Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2018, 21:51   #151
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Isn't that against their offering till date !!!

They made sure their customers (irrespective of tiny "W" badge) enjoyed the same engine power albeit the creature comfort that stacked with increase in W number.
One thing I hope for is that they offer the existing customers an engine software upgrade to increase the power to 168bhp. I am sure many would love to have more power on their XUVs. Of course, this is only going to be possible if there are no changes in engine + gearbox components.
Old 23rd March 2018, 20:35   #152
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
One thing I hope for is that they offer the existing customers an engine software upgrade to increase the power to 168bhp. I am sure many would love to have more power on their XUVs. Of course, this is only going to be possible if there are no changes in engine + gearbox components.
This is highly unlikely and has never been a possibility for any vehicle even if the change is only in the software ecu map.

The cars sold are certified for a specific power rating with ARAI and they cannot change that.

Normally this entails an ECU swap plus a different Turbo charger and gearbox on the hardware side.

Last edited by ACM : 23rd March 2018 at 20:36.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 05:10   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
A cleaner tail lamp for it. Bit Ertiga'ish, but gives it a better look, IMO.

I am glad that the unnecessary bulge at the tail gate is gone now.
Exactly what went through my mind, thanks for illustrating it with pics.

Let's not jump the gun here, one should reserve their comments on the car's destiny untill better pics are shared.

The XUV500 had one of the most refined engines in the segment, I am excited about the engine update that would be offered.

Last edited by sureshkishore : 24th March 2018 at 05:13.
Old 24th March 2018, 12:22   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
This is highly unlikely and has never been a possibility for any vehicle even if the change is only in the software ecu map.

The cars sold are certified for a specific power rating with ARAI and they cannot change that.

Normally this entails an ECU swap plus a different Turbo charger and gearbox on the hardware side.
Thanks ACM. This is interesting. Completely agree that this is not possible in case of hardware changes.

However, in case of software only changes being prohibited due to ARAI certification, how was Volvo able to provide the Polestar performance upgrades to existing customers?
Old 25th March 2018, 02:39   #155
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Thanks ACM. This is interesting. Completely agree that this is not possible in case of hardware changes.

However, in case of software only changes being prohibited due to ARAI certification, how was Volvo able to provide the Polestar performance upgrades to existing customers?
Valid point. BMW too has on and off being offering performance kits and then discontinued the same for various cars.

I believe they may have taken approvals from the relevant organizations to offer these performance kits.
Old 25th March 2018, 12:12   #156
BHPian

Now only I understood why the new XUV500 or for that matter U321 didn't find a place in the Autoexpo. Forget Tata's superior design for newer models, or even recently launched models, Mahindra itself doesn't bring a minimum excitement in terms of looks. And for good sales number looks matter!

In fact, offering a beautiful car always is not a cup of tea for any manufacturer. But Mahindra seems not anyway interested in beauty contests, rather more in providing more punch for your buck.
Old 26th March 2018, 12:53   #157
Senior - BHPian

A very good friend of mine on a XUV group had a chance to see new Cheetah from inside out. His findings are:

1. 18" Alloys.
2. Seats are good and have royal tan color (orangish brown)
3. Dashboard has leather finish on the sides.
4. Dashboard plastic are now soft compared to older version. Its grey in color.
5. Infotainment system has more features but no CD player.
6. Engine had a nice growling sound at start.

Price could be 50K+- on the current top model. Expected to launch around 18/19 April.
nitinralli is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 17:02   #158
Senior - BHPian

I like it !!
First we complained that the design/theme is too loud and now that they have toned it down and made the car more mature the designers are still getting criticized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
A very good friend of mine on a XUV group had a chance to see new Cheetah from inside out. His findings are:

1. 18" Alloys.
2. Seats are good and have royal tan color (orangish brown)
3. Dashboard has leather finish on the sides.
4. Dashboard plastic are now soft compared to older version. Its grey in color.
5. Infotainment system has more features but no CD player.
6. Engine had a nice growling sound at start.

Price could be 50K+- on the current top model. Expected to launch around 18/19 April.
Which model was this ? Must be the W11 i guess.
No confirmation regarding the new engine ?
Old 29th March 2018, 13:05   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
I like it !!
First we complained that the design/theme is too loud and now that they have toned it down and made the car more mature the designers are still getting criticized.

Which model was this ? Must be the W11 i guess.
No confirmation regarding the new engine ?
I still like the first gen looks, was intimidating. With second gen it started looking boring (my 2 cents so no hard feeling for current owners ) With this third gen, they messed up boot big time. The only thing attractive at the back was those beautiful tail lights, but sadly they are gone now

No details as of now if it would be 150 or 170 Bhp. But my personnel gut feeling says it would 150bhp,sadly.
Old 30th March 2018, 10:53   #160
BHPian

I saw this scoop and was so revolted by seeing so much of garish chrome that had to comment. If anyone from company is seeing this, can we please have a option to get this vehicle without all this bling. Its supposed to be mature SUV not a bling machine.
Old 1st April 2018, 17:21   #161
Senior - BHPian

Again thanks to my friend in xuv group. Heres pics of new leather seats. Also notice those grey leather upholstery. It runs on dashboard as well.
Also you can see new set of alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-1522583382240.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-1522583395900.jpg  

nitinralli is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 18:24   #162
Senior - BHPian

Just my opinion, But for me the rear design has made the decision for me that my replacement for the W10 XUV will not be the new XUV 500! I was never a fan of the original Rear look of the XUV itself, Still it wasn't something very bad & actually looked okay along with the car, But the new one for me is
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 21:21   #163
Senior - BHPian

Heres a pic of the rear with bumper white sticker removed. This was caught in Jammu.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-1522597819986.jpg  

nitinralli is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 23:52   #164
BHPian

Usually new designs grow on you with time however this one reminds me of previous gen Audi Q7 vs current gen Q7 design fiasco. It lost all its charm(and majority of fan-base) with toned down design. I suspect the same would be the case with new XUV 5OO. Some cars are meant to be intimidating & XUV 5OO is(was?) one of them.
Old 2nd April 2018, 13:24   #165
Senior - BHPian

So guys latest news on Engine this time.

Its confirmed. New XUV 5oo will be coming with 155 Bhp and 360 NM Torque and not 170 Bhp as speculated earlier.

Sad news i know. However somehow i knew it wont be 170 as new Rexton (XUV 700, whichever name MnM decide) will be in 170 bhp range. Anyways, i still believe it will be a hoot to drive. Has a nice growling sound to it. Yet to be driven though.
nitinralli is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks