Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2019, 17:14   #46
BHPian

Re: The 2019 5th-Generation Honda City

Here is a rendering of the next generation City. Lesser chrome at the front grille end (as rendered) would be better. It would also help to keep those alloys less busy-looking than the current ones. Nothing else will likely change. This was exactly how I'd felt the new City would look like from viewing the spy shots. Thanks again, SRK designs.

The 2019 5th-Generation Honda City-img_20190617_165809.jpg
jailbird_fynix is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 07:27   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

New Honda City likely to get compact hybrid system for India.

Quote:
the Japanese carmaker has revealed that it is developing a new, more compact hybrid system and it is likely that the City for our market could be equipped with that system.
Quote:
Honda's decision to develop a compact version of its hybrid system further underlines its belief that hybrids are more effective and a practical alternative in the shift to electrification, as opposed to full-electrics
Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 15:15   #48
BHPian

I was at Honda dealer today for servicing of my City. Dealer is expecting the launch in October 2019.
Old 19th August 2019, 21:23   #49
BHPian

Does it make sense to go for a city right now if the 5th gen is around the corner? Will there be a significant price rise due to the BS VI. Also is it certain to have a hybrid system and wouldn't that push prices much more? With so little information around its launch, it does feel difficult to make the decision of a purchase.
Old 20th August 2019, 21:33   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
Does it make sense to go for a city right now if the 5th gen is around the corner? Will there be a significant price rise due to the BS VI. Also is it certain to have a hybrid system and wouldn't that push prices much more? With so little information around its launch, it does feel difficult to make the decision of a purchase.
Wait if you can. As per my guess we will only see this car by next year. Perhaps the marketing campaigns might start by festive time. We are yet to see this car in India.

Looking at the condition of the auto industry and the sales, I don't expect prices to be drastically high. Already city is overlapping with D segment. However, you will loose on the discounts which might make the price hike look bit steep.
Also the car will only feature a micro hybrid to compete with ciaz. Govt is not giving any benefits for hybrids so unlikely that Honda wants to launch a hybrid and price it 2-3 lakhs higher.
Old 20th August 2019, 21:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I expect the new City to nudge ₹ 20L and upwards. The present City is good, smooth performer with a gem of an engine (i-VTEC), fuel efficient, comfortable to drive and sit in. It's a well rounded package with a premium. I have three cars at home and the City keys are always in my pocket. Had it now for 2.5 years and brings a smile when driven. You can't go wrong with a City.
Old 21st August 2019, 14:31   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
However, you will loose on the discounts which might make the price hike look bit steep.
Currently the only discount on offer is a Rs.32000 cash discount along with a 30000 exchange bonus added. So it's not much of an incentive when the on road cost is 17 lakhs. One concern is will the resale of this version get impacted due to the next gen with BS VI or will the price difference be enough to negate the devaluation? When I spoke to the sales advisor he too mentioned that although he hasn't got any official information it may make sense to wait if i can do so.This surprised me since he didn't really push the sale.
Now, he may be just lazy and incompetent or am I missing something?

Last edited by chittybang : 21st August 2019 at 14:33. Reason: spell check and grammar
Old 21st August 2019, 14:41   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I expect the new City to nudge ₹ 20L and upwards.
If a well kitted i10 nios can cost close to 10L, I don't see a reason why a decked up new gen city will raise any eyebrows for getting close to 20L OTR.

Brace up for new price tram lines for C and D segment cars.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 15:08   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Currently the only discount on offer is a Rs.32000 cash discount along with a 30000 exchange bonus added. So it's not much of an incentive when the on road cost is 17 lakhs. One concern is will the resale of this version get impacted due to the next gen with BS VI or will the price difference be enough to negate the devaluation?
Which is why i suggested to wait if you can. If you are concerned about the resale, it is always better to buy brand new launches with BS-VI (Kia Seltos is one strong alternative in that price range)

Current discounts of 60K + 60-80K premium that the new City brings, the price difference will be around max 1.5L (unless honda get really greedy)

Quote:
Now, he may be just lazy and incompetent or am I missing something?
I found most of the Honda dealerships to be incompetent at least in bangalore

Discounts are fairly same month on month, this could also mean that the new launch is still far away (next year)

Mod Note: Thread closed. The 5th-gen Honda City has been spotted testing in India. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th September 2019 at 14:53. Reason: Adding link to new thread.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks