Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2018, 22:12   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Ford Freestyle. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.09 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
At times it goes bonkers and keeps revving the engine even when the pedal is fully depressed.
Yup, that is an irritant. You need to shift to neutral and take the foot off the clutch pedal to bring down the rpm. And many a times it kicks in late for me to reveal an unpleasant resonating vibration, still not able to find from where.

Is there anyway I can advance the kicking in? I tried padding the underside of the pedal which activates a switch, but no use. Is there no ECU updates for regularising this?

Last edited by thoma : 6th May 2018 at 22:15.
Old 6th May 2018, 22:21   #242
BANNED

Drove the Freestyle yesterday, here are my inputs-

1) 1.5 on the Figo drives way better than the Freestyle 1.5.
2) 1.2 on the Freestyle is better.
3) Ride cannot be compared to Maruti Suzuki.

So the take, the only cladding that has succeeded is WRV, reason, the cladding needs to be thick and loud that it covers up the base product underneath.

Polo, i20 active and the Freestyle shall succumb as they do not hide the personality beneath, which cleverly the WRV does.

For the 1.5 it is the Figo all the way, the Freestyle 1.5 is way slower.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th May 2018 at 08:46. Reason: FS = Freestyle. Please do not use abbreviations in your post. Thanks!
Old 6th May 2018, 22:28   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
That sounds like the clutch switch which increases the revs when releasing the clutch pedal to avoid stalling the engine.
At times it goes bonkers and keeps revving the engine even when the pedal is fully depressed.
We shifted to neutral and let go of the clutch and still observed the same behaviour.

Will ask the showroom guy when we go for a petrol test drive.
nmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 06:53   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
We shifted to neutral and let go of the clutch and still observed the same behaviour.

Will ask the showroom guy when we go for a petrol test drive.
So the issue that was omnipresent in the Ikon still continues after more than a decade. It's funny that Ford haven't been able to sort it out or haven't tried.
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 10:00   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

Is there anyway I can advance the kicking in? I tried padding the underside of the pedal which activates a switch, but no use. Is there no ECU updates for regularising this?
Ford will not have any updates for sure in regards to this.

The only was is it to disable it in the ECU.
I had asked CODE6 during the remap of my Aspire to check if they can disable it. He needed time do research on it, so left it at that.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 10:06   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Ford Freestyle Accessories.

Engine Undershield: If you plan to take your Freestyle out for some rough driving, the underbody shield can protect the engine from serious damage.
Attachment 1757123

Pic courtesy: DriveSpark

Ford Freestyle Brochure
Has anyone checked if this shield can be fixed to regular Figo as well?
Old 7th May 2018, 10:47   #247
BHPian

Planning to buy a car by end of the month and confused between the swift and freestyle Petrol.
Family is pushing on the swift petrol due to resale value and maintenance costs.
Eagerly waiting for the official review to decide.

Took a short test drive of the freestyle petrol and liked the car. One thing noticed was that there was a slight bouncing on the rear end on less than perfect roads.
snaseer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 10:53   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaseer View Post
Planning to buy a car by end of the month and confused between the swift and freestyle Petrol.
Family is pushing on the swift petrol due to resale value and maintenance costs.
Eagerly waiting for the official review to decide
I would strongly recommend Figo Titanium plus, purely on the impeccable safety suit comprising class leading 6 airbags. Sense of safety that build quality of Figo offers can not be matched by Swift. Also, going by various reviews available online, its a pretty good engine to drive, having all necessary features.

I feel its time we start giving weightage to safety features of a car while making the purchase decision. Else manufacturers will be more than happy to keep on selling us tin cans like Baleno.
nvldvr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 10:59   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Eagerly waiting for the official review to decide.

Took a short test drive of the freestyle petrol and liked the car. One thing noticed was that there was a slight bouncing on the rear end on less than perfect roads.
Buy the car you enjoy driving and being in.
Maintenance cost is something Ford is trying their best to make the buying public informed that it is not high compared to the competition.

In my opinion, you buy a car , use it to the maximum and sell it for what it is worth then depending on the condition and market price. Don't let that affect the buying decision now unless you are not planning to keep the car for long term.
tharian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 11:56   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
Drove the petrol Freestyle Titanium+...
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
I test drove the Freestyle 1.2 on Friday...
Thanks for sharing the experience. BTW did you happen to notice the instantaneous average on the MID while driving? Is that feature available?

I know ARAI certified rating is 19kmpl, but realtime one usually is a whole different ball-game. From the reviews & realtime experiences of fellow BHPians it seems the drive-ability of the petrol is pretty nice and it would be good to know if its frugal as well(not Maruti frugal, but better than hyndai?)

Pricing seems pretty good compared to competition and I strongly hope ford has gone back to the previous gen Figo build quality. That used to be their strength, which they kinda compromised in order to compete with marutis and ended up being neither here nor there

Last edited by SoumenD : 7th May 2018 at 11:57.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 14:00   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Thanks for sharing the experience. BTW did you happen to notice the instantaneous average on the MID while driving? Is that feature available?

I know ARAI certified rating is 19kmpl, but realtime one usually is a whole different ball-game. From the reviews & realtime experiences of fellow BHPians it seems the drive-ability of the petrol is pretty nice and it would be good to know if its frugal as well(not Maruti frugal, but better than hyndai?)
I did not notice the instantaneous FE in the Freestyle. Not really sure about it's presence.

The driveability of the 1.2 dragon motor was very good, pulled well in all the gears. Low end was really, really good. 3rd gear, 15/20 km/h - the Freestyle pulled cleanly. In short, in - city driveability was E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T.

Prathik

Last edited by Prathiiik : 7th May 2018 at 14:15.
Prathiiik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 14:07   #252
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Nope, instantaneous FE isn't available in the Freestyle.
That's strange as the present gen Figo and the Aspire get this feature. I was expecting Ford to offer more with the slightly bigger MID.
Old 7th May 2018, 14:54   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If these 2 are the only criteria of debate, then Swift will be high on both counts - higher resale value and higher cost of maintenance. I have the Aspire, and that is cheaper than my Alto in maintenance - no kidding.

With the Swift, you will be one of thousands.
With the Freestyle, you will be one in thousands.

Debatable point, but God forbid if you were to have an accident, you will be safer in the Ford than in the Swift. I'm speaking from personal experience here.
samaspire is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 15:50   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
If these 2 are the only criteria of debate, then Swift will be high on both counts - higher resale value and higher cost of maintenance. I have the Aspire, and that is cheaper than my Alto in maintenance - no kidding.

With the Swift, you will be one of thousands.
With the Freestyle, you will be one in thousands.

Debatable point, but God forbid if you were to have an accident, you will be safer in the Ford than in the Swift. I'm speaking from personal experience here.
I was in the same boat, mom needed a fuel efficient automatic car. We are taking delivery of our swift zxi AMT tomorrow but I always had doubts about the safety of the Swift, however we need the AT and the freestyle dint have it otherwise we would have cancelled the Swift immediately!

Also the new Figo has scored just 3 stars in the NCAP crash test and the body structure was deemed as unstable. So I wonder how much different the Swift will fare? I know for a fact that the swift sheet metal is thinner than the new Figo but can the new Figo or the freestyle be considered much safer? Only the Toyota etios ,Tata zest and the polo have better ratings.

I wish NCAP had tested the new Swift as well and that would have really settled things! Seeing pictures of a t-boned Swift by an auto rickshaw gives me the jitters but I am hoping that Maruti's "heartect" platform that they advertise so much is not some gimmick.
rambo1o1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 09:41   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
I would strongly recommend Figo Titanium plus, purely on the impeccable safety suit comprising class leading 6 airbags.

Titanium plus is definitely VFM looking at the introductory price but sadly they do not have ready stock and can only deliver by July . That’s not an issue anyways as I want to check the official review here. Even if the review is 80% positive I will go for it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks