Team-BHP - Cars that give you that ‘pushed into the seat’ feeling
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cars that give you that ‘pushed into the seat’ feeling (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/192452-cars-give-you-pushed-into-seat-feeling-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4305811)
The next-gen Accord V6 with 271 BHP was even more insane. The acceleration was crazy. I was so tempted to buy it. But that temptation lasted until the first fast corner I attacked. It was a B-O-A-T :).

Not to forget, the FE & RPM needles were inversely connected. Every time you redlined it, you could see the FE needle drop rl:. In real time.

Really GTO? Because a friend who drove both a few minutes apart said 2008 Accord V6 didn't feel as fast to him as 2003-07 Accord V6 because the '08 Accord has this cylinder deactivation thing which shuts down 3 cylinders in traffic for mileage's sake. Even I didn't buy this argument of his. Anyway, good to know this. Since mileage is no issue at all for me as I am buying a diesel SUV to run errands, I want a Sunday morning asphalt scorcher at wallet-friendly budget so I will start looking for a used '08 Accord V6 now. And since petrol sedans come at ridiculously low prices, I won't pinch the pain at all. And, yes, these Hondas are mighty reliable, too. So, thank you so much for the revelation. :)

Even though my RS5 is my daily drive, the first car that came to my mind when I read this thread title was my ex-BMW e60 525d. That car truly lived up to BMW’s tagline of JOY. The torque surge would pin you down brutally during down shifts. That pinning down feeling made me grin till the day I sold it.

Great thread. I am going to add two totally different machines in this list

The Force Traveller 2.2 CRV in 3500 wheelbase. Here are the specs for the same
2.2 liter engine, 130 BHP

A relatively light monocoque body and excellent engine responsiveness gave me that "Pushed in the seat" feeling.

One more vehicle in this list is the Isuzu D Max. Brilliant accleration and a guaranteed turner of pick up truck owners into the next WDC F1 champions

What a lively thread this is turning out to be clap:

I haven't tried cars in the 3 million rupee and above bracket yet for their speeds. Some of those impressive cars in the sub 3 million rupee bracket in India that I fondly remember are

Chevrolet Optra Magnum 2.0 Diesel

Maruti Swift 1.3 DDIS, First gen: Pinned to the seat in 2nd gear around 2k RPM. I miss her much

Mitsubishi CEDIA Sports: Pinned to the seat while taking off from the signals. Trying to buy my old one back just for this feeling of taking off from the signals

VW Polo GT TDI : TSI ain't so addictive like the diesel

VW Ameo TDI: 2K-4K RPM is where an invisible hand pushes you to the seat

Scorpio 2.2Mhawk: For a 2 tonne Mahindra vehicle, the pick up is seriously a surprising one

Isuzu DMax Vcross- A fully loaded car with 5 on board pushed me deeper into my driver's seat when I floored the pedal in 2/3 gears and the co passengers felt the same too

From my humble experience, my Stage1 tuned GT TSI, gives me that little push back feeling when I am on M mode and doing 4K and I aggressively floor the throttle. It just catapults and revs to 6k almost instantly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 4305484)
I am surprised, the most powerful diesel hatchback for years hasn't been mentioned yet.

Hyundai Getz CRDI 110 BHP 240Nm :D
The car that made me a hardcore diesel head.

Attachment 1696207

True That. It's an itty bitty sleeper in some sense. Only people who know the car will appreciate it. Doing road legal speeds at night is kind of an offence for all the Indicabs and Etioses. So whenever they come up behind and honk, first I ignore and then floor it. They way it pulls away from the taunters brings out that smirk after long grind in office :D.

Every segment has its own car which "pins the passengers to seats" when you do the magic on the pedal.

When it starts opening at ~2000 RPM, I just LOVE my 1.6L Vento TDI. Makes me go crazy while getting earful from my wife. :D

The satisfaction you get when you start from a traffic light and see other automobiles as a small speck on your rear-view mirror is beyond words.

Have driven many cars, mainly those "family cars" with no real fun, except, that one car which brings wideeeeeee grin on my face - The Audi Q3 3.0 TDI with that tasty DSG gearbox. One of our relatives owns that beast and I've had good number of hours driving it. And what a car, not just the raw power and scary yet awesome acceleration it possesses (particularly in sports mode) but the dynamics, braking, handling, suspension - everything is just so sorted. What a superstar that car is!! clap:

The only downside for me is the super duper light steering wheel which feels completely disconnected from the wheels. Though it gains weight nicely on highways, it doesn't feel real at most of the times.

I fondly remember my first and only ride in a Chinkara. My uncle had taken me to the workshop ( I think it was in Alibaug).

Low seating, 4-point seat belts, non existent windscreen (it was an open top) and a fast driver made the experience very very surreal. Here I was, holding on to my dear life, with wind smashing into my face, the road just inches below my seat and the hot exhaust bolted on to the outside emitting heat too close to me. After a ride, I had to be assisted out, my hair was disheveled and the only word I could utter was "Again".

This was best 'pushed back into the seat car' moment for me. Not just the felling, but the raw nature of other elements added to the excitement. I'm pretty sure that the car was slower than today's cars, but felt very fast.

My Abarth today no longer gives me a push-into-the-seat feel. I guess I have got used to the car. However when I experienced a friends 530d, I literally had my heart in my mouth. And he said this was nothing, wait for a longer open stretch of road. I had to scramble out of the passenger seat to maintain my sanity.

I have floored the pedal of my VW Passat 2.0TDi a couple of times, mostly on the expressway and have burned rubber too !

What a feeling 170 horses with 350Nm of torque :)

I have experienced it in my Linea T-Jet. The first time my uncle traveled with me in the car from Pune to Bangalore, he remarked on how the car pushed him back into the seat each time I accelerated the car!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsagar (Post 4305914)
Really GTO? Because a friend who drove both a few minutes apart said 2008 Accord V6 didn't feel as fast to him as 2003-07 Accord V6 because the '08 Accord has this cylinder deactivation thing which shuts down 3 cylinders in traffic for mileage's sake.

I do remember reading about this too - The Accord V6 has cylinder deactivation - shuts down 2 cylinders apparently for better FE.

However, on an open road - the extra performance should be felt with all 6 cylinders in action. This also has the bigger 3.5L V6 engine compared to the older 3.0 V6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4305924)
Even though my RS5 is my daily drive, the first car that came to my mind when I read this thread title was my ex-BMW e60 525d. That car truly lived up to BMW’s tagline of JOY. The torque surge would pin you down brutally during down shifts. That pinning down feeling made me grin till the day I sold it.

Can't agree more! That car was absolutely brilliant at it's time and has really set some high standards!

The new Innova Crysta was a surprise package. Put it in PWR mode and its a different car altogether. Pushes you back to seat in all 5 gears. While the car is cruising at 100 in Eco mode, just press PWR mode and you can see the bonnet rise up and acceleration continues to amaze. Even at illegal speeds the pull is just amazing.

I was driving 2004 Honda Accord 2.0 iVtec 4 Cylinder AT in Brazil for few years.
This car has given me that feeling of "pushed into the seat" many times on highways with 155 Horses under the hood.
The acceleration was unreal with slightest push on the pedal. I haven't experienced the same in any of the cars i have driven in India so far. :)

I'd like to add Swift 1.3 DDIS first version
the turbo kick was a shock to the middle class people. Power to the masses !!!

If considering affordable bikes..Duke 200 is always ready to throw off the rider :D