Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2019, 21:09   #181
BHPian

re: National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
My D/L was renewed in July 2019 and valid till 2024 July. However Digilocker still shows the old one. Even after refreshing the page it still shows the old one.
What could be the problem and is there any way we can upload the renewed licence manually?
I am also facing the same issue.

Is this issue withe Kerala based licence only or is it countrywide?
Old 17th December 2019, 21:41   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
I am also facing the same issue.

Is this issue withe Kerala based licence only or is it countrywide?
Known issue. Logout and login again in the app. It will show zero documents first. Hit get issued documents and you should see the updated DL. It worked for me this way.
Old 17th December 2019, 22:50   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Known issue. Logout and login again in the app. It will show zero documents first. Hit get issued documents and you should see the updated DL. It worked for me this way.
I just tried that way, but still it shows the old licence.

Last edited by nairrk : 17th December 2019 at 23:09.
Old 18th December 2019, 14:18   #184
Senior - BHPian

Today, I tried again by re-installing the app (both Digilocker & mParivahan) but both are showing my old licence details.
Old 18th December 2019, 14:27   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Today, I tried again by re-installing the app (both Digilocker & mParivahan) but both are showing my old licence details.
Do you see a similar issue in the Web version of Digilocker? You can raise a complaint in the AppStore/PlayStore. Digilocker developers are active.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 14:29   #186
BHPian

My experience with DigiLocker is a bag of surprises. I did not bother installing / enrolling into DigiLocker reading through the threads in this forum. However, there was this renewed vigor in me today to have it installed and I could get all the complicated-to-link documents viz. my RC, DL added in one go to my shocker. What I thought would actually be easy to link (Car Insurance) could not be linked at all. Case in point is ICICI Lombard and I have no clue why it throws an error. While all the decade old documents got linked in one go, a policy that's generated annually has issues in having linked

Cheers,
Vijay
Old 18th December 2019, 14:40   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Do you see a similar issue in the Web version of Digilocker? You can raise a complaint in the AppStore/PlayStore. Digilocker developers are active.
No, I did not try the Web version - will check now.!
Old 18th December 2019, 18:04   #188
Senior - BHPian

I tried the web version of Digilocker but no luck. Same status with mParivahan also and eventually sent an email to mParivahan. Lets see if I get any response from them.
Old 18th December 2019, 21:10   #189
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
A few queries:

a) Is it possible to delete obsolete documents from one's DigiLocker account? I am unable to get rid of the RC of my car which I sold off last year.

b) Do insurance certificates uploaded to DigiLocker not get refreshed, at least if renewed with the same providers? If not, should I delete (goes back to point a above) and fetch again?

c) Can we upload PUC certificates to DigiLocker as well?
A. My Dad and I face the same issue as you. Unable to knock off the details of cars which have been onward sold. Also, unable to retrieve details of second hand cars which have been purchased and whose details are transferred into my name.
So while the Yeti still shows as mine. Neither the Gypsy nor the Cooper are reflecting in DigiLocker.
B. None of my Insurance papers are visible at all.
C. No idea about PUC.
D. Driving License Shows up.
E. Haven’t checked Aadhaar and PAN.
Old 11th January 2020, 10:52   #190
Senior - BHPian

I have started using Digilocker and uploaded my documents. However my car which is registered on my wife's name could also be downloaded.
How can the car registered with my wife's Aadhar number be downloaded on my Digilocker account ?
The only link that I can see is my mobile number on which the Digilocker is registered, as I had given my mobile number for RTO registration.
Can someone throw some light on this ?
Old 11th January 2020, 11:16   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
How can the car registered with my wife's Aadhar number be downloaded on my Digilocker account ?
Same with me. Our Ertiga is registered in my wife's name. I was able to fetch all the documents of Ertiga in my Digilocker. The strange part is, My wife is not able to fetch our MS Brezza's documents in her Digilcoker which is in my name.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 12:08   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Same with me. Our Ertiga is registered in my wife's name. I was able to fetch all the documents of Ertiga in my Digilocker. The strange part is, My wife is not able to fetch our MS Brezza's documents in her Digilcoker which is in my name.

Thanks for sharing.

In my case the only link was my mobile number. Did you find out what's common in your case ?

In case of the your wife's Brezza, I think you may have not submitted your Aadhar card to the showroom for registration. Normally two documents are required eg.Aadhar and Electricity bill. So your RTO may have used some other document instead of Aadhar for registration.

How I came to know about the mobile number? After I took my car for online PUC, I checked all my car details on the PUC guys computer and I noted that the mobile number for incorrect. So I immediately got it changed manually. So as per my guesswork this is the only link with my car registered on my wife's name.
Old 3rd February 2020, 08:15   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
A. My Dad and I face the same issue as you. Unable to knock off the details of cars which have been onward sold. Also, unable to retrieve details of second hand cars which have been purchased and whose details are transferred into my name.
So while the Yeti still shows as mine. Neither the Gypsy nor the Cooper are reflecting in DigiLocker.
B. None of my Insurance papers are visible at all.
C. No idea about PUC.
D. Driving License Shows up.
E. Haven’t checked Aadhaar and PAN.

As per today's The Hindu news report, all the data from Kerala RTO has been updated with the new "DigiLocker". I have confirmed that. Till couple of months back, the "Pre-Owned" car did not show up in DigiLocker App, but when I tried today morning I could get the details.

Ref:
Owners can now look forward to hassle-free services

Owners of all class of motor vehicles can look forward to hassle-free service with the Motor Vehicles Department completing porting of 1.38 crore vehicles from server-based Smart Move to Vahan for vehicle registration on Thursday.
Old 3rd February 2020, 10:23   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm loving the slow but steady usage of this app - I have now used my digital IDs/Aadhaar copy on the DigiLocker app as the ID verification for multiple flights across different airports and it works like a breeze!

Looking forward to the experience where a policeman at a road checkpoint is accepting the DigiLocker version of my digital DL & RC. Has anyone experienced this yet? Also has anyone experienced rental agencies accepting the DigiLocker version for their DLs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Same with me. Our Ertiga is registered in my wife's name. I was able to fetch all the documents of Ertiga in my Digilocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Ditto with me - my bike is registered with my brother's Aadhaar and my mobile number; and I'm able to download the RC copy. I see two possibilities

1. Mobile number based linkage as guessed by you guys. Seems incorrect as the search filter clearly states our Aadhaar ID as one of the criteria

2. Possibly the DL search in Parivahan website/API doesn't require the Aadhaar number as a search criteria and only looks for the 'registration number' and 'chassis number' in its database. I strongly feel this is the current situation.

If you guys have a vehicle registration number + chassis number of some other vehicle (without your details tagged), try searching for it. That would be a good test to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
A. My Dad and I face the same issue as you. Unable to knock off the details of cars which have been onward sold.
I still see my sold car RC in my issued documents list with my details retained. However when I do a refresh on that document, it shows the updated (2nd owner) RC copy. But doesn't store it, so the original RC is still retained in my DigiLocker app. No option to delete the record.
Old 5th February 2020, 11:26   #195
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chai, Coffee & Chat

Hi guys a quick query.

I have a license booklet which was issued in 2000's. I have not yet made it to a card. I am waiting for the expiry to change over to Card.

How difficult is it to get a DL extract for a license booklet? mparivahan does not recognize the license number given!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks