations old in 6 months though

Quote:
I never once mentioned that I regret purchasing the GT TDI (1.6).
You have nothing to Regret. How I wish the 1.6 GT TDI were still available for purchase. Now that's one update VW should have NOT done. I'll have to make do with the 1.5 GT TDI.

Quote:
Most of us would not have had any issues with VW had they really offered some better technology, per se TDI with DSG, or MT TSI or Bluemotion, etc.

These are just cosmetic changes/updates, which is doing nothing substantial than increasing the total cost of the product. Unlike Samsung, who offer better screens with higher resolution, smart edge displays, better processors, etc.

Would you feel cheated if Samsung offered fancy back covers, flip cases, etc for which was not available at the launch ??
It appears you have taken my analogy not as I wanted it to be. I was just debating a mention that updates should happen only annually. I feel the technology offered in the Polo (the TSI/TDI engines, the DSG) are already like nothing else offered in the segment. But due to the lack of fringe features it comes of as a dated car relative to its competition. I'm all for updates to these every 2-3 months if that helps change this perception. Likewise with the windows ecosystem. The Lumia 930 has a camera that puts current flagships to shame. But lack of updates to the OS, cosmetic changes, minor updates to processor etc in has left no one wanting a phone 2 years old.
Would a Qualcomm 801 make a world of a difference over a 800? Not to the average user. But would the average user chose the 801 over the 800 even if the phone running 800 might be better? Quite possible. At the same time would a consumer missing out on the processor upgrade regret not waiting for it? No, he went with whatever was best at the time of purchase. Liken this to a vehicle with or without rain sensing wipers. Not something that will leave existing consumers feeling short changed.
sephiroth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 13:47   #26
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2016 at 16:47.
motorhead16 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th March 2016, 15:30   #27
BHPian

Just when I thought I will get the Polo I see this news. Iam not sure if they will get a new engine, but would love to have the Rear Cameras, DRLs, HID, Auto headlamps, and if possible better Audio system integrated with the rear cameras and front / rear parking systems.

Just checked with the dealers, and they too are referring to GTI testing!!
Old 10th March 2016, 08:20   #28
BHPian

I will be taking delivery of my Red GT TSI today, I would have loved the DRL, but I think the headlights can be swapped later as well.
Old 10th March 2016, 11:26   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!

VW is updating polo/vento regularly with minor facelifts and additional features. Good job!
I wish VW to provide a slightly stiffer suspension at rear. Also, gear shifts were slick in early days of polo/vento. I find the gearshifts bad in new polo/vento diesel. I confirmed this with test drive cars and also with couple of friends who own vento/polo. Any inputs?
Old 10th March 2016, 11:27   #30
BHPian

Re: 2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!

This is definitely making the decision of prospective customers difficult. I was going to book a GT TSI this month. After the latest update a couple of months ago, I was sure that there will not be any more updates in the near future but VW won't let us sleep peacefully. I already got a quote from Toyota U-trust for my 2011 Etios Liva and was thinking of using that amount to make the down payment and take rest as loan. After seeing this post, I have put the decision on hold. There are a lot of unanswered questions:

1. Is this update for the regular Polo or some new avatar or some special edition?
2. Will this be carried over to the GT twins?
3. How much time before these updates hit the market?
4. Apart from DRLs, are there going to be any other update also?
5. How much will this affect the cost?

I will visit the showroom this weekend to try get some answers but not sure if the sales people will have the answers or be willing to disclose the details since they would want to sell off the current inventory first. I will update here if I get any reliable information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks