Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2016, 12:40   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs

Honda Cars India has launched the updated, facelifted version of the Brio hatchback at a starting price of Rs. 4.69 lacs, ex-showroom Delhi.

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-hondabriofaceliftindialaunch1140x1015.jpg
(Source)

In terms of styling, the all-new 2016 Brio follows the design philosophy first seen on the 2016 Amaze refresh (it's sedan sibling).

Changes to the 2016 Brio include:

- High-Gloss Black and Chrome finish Sporty Front Grille
- Stylish Front Bumper
- new and elegant Tail Lamp
- all new Tailgate Spoiler with integrated LED High mounted Stop-Lamp
- all new Premium Instrument Panel with Carbon Finish & Silver Accents
- newly designed Triple Analog Sporty Meter with White Illumination
- Advanced 2 DIN Integrated Audio (USB and Aux-in) with Blue tooth Connectivity and Hands Free Telephony function
- Digital AC controls with Max Cool Function
- new Sporty Black Interiors (for the top variant)
- Dual SRS airbags
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Seat Belt Pre-tensioners with load limiters
- Impact mitigating headrests
- Pedestrian Injury Mitigation Technology
- available in 5 colours – Taffeta White, Alabaster Sliver, Urban Titanium, Rally Red and White Orchid Pearl.

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-red.png

Engine and transmission options continue to remain the same, with a 4-cylinder 1.2-litre i-VTEC engine doing duty under the hood that delivers a maximum output of 88 PS @ 6000 rpm and a maximum torque of 109 Nm@ 4500 rpm, paired to a five-speed MT and a five-speed torque converter AT, producing FE figures of 18.5 km/ l and 16.5 km/l, respectively.

The 2016 Brio will come with a standard warranty package of 2 years/40,000 kms.

The variant-wise pricing of the 2016 Brio is as follows:

E MT - INR 469,000

S MT - INR 520,000

VX MT - INR 595,000

VX AT - INR 681,600

Official 2016 Honda Brio website

Official Press Release

Official 2016 Honda Brio Brochure Download Link

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th October 2016 at 13:09. Reason: added details.
RavenAvi is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 12:58   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs

I love the new interior shown below, it looks really great, and a major improvement over the earlier and somewhat weird (to my eyes) interiors. The black and silver accents, and angular AC vents look smart and modern.

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-night.jpg

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-grid1_pop.jpg
Black interiors on the top variant (VX MT and VX AT)

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-grid6_pop.jpg
Beige on the lower 2 variants (E and S) - is this a sign of changing times where beige is now being relegated to the lower-end?

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-grid5_pop.jpg
Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-grid11_pop.jpg
HVAC controls and cubbyholes

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-e1.jpg
Gear lever for the 5-speed torque converter (TC) gearbox

Last edited by arunphilip : 4th October 2016 at 13:11. Reason: Adding images
arunphilip is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 13:06   #3
Team-BHP Support

wow! Rs. 5 Lac hatchback has Rs. 15 Lac BR-V interiors!

Like the non-chrome grill and all-black interiors. Height adjustable headrests for the backseat should have been included though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

The AT - is it a TC or a CVT? EDIT: RavenAvi's latest update answered it, its a 5-speed torque converter, not the CVT.
Yeah. Going by 1-2-3 marking on the gearbox, it does look like a torque convertor. Honda CVTs usually have L-S-D markings.
SmartCat is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 13:15   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Specifications:

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-untitled.jpg

Variant-wise features:
(Click to *OPEN* in a separate window)

Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-untitled2.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 13:57   #5
BHPian

Does anyone have the pricing for the pre-facelift Brio? It would be interesting to see if they cut the pricing given the lukewarm response to the Brio so far.

I'm just wondering if this will help in getting a better price on a nice pre-owned AT
aptiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 14:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptiwa View Post
Does anyone have the pricing for the pre-facelift Brio? It would be interesting to see if they cut the pricing given the lukewarm response to the Brio so far
Here it is

Although the pricelist is of Bangalore, the prices in Delhi were approximately 10k cheaper. Had checked the price before but forgot to take a screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda launches the 2016 Brio Facelift at Rs 4.69 lakhs-img_20161004_140902.jpg  

CarguyNish is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 14:14   #7
BHPian

You could say I'm happy and disappointed at the same time. At one point it's fantastic to see the vx trim being loaded perfectly for buyers but on the other hand, no airbags or abs + ebd below vx again? Why?

How hard is it to implement at least 2 airbags in the entry level model? If I'm not wrong they're the same Takata unit and going by the price difference in Maruti cars it wouldn't be much at all. If not that why not at least make it an option with optional variants on all variants so people who want it can pay the extra 15-20k for it.

After this news I was very eagerly awaiting the launch to see if they were going to make it standard across all variants. Quite the turnoff considering at couple grand more or less in the case of swift than s, you can get the baleno, Ameo, swift etc that have airbags + abs. Then there's so many premium / practical offerings that come with safety features and still undercut brio vx. I don't see why they're putting themselves in this position honestly.

Great car mechanically and the cabin looks great as well from the pictures. Just not the perfect package I was hoping it would be.
Swarit19 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 14:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

About time!
I am slightly disappointed about not getting the more fuel efficient CVT, but I am not complaining.
Ex-showroom Pune of the pre-facelift VX-AT was 6.89L , which looks to be in the region of the current ex-Delhi price.
sajo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 14:37   #9
BHPian

The main problem that has plagued Brio since launch is the glass boot hatch. Most of the people are not comfortable with design as well as the fact that you can see almost entire boot luggage with the door closed.

I know at least two people who liked Brio but did not go ahead with purchase for the same reason. Not sure if it has been addressed to any extent or not in the latest variant.
gupta_chd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 14:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

This refresh looks good though not much has changed in reality. I would have preferred the much wanted rear windshield wiper to be included as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

- new and elegant Tail Lamp
I am not able to see any noticeable difference between the new tail lamp and the old one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunphilip
Beige on the lower 2 variants (E and S) - is this a sign of changing times where beige is now being relegated to the lower-end?
+1. You just took the words out of my mouth. On a different note, it is much better to see black/dark grey interiors. I am never a fan of beige interiors.
rr_zen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 14:44   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
The main problem that has plagued Brio since launch is the glass boot hatch. Most of the people are not comfortable with design as well as the fact that you can see almost entire boot luggage with the door closed.
You cannot see anything inside the "boot", as there is a lid covering it.

IMHO, the only USP of the car is its quirky looks (thanks to the glass hatch).
ashwin489 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 14:57   #12
BHPian

The biggest improvement is of course the new dashboard/instrument panel but thats about it. The bulbous front bumper makes it look like a face with braces on. The older one was much better and frankly no one had ever complained about that. Somewhere down the years Honda stopped making elegant classy designs and instead switched over to gaudy overdone plasticky/chrome add-ons.

I would have liked them to rectify a few glaring omissions to make the car more user friendly - lighted power window and steering switches, auto-up window for driver, car auto lock with speed, overall better insulation (wheel well claddings etc), power window delay function, boot lamp, dead pedal etc.

Honda has again given a pass to mundane safety features and restricted it to only the top end trim which is a shame and not expected from Honda. Anyway this isn't gonna set sales chart on fire given that people reject Brio mainly for its small boot and full glass hatch.

Last edited by GTO : 4th October 2016 at 17:24. Reason: Typo
heavenlybull is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 15:35   #13
BHPian

The Brio is a cute looking hatchback, I don't know why did Honda go this way and changed the front giving it an aggressive appeal. I feel overall the design has actually become a little weird. It's nice and compact from the back retaining the cute image with the round tail lamps while gets aggressive and sporty upfront. Moreover, instead of black I would have liked the Chrome more.

The best part about the Brio facelift, gone are the days of boring, featureless dull looking cabin! Wished Honda had done it way earlier, the Amaze and BR-V like styling is looking fabulous on the car and now I don't have any complaints with the car.

If one needs a budget AT hatchback, nothing beats the Brio now. It's well equipped, looks decent, finally gets the feel good factor thanks to the new cabin and the 1.2L i-vtec producing 90 HP is an icing on the cake. The car will look extremely nice in the white shades though wish Honda offered the black shade in the car.
Old 4th October 2016, 15:44   #14
BHPian

For 15k more on ex-showroom price, Baleno Delta with CVT gearbox is available with almost all features present in the VX AT and much more . So if someone is willing to wait, then Brio is not a great option. In the other case, there is always the Grand i10 Asta (O)
dheepak10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 15:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

Have they done anything to enhance the ride quality or is it just cosmetic updates?

Like dheepak10 says, the Baleno seems a better bet as it is a more spacious car and I think the ride quality is better as well. Not to mention the F.E.
SchumiFan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks