Team-BHP - Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/187427-hyundai-elite-i20-facelift-now-launched-rs-5-35-lakhs-3.html)

Hyundai Elite spied in Chennai,

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-newhyundaii20spied.jpg

LINK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 4213513)
IMO, the I20 Elite in its current form looks stunning, and hopefully Hyundai do not go all bonkers with this facelift.

+1. But looks like Hyundai things other-wise. The Current version was the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4310077)
Hyundai Elite spied in Chennai,

If my eyes are not betraying me, I can see Auto badge and indicator on fender rather than ORVM. Therefore, it should be safe to assume Hyundai is not offering AT ,just like the current i20,on any trim other than Magna. :Frustrati
I agree that 1.4Lpetrol engine attracts higher tax slab and hence AT is available in only Magna trim but they should give Sports variant an AT too. It is fairly loaded and should be a better buy for features and comfort it offers rather than Magna.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 (Post 4310099)
If my eyes are not betraying me, I can see Auto badge and indicator on fender rather than ORVM. Therefore, it should be safe to assume Hyundai is not offering AT ,just like the current i20,on any trim other than Magna. :Frustrati
I agree that 1.4Lpetrol engine attracts higher tax slab and hence AT is available in only Magna trim but they should give Sports variant an AT too. It is fairly loaded and should be a better buy for features and comfort it offers rather than Magna.

I agree with you , a higher version with more equipment & an automatic transmission would have been an amazing choice . If Ford can offer a 1.5L petrol in their cars , what's stopping Hyundai from offering the same ?

Big thanks to BHPian One:1 for sharing these spyshots with other enthusiasts!

Hyundai India is currently conducting road tests of the 2018 i20 facelift. This particular test mule was spotted testing just outside Poonamallee, close to Hyundai’s Chennai Factory at Sriperumbudur.

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-1w.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-2w.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-3w.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-4w.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-5w.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-6w.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-8w.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-7w.jpgHyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-9w.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-10w.jpg

Source & Full Article

Quote:

Today myself (Adheep Mohamed) and my colleague (Sriraman D) managed to take a few spy shots of the upcoming 2018 facelift of Elite i20.

Observations:
1. Captured close-up shot of the tail light
2. Automatic variant is confirmed
3. Captured close-up of the interiors of what seems to be a top end Auto-Transmission variant
4. Captured close-up of the interiors of mid variant
5. Captured the alloy design on top end vs mid variant
6. Captured a close-up of headlamp design

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckranjan (Post 4308952)
The latest scoop on the bling part : the white arrow design on the upper area of the headlamp will now light up on the facelift.

Your scoop makes sense as I can see that the DRLs have moved below the fog lamps like the Grand i10. I for one would love to see those brows lit up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4315030)

3. Captured close-up of the interiors of what seems to be a top end Auto-Transmission variant

If the above top spec AT news is true, and if the price isn't dangerously close to Verna (with similar trim+spec sheet) territory, Hyundai can for sure count me in as a customer.

Hyundai Elite face-lift on test,

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-2018hyundaii20facelfitspyshotfront.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-2018hyundaii20facelfitspyshotrearsection.jpg

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4316317)
Hyundai Elite face-lift on test,

Attachment 1702558

Attachment 1702559

Link

This seems a lower variant with no fog lamps. Plus the tail lights look to have full LED slats running on the upper and lower part. Looks sleek!

Is a diesel auto box confirmed? If they have it in the Verna, what stops them from putting it here?

A better automatic will surely do the Elite i20 a world of good. It will make a complete car even more complete. 4 speed AT is a bit dated now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselritzer (Post 4316856)
Is a diesel auto box confirmed? If they have it in the Verna, what stops them from putting it here?

Its the small car definition that stops them. The 1.6L engine from the Verna will push the i20 Diesel out of the small car backet, and the car will end up entering the Verna territory, and lot of cannibalization would happen.

Exteriors and interiors of the upcoming Elite i20 facelift, courtesy Youtube channel Automobile Enthusiast's.

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-untitled.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Rl8GBCiNw

2018 Hyundai i20 (Facelift) Rear – Rendering

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-2018hyundaii20faceliftrearrendering.jpg

The 2018 Hyundai i20 could debut at Auto Expo 2018 that will open on 7 February, 2018.

Source