Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2017, 15:21   #31
BHPian

Re: February 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
4. Wonder who is lapping up the 6,000 odd Maruti Eecos. Not many are visible on the roads.
Rural markets. I live in the outskirts of Hyderabad and my area is pretty much rural. I see five or six Eecos daily on my way to work.
Enobarbus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 15:24   #32
BHPian

Ford Aspire and good build? It got only 3 stars in the NCAP rating and its body structure was found unstable. See thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...gets-zero.html

Ciaz build is same in India and abroad with the recent re-inforcements and got 4 stars with stable body in NCAP.

Ford Aspire is definitely well priced but not sure if it is of good build quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Thanks for Feb numbers. Ignis off to a flyer. Maruti knows how to rock the market.

Once in a fancy restaurant, a few cars got together for dinner.
Each of them started bragging about themselves.

Ciaz- Seems I am the only hard worker here. I do most things right. I have the looks, the features, the price and a powerful surname. Hard work does have its benefits.

Someone is heard sobbing, they all turn and see the Aspire
Aspire- I do not know what wrong me and my Sibling, Figo have done. We have good built, long list of features and priced well. Yet, no one seems to love us or take us home.

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th March 2017 at 10:37. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 16:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

It just amazes me to see a 35 lac + Fortuner and 20 lac + Innova doing consistent 2K and 6K numbers. Such is the power of T brand in India and also why would they want to worry about the volumes game when these 2 models itself will give them revenue equivalent of multiple hatchbacks and sedans.

Good to see the XUV is able to retain 2K+ number with strong competition from Innova and now Hexa. They were more in 3K range before these 2 came in. Mahindra definitely needs to up the game again to increase volumes.
supertinu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 16:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post

Have the deliveries started yet? The numbers should reflect once this starts. I am sure the dealer dispatches for test drive vehicles for this itself will outnumber customer deliveries for some cars.
I have seen a couple of them on road just yesterday. So yes the deliveries surely have started.
Old 7th March 2017, 17:01   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Didn't they manufacture just 99 cars in the first batch, with each car being numbered in its order of manufacture? I believe all 99 of them were sold almost instantaneously. I did see one in Chennai with a 9x number (don't remember the exact number though).
Many of them are still unsold one can still choose their preferred no from the vw website etc and last I checked close to 15 days back at least half of them were still available. I also got a call yesterday asking if we'd be interested in buying a GTI so they most certainly haven't managed to sell all 99 and I reckon their no where close either
Ferrariwell is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 17:14   #36
BHPian

We cannot be considered an evolved market till we have cars like the Omni in the top 10. It is an extremely dangerous vehicle with no protection for the passengers, body roll, skinny tyres. Basically you name the problem and the car has got it, wonder why it sells in such large numbers.
sahibrain is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 19:46   #37
BHPian

Tata – 3 of the top 10 MoM losers is from the Tata stable. That includes the ‘turning point’ car for Tata – the Bolt. And also includes Hexa, the brand new flagship! Just in the second month of launch. Poor pricing, inconsistent dealership experience, initial product quality issues from a flagship product – I will write this product off!

Honda – Another dud in the market. There must be bunch of confused Japanese trying to control the Indian employees about what is the Japanese way of doing business. End result, a big incoherent strategy of products and pricing. With Mobilio almost off the market, I expect a massive price cut on BRV to be taking Mobilio’s place. Don’t forget, Honda has done this in past – Civic Hybrid anybody? 50% price cut!

Hyundai – Creta does 9K. I just cannot comprehend this. Is it because people were waiting for Hexa pricing and postponing their purchase decision? Now they jumped into Creta?

Mahindra – XUV500, a 5 year product with niggles beats a two month old flagship from Tata. Respect!

Maruti – Only S-Cross must be confusing the folks at Maruti. Excellent product, what’s missing? Butch looks?

Renault – Kwid is the star. Soon, the Kaptur could add to its charm.

Toyota – Apart from Innova and Fortuner, get something else and prove you are not a one segment wonder.

Ford – Endeavour is a much better product than Fortuner. Better priced too (even with the sea-saw movement). But does only 20% of its rival Fortuner? I blame Ford’s lack of brand pull and peace of mind ownership.
OrangeCar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 20:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post
Tata – 3 of the top 10 MoM losers is from the Tata stable. That includes the ‘turning point’ car for Tata – the Bolt. And also includes Hexa, the brand new flagship! Just in the second month of launch. Poor pricing, inconsistent dealership experience, initial product quality issues from a flagship product – I will write this product off!

Hold On for a moment there!
Lets atleast wait and watch for 5-6 months, before we jump the gun and brand the Hexa as a failure.

Initial product quality issues are nothing new. Even the great Toyota & Honda have faced this with the Innova crysta & city.

Secondly, there are many who do not agree that it is poorly priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
]

Ciaz build is same in India and abroad with the recent re-inforcements and got 4 stars with stable body in NCAP.
Are you sure of this fact? I would be very happy if there is some proper evidence to prove that the cars are the same.

Last edited by abhishek46 : 7th March 2017 at 20:42. Reason: added comment
abhishek46 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 20:36   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Tata – 3 of the top 10 MoM losers is from the Tata stable. ... And also includes Hexa, the brand new flagship! Just in the second month of launch. Poor pricing, inconsistent dealership experience, initial product quality issues from a flagship product – I will write this product off!
Your inferences could be wrong. Don't forget that these numbers are "dealer dispatches", not "end-customer sales". And the discrepancy between these two quantities is especially drastic upon a new launch (where pretty much all the numbers are dealer dispatches, and maybe some reduced roll-offs due to fine-tunes to the production line).

One would need to wait for 4-5 months I feel to infer reliably about the short-term market acceptance.

Last edited by vharihar : 7th March 2017 at 20:39.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 20:43   #40
BHPian

Cruze Only consistent performer according to me in the GM stable. Still clocking decent nos.
S-Cross Consistently holds its turf with just manual diesel offering.
Terrano Seems like they will be coming up(badly needs one) with the refresh this month, could be the reason for low factory dispatches.
Hexa Settling the euphoria, too early to comment but 1000 units are still decent for the vehicle of this category with TATA badge.
Fluence Was discontinued, then what about these factory dispatches
Innova/Fortuner leaves me flabbergasted. The less said the better, these twins are hard to stop no matter how atrociously you price them.
Ameo Does the trick for Volkswagen,though deserves much better nos for a vehicle with many segment firsts and sweet price point.

Last edited by GTO : 8th March 2017 at 11:04. Reason: Please do NOT use short-forms (i.e. acc). Full & proper English please
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 22:04   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Toyota – Apart from Innova and Fortuner, get something else and prove you are not a one segment wonder.
+1 to that. Surely, Toyota deserves better market share in India. I wonder what is holding back Toyota to bring in some of its cars/SUV/MPV like Yaris, Avanza, Rush, Calya and Vios to India. The more they delay, the more difficult it would be. Even if a particular vehicle does not qualify for Excise benefit due to its dimensions/Engine capacity, they can always add the mild hybrid thing and become eligible for Excise benefit. Relying on one or two vehicles might become disastrous to the company.
DImPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 03:58   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
+1 to that. Surely, Toyota deserves better market share in India. I wonder what is holding back Toyota to bring in some of its cars/SUV/MPV like Yaris, Avanza, Rush, Calya and Vios to India.
Er...their cash registers are ringing quite loudly with what they already have. I am sure they are constantly doing a cost benefit analysis and thinking if they really need to bring in any more at this point? What they have is mind-boggling. What they don't need to do is confuse their customers. Bringing in another sedan, hatch etc.. will just confuse people and if the "quality" badge gets eroded, they could potentially fall. Not to mention all that additional effort they need to put to get other products moving. Right now, their portfolio is quite linear. I am sure they'll keep it that way.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 11:10   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Once in a fancy restaurant, a few cars got together for dinner. Each of them started bragging about themselves.
Crazy post! Going to the homepage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Such is the power of T brand in India
The 'Toyota' brand couldn't help the Liva & Etios. Shows that Toyota can't get away with selling just anything.

I would say that it's equally the 'Innova' and 'Fortuner' nameplates that have become powerful brands themselves. Toyota body-on-frame diesels have an outstanding reputation worldwide. They are also in segments where the competition isn't as fierce as in the sub-10 lakh space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibrain View Post
We cannot be considered an evolved market till we have cars like the Omni in the top 10.
It offers the maximum real estate per rupee for commercial usage. Most Omnis are sold to business users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Bringing in another sedan, hatch etc.. will just confuse people and if the "quality" badge gets eroded, they could potentially fall.
Perhaps, Toyota should bring in a 'quality' hatchback then. Others have done it - it's not rocket science.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 11:38   #44
BHPian

was just wondering - Maruti has sold 0.126 million cars in a month - Lets assume a very very conservative Rs 50000 net Profit per car on an average. Thats a staggering 6300 million Rs OR 95 million USD per month of pure CASH.
newtonMeter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 11:43   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Lets assume a very very conservative Rs 50000 net Profit per car on an average.
Maruti's net profit has usually been between Rs. 22,000 - 25,000 per car. The last quarter, it was Rs. 27,000. We'll be seeing it climb slowly & steadily due to:

1. Increased platform sharing.

2. More expensive models (e.g. Ciaz).

3. Ever increasing sales & the resultant cost efficiencies.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks