Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2018, 09:19   #31
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Karoq SUV caught in India

When this car is expected to release in India??
Old 5th August 2018, 11:28   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
When this car is expected to release in India??
I doubt if it will be launched at all.
In the latest issue of Autocar, there is a detailed interview with Bernhard Maier, Skoda's Head. He is speaking extensively of the major offensive on the VW/Skoda small cars and SUVs based on MQB A0 platform. As far as the premium segments, the Kodiaq, Octavia and Superb are mentioned many times, but no mention of Koraq.

My gut feel is that they will focus fully on getting the T-ROC small SUV based on MQB A0 platform and the skoda equivalent for the next 24 months and avoid going any more into the standard MBQ based platform cars such as Koraq, which can give them mind share, but not the volumes they are after to reach 5% market share in India by 2025.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th May 2019 at 11:36. Reason: formatted for better readability
Old 5th August 2018, 13:52   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
And they have a 5 seater in the Tiguan, so what good can the Karoq do in the same price territory?

Karoq is nothing but a Tiguan or Ateca from VW and Seat stable respectively.
The way we have Superb and Passat with some differences in features kit and price the same way we can look at the Karoq and Tiguan.
But yes as the Tiguan in itself isn't doing a great business there ain't no point in getting the Karoq. But the sales charts do signify that the Skoda counterparts have decidedly provided better sales when compared to the parent company, specially in the higher segments. Case in point : Superb vs Passat, Kodiaq vs Tiguan. Even the Octavia was doing better than the Jetta which eventually lead to the latter's demise.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 07:56   #34
BHPian

Any update on launch of Skoda Karoq?

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th February 2019 at 07:58. Reason: Typo
Old 4th February 2019, 10:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Guess Skoda is now concentrating on the VW India 2.0 plan and will bring the Creta rival first. We might see the Karoq a little later, possibly after a facelift.
Old 20th February 2019, 14:47   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Just had a word with my friendly SA at the Skoda workshop and he confirmed that the production of the Karoq has started in the India Factory (Aurangabad) and they are preparing for Launch in Apr-May timeframe. Service staff trainings are set to commence from next month (Mar onwards). He also mentioned that the price will be in the range of 25-30 Lacs ex showroom (Speculated) but the company is waiting for the Lok Sabha elections as government policies may change and affect the pricing.
It will also come with a Diesel Automatic variant (most likely 1.6 TDI DSG) which will also be BS6 compliant.
Behemoth is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 16:45   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The price will be in the range of 25-30 Lacs ex showroom (Speculated) but the company is waiting for the Lok Sabha elections as government policies may change and affect the pricing.
It will also come with a Diesel Automatic variant (most likely 1.6 TDI DSG) which will also be BS6 compliant.
I would expect this to come with the same engine as the Tiguan - a 2.0TDi 140BHP engine, especially considering the expected price tag.
Ideally though should peg it a little below the Tiguan at 23-28L ex-showroom.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 19:24   #38
BHPian

An ex showroom of 25-30 L would be a tad optimistic, case in point being their very own Tiguan. This price point is very tempting for people to either go in for a full size seven seater (Fortuner/Endy/Kodiaq) or even look at the entry level luxes (Q3/X1/XC40 et al).
If they really aim to make a dent, they should place it more in line with the Compass/Harrier/XUV500 line up.
And I fully agree with others' assessment regarding the better perception of Skoda vis a vis VW, but right now VAG needs a miracle baby who can outperform the market.
docprashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 19:43   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docprashant View Post
An ex showroom of 25-30 L would be a tad optimistic, case in point being their very own Tiguan. This price point is very tempting for people to either go in for a full size seven seater (Fortuner/Endy/Kodiaq) or even look at the entry level luxes (Q3/X1/XC40 et al).
If they really aim to make a dent, they should place it more in line with the Compass/Harrier/XUV500 line up.
And I fully agree with others' assessment regarding the better perception of Skoda vis a vis VW, but right now VAG needs a miracle baby who can outperform the market.
While we may all wish for lower prices than this, it is unlikely as this will be a BS6 compliant version which is anyway much more costly than the BS4 versions. Also these prices are speculative at this stage and also depends on any future tax implications if a new party comes into power in the Lok Sabha elections. But you can expect that the equivalent Karoq version will be 3-4 lacs cheaper than the Tiguan versions. Lets see finally how they position the products. If they are able to launch an AWD AT variant at 26 lacs ex showroom they will rack up decent numbers. Lets hope they don't get too optimistic in their positioning!
Old 20th February 2019, 23:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

My research says top end of the Kamiq (India 2.0) SUV will be close to 20 lakh which means Karoq will not be anywhere near that. It would be similar or slightly cheaper than Tiguan.
Old 21st February 2019, 10:22   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Just had a word with my friendly SA at the Skoda workshop and he confirmed that the production of the Karoq has started in the India Factory (Aurangabad) and they are preparing for Launch in Apr-May timeframe. Service staff trainings are set to commence from next month (Mar onwards). He also mentioned that the price will be in the range of 25-30 Lacs ex showroom (Speculated) but the company is waiting for the Lok Sabha elections as government policies may change and affect the pricing.
No offence. But, I don't think the launch or as a matter of fact the production will happen this year. Going by the repeated news updates in the other forum (see link below) 2020 Auto Show is when we will see a new product for India.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4537213

If it were to launch, there would be a tonne of Spy pics of the car being tested. Even the facelifted Rapid was spotted atleast a year before it was launch if I remember correctly. Skoda dealers have no clue about the products.

I would love to be proven wrong though. With 2 Skoda's in family, I would love to see Skoda to have a good time in Indian market.

OT: I couldn't resist sharing my views, as some websites are spreading the news about launch with Team-BHP as reference.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st February 2019 at 15:59. Reason: Spacing
21Archer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 11:27   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
No offence. But, I don't think the launch or as a matter of fact the production will happen this year. Going by the repeated news updates in the other forum (see link below) 2020 Auto Show is when we will see a new product for India.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4537213
OT: I couldn't resist sharing my views, as some websites are spreading the news about launch with Team-BHP as reference.
My source is quite credible and the Karoq launch is around the corner. It may happen in 2 months or 4 months but it is imminent for this year. The showstopper for next year 2020 Auto expo is the Kamiq which will be revealed at the Geneva Motor Show in March.

I am also one of the rare TBHPians who had 2 Skoda's together for nearly 5 years (Yeti and Laura) and still have the Laura with us.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st February 2019 at 15:59. Reason: Spacing
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 15:30   #43
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Tweet by Hormazd Sorabjee about the Karoq launch.

Scoop! Skoda Karoq SUV caught in India-shot20190221275211aghed1.jpeg
PPS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 10:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
My source is quite credible and the Karoq launch is around the corner. It may happen in 2 months or 4 months but it is imminent for this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Tweet by Hormazd Sorabjee about the Karoq launch.
Time will tell which source we can trust. Just wanted to be sure that we don't give false information.

I went through the same situation as yours few years ago, when one of the Service adviser who regularly visits the Aurangabad Plant told me about the then New Fabia launching in India soon. However, I knew for sure that it wasn't coming. Because the World knows better than the people working for Skoda.
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:13   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Time will tell which source we can trust. Just wanted to be sure that we don't give false information.

I went through the same situation as yours few years ago, when one of the Service adviser who regularly visits the Aurangabad Plant told me about the then New Fabia launching in India soon. However, I knew for sure that it wasn't coming. Because the World knows better than the people working for Skoda.
Yes, that is true and they could be over optimistic with the launch date. The only way to confirm this is if they do go ahead with the service staff training from next month - if that does happen, it will be a confirmation that the launch will be taking place soon as Skoda normally does that only 2 months before launch. But like I said the risk to the launch is of the financial policies from a new Government (possibly coalition) coming in and further disincentivizing diesel vehicles.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks