Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2017, 19:12   #286
BHPian

Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Help needed
Booked dzire zxi and planning to swap for better tyres.
Please suggest the right upsize
Old 8th June 2017, 22:54   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

The compact sedan reviews being revisited - Dzire is still the winner!

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 23:54   #288
BHPian

I also went through the review. The review highlights certain points for each car:

Tigor
+ Styling
+ Effortless to drive in city.
+ Price
- Engine is inadequate for this segment.
- Feels like an entry level car
- Rear seat comfort
- Poor highway performance

Summary: A very stylish, well priced city car, let down by it's engine.

Xcent
+ Refinement of the new 1.2l diesel engine
+ Fit and finish
+ Facelift has enhanced the appeal of the car.
- Tyre and wind noise at highway speeds.
- Engine though improved still lack behind 1.3 MJD
- Safety features are not standard.

Summary: A very practical car with good balance between price, utility and packaging. Safety features being non-standard and styling let it down.

Dzire
+ Styling
+ Packaging
+ Refinement
+ Fuel Efficiency
+ Standard Safety features.
- Bridgestone Ecopia tires. Long Braking distance
- Same engines
- Top end and AMT variants are pricey

Summary: A nicely styled car with standard safety features, which takes the game away from others in every aspect. Though top variants being pricey, there is a variant available at each price point and offers good value for money. It is the compact car to buy in 2017.

P.S. Overdrive tested the diesel top end variants of each car.
PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 00:12   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I have a few questions on the New Dzire;

1. Has anyone driven the Petrol AGS variant? How is the shift quality? Is it seamless in traffic? I have heard that the shift quality is seamless at highway speeds and the AGS is quiet responsive to throttle inputs.

2. How is the NVH performance with the DDIS engine? Is the familiar clatter still present?

3. Some online reviews point towards wind noise at speeds of around 100 KMPH. Can this be suppressed by increasing the volume of the infotainment system?

4. What about the ride and handling? Is it good?
I test drove the petrol AGS 2 weeks back. The gearshift is not as seamless as a CVT or AT, but its definitely not jerky. As a driver you can feel the gears changing, but as a passenger you can't even notice it. Infact the manual mode of the AMT is so smooth and effortless with it's short and slick shifts, I would probably use that more than the auto mode.

Drove it around in the city, so can't say about the wind noise. But the NVH levels are really well contained. The cabin is pretty silent. From my short test drive the ride and handling felt effortless and a pleasant to drive in city conditions. The suspension setup was really impressive.

The only thing that I wasn't impressed with the AC, which is pretty noisy when the fan is blowing at full speed or when the car is really hot. But again that was compared to the my S-Cross which has a super silent AC. Overall the new Dzire is a good package for city driving and possibly highways too (preferably with manual mode).
Djay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 11:17   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Tigor
- Engine is inadequate for this segment.
- Feels like an entry level car
Its an unfair comparison! The Dzire ZDi must be compared with the Zest XT Diesel, not the Tigor XZ. If you do that Zest gets a 90 bhp version of the national engine compared to DZire's 74.

Tigor is definitely a segment down in terms of engine, and it is priced a good 2 lakhs below on par with Swift and i10.
narayans80 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 13:38   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Its an unfair comparison! The Dzire ZDi must be compared with the Zest XT Diesel, not the Tigor XZ. If you do that Zest gets a 90 bhp version of the national engine compared to DZire's 74.

Tigor is definitely a segment down in terms of engine, and it is priced a good 2 lakhs below on par with Swift and i10.
You are correct, however even as a standalone product the three pot mill is the weak point of this car. The additional weight of the car further accentuates the problem. Potential buyers are attracted by the fabulous styling and then put off by the engines. The buyer today wants well rounded package, irrespective of the segment. Tata should have plonked the 1.3 MJD in Tigor.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 14:22   #292
BHPian

Quote:

You are right, I don't know why people are comparing a car which is segment lower. People who cannot stretch those extra lakh or two will opt for the Tigor.

Also, most of the test drives are conducted with-in city limits, many buyers wont feel the lack of power till they get an open stretch. Power is adequate to drive sedately, yes their is a bit of power missing, but you are also saving a lot of money for what you are getting.

I cannot see a car within that price range which gives you:
1) Big Boot
2) Projector Headlights
3) Amazing Sound System
4) Good Looks and a decent interior

Many people complaining about Tata not plonking Fiat's 1.3 Multijet, but think from Tata's prospective. It would have lowered the profit margins, increased weight and made more engineering changes to the car, as for the current diesel Tigor, Tata had to change the way front suspension handled and Tires too.
Old 9th June 2017, 15:35   #293
BHPian

Re: Dzire vs Baleno

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Seeing this doubt (Baleno vs Dzire) with many people both in my friend circle and here, thought it might be worth making a comprehensive post about it.
Thanks for the detailed comparison, would be very helpful for prospective buyers. Just a couple of things, I don't think any variant of the Dzire has a front arm rest. Dzire Z vs Baleno Zeta, the Baleno has front arm rest, auto head lamps and auto dimming IRVM which the Dzire does not have. More importantly, the Baleno has bigger tyres compared to every variant of the Dzire - Sigma and Delta have 15 inches, Zeta and Alpha have 16 inches. Dzire has 14 inches in the L and V variants and 15 inches in the Z/Z+ variants.
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 01:30   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Potential buyers are attracted by the fabulous styling and then put off by the engines. The buyer today wants well rounded package, irrespective of the segment. Tata should have plonked the 1.3 MJD in Tigor.
I see the following reasons:

1. Tata (and to an extent Maruti Suzuki) have been slowly but surely steering away from Fiat diesel engines. Zest-Bolt twin might be the last new launches of Tata to see the National engine. The Tiago-Tigor were plonked with 1.05 and the Nexon is being tested with a 1.5 L flavour of homegrown Tata engine. Maybe the Zest might get the Nexon engine on a lower tune.

This will save on the royalty Tata has to pay Fiat, and consequently gives them the freedom to price it more aggressively against competitors.

2. Tiago's lopsided response towards petrol doesn't inspire confidence on introducing the compact sedan twin with a higher displacement diesel does it? Infact the cost might be pushed further due to the reason specified above.
Old 10th June 2017, 04:12   #295
BHPian

Quote:
I see the following reasons:

1. Tata (and to an extent Maruti Suzuki) have been slowly but surely steering away from Fiat diesel engines. This will save on the royalty Tata has to pay Fiat, and consequently gives them the freedom to price it more aggressively against competitors.
Maruti tasted success with diesel engines with 1.3 MJD. All their diesel cars are powered by Fiat MJD. They tuned the MJD better than the creator FIAT. They are sometime away with their own Diesel engine. Till that time Maruti is happy paying the royalty to Fiat. And once Maruti comes up with it's own diesel engine, Fiat will have to leave India.

Quote:
2. Tiago's lopsided response towards petrol doesn't inspire confidence on introducing the compact sedan twin with a higher displacement diesel does it? Infact the cost might be pushed further due to the reason specified above.
Tata always has goofed up on one important aspect and that is pulse of customers. Tiago clicked for them because it was priced well and had a quality of one segment higher.
The expectation of customer from a sedan is different than of a hatch. Tata could have worked on the engines and increased the power output, like Hyundai did with it's 3 pot diesel mill. Even with higher cost of MJD, people would have lapped up the car with that fabulous styling. In the Tigor thread many bhpians are not happy with it's price.

And it is not first for Tata to make mistakes.
Hexa - Barebones XE and XM variants.
Bolt - Wrong Pricing
Storme - No features

There will be people who will buy Tigor, however Tata has missed on a lot of customers who will be put off due to 3 cylinder engines.
PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 13:06   #296
BHPian

More than the tuning of the 1.3 Multijet, Maruti cars that were powered by the 1.3 Multijet are lighter than other cars. The Swift is significantly lighter than the Punto for example. That is the reason for the better performance as the same multijet might not be as powerful in a heavier car.

Maruti is making a 1.5 L Diesel engine in-house. The 1.6 Multijet that powers the S-cross is likely to be discontinued

Quote:
Maruti tasted success with diesel engines with 1.3 MJD. All their diesel cars are powered by Fiat MJD. They tuned the MJD better than the creator FIAT. They are sometime away with their own Diesel engine.

Last edited by bhpfaninblr : 10th June 2017 at 13:08.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 18:15   #297
BHPian

Test Drove the Dzire both Diesel Top end Manual and Petrol Top End AGS.

Gear shifts on the Manual are smooth while you do notice a bit of jitter when the gear change happens.This is my first time driving the AGS, might be i need to learn the way its to be driven .

Visited 3 dealers,Varun motors, Sales Exec is not even interested in giving details or a brochure, they know people are already in queue to get this car.

Experience with the other dealer was good enough. might well go with RKS motors and book a VDI AGS. Will finalize in sometime.
Old 11th June 2017, 18:01   #298
BHPian

Thinking of booking the VXI AMT (petrol) for mainly city usage. It does not come with a reverse camera. Any idea if a camera purchased and installed from Maruti can be integrated into ICE i.e. I do not want to attach another display screen on the dashboard.
Old 11th June 2017, 19:49   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Thinking of booking the VXI AMT (petrol) for mainly city usage. It does not come with a reverse camera. Any idea if a camera purchased and installed from Maruti can be integrated into ICE i.e. I do not want to attach another display screen on the dashboard.
As per accessory brochure list , it can be installed from the Service center.

you can download the accessories brochure from here :https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...hure_Final.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-brochure.png  

zaveed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 12:17   #300
BHPian

Hi guys,
I'm planning to book Dzire Zxi+ AMT, but my heart is stuck on the Ciaz Delta AT (which I'm afraid won't be a good choice for city driving, as compared to the Dzire). Having never owned a sedan before, I find it a bit difficult to understand if Ciaz will indeed be difficult for daily office commuting. Also, is the AT on Ciaz much poorer in performance than the AMT on Dzire? Please share your views.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks