Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2018, 10:23   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Ford Freestyle. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.09 lakhs

The Freestyle Titanium in Smoke Grey, courtesy TAI member allhyundaicars.

Comes with a different touchscreen HU (non-SYNC3) + audio buttons & a single USB port.

The Ford Freestyle. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.09 lakhs-img_20180506_160006.jpg

The Ford Freestyle. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.09 lakhs-img_20180506_160011.jpg

The Ford Freestyle. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.09 lakhs-img_20180506_155950.jpg

The Ford Freestyle. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.09 lakhs-img_20180506_155955.jpg

The Ford Freestyle. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.09 lakhs-img_20180506_160001.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 12:17   #257
BHPian

I am interested in Freestyle and wanted to test drive it. I booked the test drive in the Ford website, twice with two different dealers, but got no response so far. This was a bad experience compared to the quick responses I received from Tata, Toyota, Honda when i used their websites.
Could anyone suggest the best dealer in Chennai which I can visit for the test drive and hopefully, booking ?
My main concern with Ford is that am really apprehensive about the dealership experience w.r.to sales and service. I don't have such concerns when I think of Honda or Toyota.
Thanks in advance.
Old 8th May 2018, 13:13   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy View Post
I am interested in Freestyle and wanted to test drive it. I booked the test drive in the Ford website, twice with two different dealers, but got no response so far. This was a bad experience compared to the quick responses I received from Tata, Toyota, Honda when i used their websites.
Could anyone suggest the best dealer in Chennai which I can visit for the test drive and hopefully, booking ?
My main concern with Ford is that am really apprehensive about the dealership experience w.r.to sales and service. I don't have such concerns when I think of Honda or Toyota.
Thanks in advance.
It is as expected. Ford customer interface leaves a lot to be desired. Try Chennai Ford in Arumbakkam. Heard good things about them. Eureka Ford Saidapet is the authorised parts seller for Ford in Chennai. Hans Ford is in Iyyapanthangal if you live close by. They are decent as well.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 11:20   #259
Senior - BHPian

Official video of Gill driving it on Kolli hills which has 70 hairpin bends
Old 10th May 2018, 12:24   #260
BHPian

This is an interesting launch. Eagerly waiting for the official review. Meanwhile, if anyone have some thoughts between this and Baleno, which one to pick? Space wise Baleno seems to be better, though reading this thread, lot of good things with Freestyle.
gunsho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 18:07   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsho View Post
This is an interesting launch. Eagerly waiting for the official review. Meanwhile, if anyone have some thoughts between this and Baleno, which one to pick? Space wise Baleno seems to be better, though reading this thread, lot of good things with Freestyle.
I am in the same boat as you. Was considering swift or freestyle but as the top end variant of swift and baleno is not having too much difference price wise had a look at baleno and did a test drive as well .

To sum up freestyle is a drivers car whereas baleno is totally a family car due to space but sort of disconnected due to lack of steering feedback.

As soon as I came out of the nexa showroom after test drive saw a freestyle parked outside. Size wise freestyle is very small and the omission of rear headrest is a big miss especially on those long drives .
snaseer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 18:26   #262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsho View Post
....anyone have some thoughts between this and Baleno, which one to pick?
There will be detailed comparisons, but these are the obvious items:

Baleno:

+ Best-in-class petrol motor
+ Space
+ Keyless entry & go (request sensors on both front doors + boot)
+ Projector headlamps + DRLs
+ Adjustable rear headrests
+ Maruti A.S.S

- Build quality
- Inferior safety package
- Ride Quality (improves with load)

Freestyle:

+ Safety package
+ Ground Clearance
+ Ride & handling
+ Touchscreen ICE available on lower variants, Sync 3 on T+ variant
+ Best-in-class 1.5 TDCi diesel motor

- Unproven petrol motor (initial impressions are positive but not on par with K12)
- Space
- Rear headrests
- Styling (subjective)
- A.S.S. not as widespread as Maruti

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th May 2018 at 18:28.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 12:07   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post

Baleno:

+ Best-in-class petrol motor
+ Space
+ Keyless entry & go (request sensors on both front doors + boot)
+ Projector headlamps + DRLs
+ Adjustable rear headrests
+ Maruti A.S.S
Also, the baleno is packed with quite a lot of nifty features which is more than just gimmickry. Like the UV cut glass, an awesome MID, Tilt and telescopic steering, auto irvm, nexa safety shield standard on all variants etc. Makes for a very compelling case. Baleno looks to be better built than the Swift or the dzire as well in my opinion. I would go for the top variant only in the freestyle. Hoping a team bhp review is in the works to rest the case
sandx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 13:30   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy View Post
Thanks in advance.
Nazzy, did you manage to test drive the car yet or not? I have a friend in Ford. If you could PM me your contact details I shall pass it on so that he can arrange test drive.
Old 11th May 2018, 14:37   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandx View Post
Also, the baleno is packed with quite a lot of nifty features which is more than just gimmickry. Like the UV cut glass, an awesome MID, Tilt and telescopic steering, auto irvm, nexa safety shield standard on all variants etc. Makes for a very compelling case. Baleno looks to be better built than the Swift or the dzire as well in my opinion. I would go for the top variant only in the freestyle. Hoping a team bhp review is in the works to rest the case
The Nexa safety shield or whatever its called, at the helm is a marketing gimmick or best, a wicked joke. Nothing more than that. On the other hand, a Ford, any day is definitely well built than a Maruti Suzuki. Well, yeah cost cutting is quite evident on the current crop of Fords, but again, no where close to a Maruti. Hope, people start considering safety as one of their main priorities when choosing a car.

Last edited by jeeva : 11th May 2018 at 14:40.
jeeva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 14:58   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
+ 1 to Baleno for rear-seat split fold-down capability. Very useful when having 3 passengers plus luggage.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th May 2018 at 20:17.
AutoSphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 17:52   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
The Nexa safety shield or whatever its called, at the helm is a marketing gimmick or best, a wicked joke. Nothing more than that. On the other hand, a Ford, any day is definitely well built than a Maruti Suzuki. Well, yeah cost cutting is quite evident on the current crop of Fords, but again, no where close to a Maruti. Hope, people start considering safety as one of their main priorities when choosing a car.
Well I mentioned nexa safety shield to avoid naming all of the features that was included, isofix, seat belt pretensioners et al. At least I am happy they are making things like those standard and being a market leader will force the others to join in as well. As a product it is very hard to ignore which reflects in the sales volume as well.

I have a car purchase due and I will surely go for a Ford / Freestyle if it's good but build quality is not the only parameter I am looking for. It is at the top definitely but should complement the overall package. P.S nothing from the Maruti Stable is on my list at the moment. but things change.
Old 12th May 2018, 16:38   #268
BHPian

Fords are definitely better built than Maruti. One can judge this from a simple test drive too just do a side by side test drive of both freestyle and a swift.

Came across this accident video of new Dzire. I think of marutis as tin cans but this even surprised me.

The video credits show as team-bhp so must have been posted in some thread
driftagain is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 19:41   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftagain View Post
Fords are definitely better built than Maruti. One can judge this from a simple test drive too just do a side by side test drive of both freestyle and a swift.
Came across this accident video of new Dzire. I think of marutis as tin cans but this even surprised me
The video credits show as team-bhp so must have been posted in some thread
Wish they would not have used background music for an accident video. Coming back to the topic, I recall seeing pictures of an accident of the new Swift on social media a few days ago, the car had been T boned and the whole side was crumpled up like a tissue paper. Can only imagine what must've become of the passengers.
Old 13th May 2018, 10:36   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftagain View Post

Came across this accident video of new Dzire. I think of marutis as tin cans but this even surprised me.
As much as I concur with safety not being Maruti's priority, that video left me with the opposite conclusion. Seeing the front crumple and absorb all the impact while leaving the passenger cabin mostly intact gives reassurances about the new lightweight platform. It is working as designed. Ideally we would have some photos of the cabin to draw a more informed conclusion.

Back on topic, have been giving serious consideration to the Freestyle to replace our last gen Swift. The 6 airbags being the primary motivator. Hopefully there's an Autobox version with 6 airbags in the works.
ask99 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks