Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 09:34   #1
BHPian

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!

Spotted in Mumbai. Features DRLs on headlamps and LED on taillights. Most probably engine and other features might remain same as Polo was recently updated.

Quote:
" Volkswagen is bringing another update for Polo. The Polo facelift was recently spotted in Mumbai and the changes are
new LED DRLs for headlamp and a new LED tail light. Apart from this the Polo remains to be same model which is currently in the market. Recently Volkswagen added touch screen infotainment system and cornering lamps for Polo and before that the company added cooled glove box, electric OVRMs and cruiser control in 2015.

So we are not expecting Volkswagen to add any new features in Polo. The engine line up will continue to be same 1.2 L petrol and 1.5 L diesel engine. Earlier there were some reports that Volkswagen will soon introduce an update for 1.5 L TDI engine with bigger turbo so the power and torque will go up. The transmission for these engines will remain same. We can expect Volkswagen to launch Polo facelift soon . "
Source : Motorbeam
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-img_20160308_092955.jpg  

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-img_20160308_092943.jpg  

Last edited by emperorofindia : 8th March 2016 at 09:40.
emperorofindia is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 10:15   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: 2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!

This is kind of becoming a joke with VW. Every 4-5 months there's a new Polo getting launched with 2-3 features added and some removed.

The Polo has been through 3 updates since the last 1 year!

For potential buyers it's confusing as they will feel they can wait a few more months and yet another update will be available and for existing owners it's a mockery.

While they may be able to sustain sales with frequent updates, it also has a negative impact on customer loyalty to the brand.
Vid6639 is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 10:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

This is kind of becoming a joke with VW. Every 4-5 months there's a new Polo getting launched with 2-3 features added and some removed.

The Polo has been through 3 updates since the last 1 year!

While they may be able to sustain sales with frequent updates, it also has a negative impact on customer loyalty to the brand.
+1 Billion Vid6639.

If VW are really considering this add on, then it almost looks like VW are trying hard to resurrect their 'Emission Scandal' image.

On the contrary, IMO they are losing that 'Customer Experience' to all the existing customers, who feel a bit let down by missing out on these add ons in a span of few days/months.

VW INDIA - Scrap such stupid updates/add-ons every quarter and offer them as accessories to the existing/old customers at A-BELIEVABLE price, not UN-BELIEVABLE ones.
This is almost like a new customer with the latest version of the VW car, may be an old news by the time he comes through for the first general checkup (7,500km/6months) !!

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2016 at 16:41. Reason: Typos
Vik0728 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 10:34   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I have moved away from the brand, while at one time considering the Vento, for this very reason of the face lift news in 2015 and now also in 2016.

Will get back to VW brand only in 2018 when I know will be the new generation of vehicles that are rumored to launch. Until then there is nothing really new from them to offer other than the LED lights or Front/Rear bumper redesign, etc. in the form of facelifts.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 10:49   #5
AYP
Senior - BHPian

VW has been pro-active in updating the cars in their lineup, especially the Polo and the Vento. However majority of these enhancements are reserved only for the top-end variant of their cars.
I really wish that they start providing a bit more features in the lower trims of their cars. For example, the Vento and the Polo still don't get steering mounted controls, rear parking sensors etc. which are available in the mid-variants of majority of their competitors.
Also a person spending 18-19 lakhs for the Jetta trendline can't enjoy the rear armrest nor can he play songs from his phone wirelessly. The comfortline too deserves the RCD510 if not the latest touchscreen IMO.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 11:19   #6
BHPian

I am not sure what the marketing team if at all VW has one, is up to. Wont such regular updates on Polo or Vento make people procrastinate their purchase thinking that may be another update is around the corner

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2016 at 16:42. Reason: Typo
Old 8th March 2016, 11:30   #7
BHPian

Volkswagen is becoming like Sony's Xperia Z series smartphone. They kept launching a new flagship phone every 6 months and eventually it failed.

Wrong marketing move Volkswagen. Updates should be an annual affair. Not only will you lose the loyalty of your customers but your to-be customers will think twice whether they should buy your product or wait for more longer for a new update. What a viscous cycle!
emperorofindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 11:49   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

The news of LED Headlamps coming in the Vento itself was surprising since LED headlamps are said to be expensive (Some one had said in the Vento thread that it would bump up the price by ~80K). In the Vento they can do that since there is a significant gap to the Jetta and other D Segmenters. Not sure how feasible it is to do it in the Polo. There was a report somewhere that the Ameo will also get this.

Or maybe they have slapped it on the Polo and simply doing some running around to generate some speculation and news.
Old 8th March 2016, 11:53   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

That's how this facelift is going to look;

2016 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted!-2015volkswagenpolofrontthreequartersview-1.jpg

Image Source

Last edited by karan561 : 8th March 2016 at 11:56.
karan561 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 20:32   #10
BHPian

This could be a limited edition 'Polo Allstar'

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/03/v...or-show-223058
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 21:17   #11

I am currently researching to buy my next car and decided to test drive VW Polo! Loaded my details in their portal and got a call back from customer service representative within a minute.

I was wowed by the quick reply and was informed that a person from showroom will contact me to schedule the test drive. This happened almost a month before but haven't got a call back yet .

It's not about having a better product in the kitty but also a good marketing and sales force to ensure a good customer experience which will result in good sales number. I think Maruti and Hyundai are good at it. Even though Polo is a gem of a vehicle the sales and after sales support is pathetic.

Instead of launching facelift (beautification) models (nothing notable though), VW must concentrate on expanding the reach and overall customer experience.
sakthishanmugam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 23:20   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
IMO they are loosing that 'Customer Experience' to all the existing customers, who feel a bit let down by missing out these add ons in a span of few days/months.
I for one am not bothered or feel shortchanged by the frequent facelifts.

I own a 6 month old pre-2015 facelift Polo GT TDI. Rumours of the facelift were out by the time I had performed a PDI of my July 2015 make car and I could have asked the dealership to hold on for the facelift. I still chose to stick to my booking since I was getting the older model for 35k lesser than what I would have ended up paying for the facelift, plus I got it three weeks earlier to the earliest possible delivery of the facelift.

Now my vehicle is 3 iterations old having missed out on:
- Cooled glove box
- Electronic folding ORVMs
- Turn indicators on ORVMs
- Cruise control
- Rain Sensing wipers
- Phone Book and SMS viewer
- Auto Dimming IRVM
- Touch screen infotainment system
- DRLs
- LED headlights

I have no regrets since I was able to run the car for 7400km by the first week of Jan, so that I could do the first checkup before doing the GQ in the same car.
Besides, none of the above absolute essentials or the primary reason I was in the market for a car for. Taking any of them off (bar cruise control) leaves it essentially the same car from a driving perspective.

Most who have gone for the Polo pre any of these facelifts would have primarily done so because of some sort of connect with the car in terms of driving experience, considering the Elite i20 is available in the same price bracket with all the bells and whistles. It's only good that the Polo is closing in on the competition in these areas as well.
Why VW cannot provide all these in a single update is anyone's guess. Might have to do with the fact that each iteration pushes up prices by 20-25k (I'm being conservative here). Might be hard to justify the extra 60k+ for a new version of the same car without any mechanicals changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_b View Post
Wont such regular updates on Polo or Vento would make people procrastinate their purchase thinking that may be another update is around the corner
There are a percentage of a society who will be in perennial wait for the new features. Only that by the time they start getting these features, they are already enticed by something newer. Technology is only going to get better. No point in holding back to woo this section of society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorofindia View Post
Updates should be an annual affair. Not only will you lose the loyalty of your customers but your to-be customers will think twice whether they should buy your product or wait for more longer for a new update
I'm no marketing expert but here is some food for thought:
Samsung and the various other android based device manufacturers keep coming with new "flagships" every other month, which most of the time may be a slightly larger screen or different processor, the performance of which may be hardly visible. Yet there is no dearth of consumers.
Windows phone on the other hand had close to 2 years between flagships. The new one may be as good as its counterparts, but in the 2 years in between, we only heard consumers complaining on how it was lacking w.r.t its competitors, leading to loss of a lot of prospective buyers. I am a windows phone enthusiast myself and can vouch for this.
sephiroth is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 07:43   #13
BHPian

My 3 month old Polo Tdi Highline is already 2 generations old!!. By this rate within 5 years my car will be obsolete in terms of tech. Keeping the updates aside I am very glad I went with the Polo in November 2015 as I got a discount of 60k and compared to other cars in the segment I feel that the Polo is in a different league and to me appears to be a complete package and the most polished vehicle, and to top it off that sweet 1.5 Tdi and that classic European stability completes the package and gives the feeling of driving a car from a segment or two above.
Thebat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 08:41   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiroth View Post
There are a percentage of a society who will be in perennial wait for the new features. Only that by the time they start getting these features, they are already enticed by something newer. Technology is only going to get better. No point in holding back to woo this section of society.

Well said. My brother is one of them. He loves cars, he reads and knows about them a lot. He is always waiting. Valid reasons but waiting.

I bought Jetta with two weeks worth of research and the car was in my parking. My brother was planning to buy a car for almost two years and last week got Vento TSI. These features are never a deal breaker. Unless you are getting an upgrade in engine, safety department, nothing is worth the wait.

Just 2 cents.
dharmapurikar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 08:45   #15

I understand your sentiments completely. But here is a contrary thought.

I bought Honda City in 2012 with fully loaded features and replaced OEM system with Caska.

Barring Bluetooth for calling and Reverse parking camera all the other features were almost unused.

It had cruise control but out of 34000 km I drove on it, I might have used it for may be 500 km.

So my point is, these features are good until you get the car in your parking lot. After that, these features are just good on a spec sheet. I am obviously speaking with personal experiences and someone might use all these features daily.

I for one love the driving more than the features.
dharmapurikar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks