Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2017, 19:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Am certain it won't be just a power bump and they'll throw in some features. Wondering what, as the W10 is already 'fully loaded'.
Slap in black roof, black side mirrors, new alloy design and a new shade, and there you go, you have a all new W12.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 01:57   #17
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

As a previous owner of XUV, my wishlist would be
1. Definitely a better music system. The one that was/is available is too crappy
2. Some Boot space.. although it's a tall ask since it will result in a design change, I guess
3. A better design for the fog lamp housing
4. Better dashboard. The current dash and quality levels are way behind what the competition offers.
5. Stopping power for the 170 horses.
Sathya_sc is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 11:44   #18
BHPian

Getting in to XUV's third row is nothing short of gymnastics and staying there requires a mastery of Yoga. Introducing a power upgrade is a very good move but that won't be sufficient till they address the ride quality and improve the third row comfort.
needforspeed88 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 15:29   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Slap in black roof, black side mirrors, new alloy design and a new shade, and there you go, you have a all new W12.
Uhh... I think you missed the vinyl part! Add a cheeky graphic design to the rear 3/4th quarter, or some 'sportz' sticker, justifying the power bump
Old 28th June 2017, 11:05   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2nd-gen XUV500 with bumped up power/torque figures from it's 2.2L mHawk engine will be launched during the upcoming festival season, reports CarDekho quoting insider sources within M&M.

The torque figures would be between 350-360Nm, and not close to 400Nm as was speculated earlier.

Quote:
By what we’ve come to learn, Mahindra will turn the screws on its existing 2.2-litre, turbocharged mHAWK diesel engine to harness around 170PS of power, with torque figures hovering around the 350-360Nm mark. That means a bump in power and torque figures by 30PS and 20-30Nm respectively.
What’s more, the company is likely to launch this version around the 2017 festive period.
Our sources have also confirmed that the all-new XUV500 is at least two years away from making an entry to the market. That kind of time period will give the company enough feedback for the newly tuned engine before it decides to finalise the recipe for the second-gen XUV500.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 08:21   #21
BHPian

Any specific dates for the launch?
Old 1st July 2017, 09:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Our sources have also confirmed that the all-new XUV500 is at least two years away from making an entry to the market.
Reading this^ part, I have a feeling it's a planted story.

I'm not sure if M&M has ever cared to take feedback SO keenly on a "newly tuned" car. IMO It's just that if a buyer is told that a redesigned car is coming soon, then the person is most likely going to hold back the purchase decision.

Owing to what the competition offers, I'm guessing the newly done up XUV will mainly have better interior quality & a somewhat ok music system.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 09:33   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Looks like its somewhat seeing the heat from Hexa.
It would have, but TATA had to undercut the XUV 5OO pricing, which they didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Tata just doens't have the mass market appeal when it comes to high end SUVs. In my opinion the Hexa sales will taper off, and Tata will go into hibernation for another five years before improvements are made.
Well said on TATA's hibernation intervals. Also Hexa sales are decent for now, considering that it's just a major facelift of one of the biggest flops in the market. But I see it's already falling. Should stabilise around 500 units or less in the long run.

Mahindra is quick on their feet when it comes to upgrading their best sellers. Thats the primary reason why Scorpio and XUV 5OO are still bringing them good money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Am certain it won't be just a power bump and they'll throw in some features. Wondering what, as the W10 is already 'fully loaded'.
Instead of adding more features, I'd like to see more thought put into making all the existing features better, specially -

1. The sunroof has been a highlight, but is too small for a seven seater. Hope they can consider a panoramic one. TATA has given a hint about having one in their upcoming flagship SUV.

2. Music system needs a lot of improvement. If TATA can do better than this even in Tiago - Mahindra should give it a thought.

3. Sliding middle row seats needed to make the third row more useable.

4. The projector headlamps are far from impressive. They need to think about going the HID / LED route.

5. Those a/c vents that are mosquito coil shaped need a more mature redesign.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st July 2017 at 09:57.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 08:54   #24
BHPian

I'm just keeping my dad waiting from December/January for all the upgrades/facelifts to arrive. Its getting painful now. S cross, Ecosport, Xuv500, Nexon, Kaptur. Hopefully Diwali is curtains for my wait.
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:25   #25

Hi guys, great to read through all the feedback on the upcoming 170 bhp xuv..I too am one of them who just postponed my w10 AT Awd (much against the dealer trying to convince me to go in for the present model) but the wait is just getting on my nerves..could someone tell if it REALLY WILL be launched during the festive season or is it going to be 2018.. Also, is there any way to communicated directly with the company..thanks guys..
Old 5th August 2017, 22:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Having picked up an XUV just two months back, this news seriously depresses me :(. A 170 bhp mill would make this beast a flyer. I wonder if there will be a factory approved remap available. Im pretty sure the auto tranny would be able to handle the updated power and torque since I remember reading that its rated for upto 450NM. So if this is merely a software induced bump up, then this could be retro fitted too....kepping fingers crossed!
I'm there with you on this. Just bought an XUV automatic 6 months back. Loving every mile on the car. If they can give an update to existing owners too just like they did on the Android Auto, then nothing like it

Curiously waiting for the updated version.
Old 5th August 2017, 23:32   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
It would have, but TATA had to undercut the XUV 5OO pricing, which they
For the first time (GST effect) Tata's SUV price is lower than Mahindra prices. Please check it out. I was surprised to see the difference between Storme and Scorpio's price. Same applies for XUV and Hexa.

Coincidentally, driving the XUV for past 2 days and will do over 1,500 kms, save for the 6th gear/engine tune, I wouldn't trade my 4X4 S10 Scorpio. I don't like the way suspension behaves over bad roads, it appears if something or the other would break. Ride isn't very good as well.
Sheel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 15:45   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I don't like the way suspension behaves over bad roads, it appears if something or the other would break. Ride isn't very good as well.
For some reason suspension seems to be Mahindra's achilles heel. I don't understand why though. I see a *revised suspension* on the new XUV brochure. Every review/road test in India actually speaks about the suspension. Why doesn't Mahindra address this one thing that causes a blot on an otherwise good vehicle.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 13:38   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep compass effect?

Mahindra XUV500 2.2 petrol in the works. Launch expected in 2018.

The 2.2-litre petrol engine will be based on the same block as the current mHawk diesel motor.

Quote:
While power figures are unknown, the new 2.2-litre petrol engine will have a choice between a manual and a automatic transmission. Sources tell us that the upcoming petrol XUV500 will only be available in a new G-spec variant.
Quote:
The petrol XUV500 will directly rival the newly launched Jeep Compass.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th August 2017 at 13:41.
Old 7th August 2017, 17:09   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Its certainly pleasant to see power output figures go up. With the high power & hopefully better suspension design & tuning, the XUV will surge further ahead on its nice existing credentials.

But the 2.2 mHawk and the 2.2 Dicor/VTT Dicor/Varicor/Varicor400 which are quite similar in a lot of aspects are now doing duties for decades. I wonder which one is going to blink first and bring out a newer engine. Leaner, meaner & greener. FCA has already come with a 2.0 / 150PS mill in India. Time for homegrown makers to start some action too.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks