Team-BHP - The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/189117-ford-figo-aspire-facelifts-edit-aspire-launched-rs-5-55-lakhs-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arijitkanrar (Post 4457339)
Attachment 1797041
Are these DRLs?

No. Just a chrome trim. Check the Brazilian model shared in the previous page - it has the same trim. The Freestyle gets a black insert there instead of chrome.

I hope the Chrome bits are a straight swap for the Freestyle's black ones, won't be to everyone's taste.

The gear lever design seems to have changed too. I was momentarily hoping it's a 6-speed unit for the TDCi with a 'lift-collar to engage reverse' mechanism, no such luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 4457331)

Now let me go back to silently wishing that its the 1.5 Dragon powering the automatic.

agree:

The 1.5L Dragon mated to the automatic could be a game-changer as far as the petrol-powered cars in this segment are concerned. But I guess it is too much to ask for.

Let's hope Ford surprises us once again, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4457353)
.... The gear lever design seems to have changed too. I was momentarily hoping it's a 6-speed unit for the TDCi with a 'lift-collar to engage reverse' mechanism, no such luck.

Guess it's the same as Freestyle - may be with the new gearbox too, which is considered much better than what was on offer with the 1.2L engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikipedia87 (Post 4457363)
The 1.5L Dragon mated to the automatic could be a game-changer as far as the petrol-powered cars in this segment are concerned. But I guess it is too much to ask for.

Both the current Figo and Aspire come with the 1.5 ltr engine mated to a 6 speed DCT. It'll now be much simpler for Ford to replicate the same with the 1.5 ltr dragon fused to the TC.

I don't see it as game changing since the market doesn't appreciate the fact that both the Figo and Aspire despite losing the excise benefit (sub 4 metres; 1.2 ltr engine) were priced competitively while offering a high tech AT. Safety wise too the cars come with ESP, TC & Hill hold which non of the competition offers. The issues associated with the DCT is a debate for another day though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 4457331)
Now let me go back to silently wishing that its the 1.5 Dragon powering the automatic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikipedia87 (Post 4457363)
Let's hope Ford surprises us once again, though.

In all likely hood it'll be the 1.2 ltr Dragon but I too hope Ford is motivated to launch the facelift with 1.5 ltr AT & in the Titanium + trim. Slim chance though. Even if they price it on par with Dzire AMT/Amaze CVT, market will just opt for the Japs :Frustrati.

Thanks to Murali L for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Aspire Facelift on display at Talera Ford, Yerwada:
The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img_20180911_074538.jpg

Ford Aspire Face-lift on video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IekG...ature=youtu.be

Too little too late. They could use the opportunity to provide an all back interior and rear door pockets. Makes a lot of difference in refreshing the interiors.

But I'm happy in a way. I got a fantastic deal on the pre-facelift car and I didn't lose much since there are no mechanical changes for the diesel engine (don't know if rumours of a new gearbox for diesel are true).

These face lifts are making the ford twins look so much like the Punto evo. Has anyone else felt the same?
Ford's strategy seems like they are happy with their numbers. Why are they not pushing into the Indian market with more launches? They have such a large list of vehicles to consider.

The width of the car appears to be increased a bit, anyone else has similar observations too?

More of the Aspire - face-lift,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0scfJ0LnSk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rd9Bws2zDo

Source:Auto Trend TV

I'm a day away from taking delivery of the Honda Amaze, and I've decided to wait it out for the Aspire facelift. I'll be considering the petrol version so it def makes sense to wait for Ford to put the dragon series engine under the hood.

I have a question though - is the cabin space of the Freestyle and Aspire identical?

I'm asking because I took a TD of the Amaze and the Freestyle back-to-back and the Amaze felt noticeably roomier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinaski (Post 4462272)
I have a question though - is the cabin space of the Freestyle and Aspire identical?

Yes, the Aspire, the Figo and the Freestyle have identical cabin space. Just that the Aspire has adjustable headrests and has a beige cabin making the cabin feel more airy.

Quote:

I'm asking because I took a TD of the Amaze and the Freestyle back-to-back and the Amaze felt noticeably roomier.

Having taken a couple of rides in old aspire I certainly feel it to be more comfortable in rear than the freestyle, though wheelbase remains same.
Adjustable headrest and armrest also contributes to comfort factor personally.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AYP (Post 4462277)
Yes, the Aspire, the Figo and the Freestyle have identical cabin space. Just that the Aspire has adjustable headrests and has a beige cabin making the cabin feel more airy.

I have first hand experience with the Aspire and the Figo, and I believe the Freestyle is like the Figo. So between the first two, the Aspire is definitely roomier. Even though the width and depth are identical, where the Aspire trumps the Figo is in the head space. Also the biege makes it seem bigger.