Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2019, 13:05   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Looks like a low-spec variant. No LED lights at the back and no alloys. Wonder what would such a variant be priced at, (ex-showroom).
Old 25th March 2019, 18:16   #77
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Ashutosh Mittal for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

The upcoming KIA SUV was spotted testing on the NH1. The car could be the base variant as it gets steel wheels. It also gets roof rails.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_1571.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_1574.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_1576.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_1577.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_1578.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_1579.jpg
ChiragM is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 12:52   #78
Senior - BHPian

Kia Sp Signature concept showed at 2019 Seoul Auto show, which looks much closer to production spec.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia0.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiaspsign1_660x330.jpg  

fz_rider is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 15:12   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Kia Sp Signature concept showed at 2019 Seoul Auto show, which looks much closer to production spec.
Seems like another iteration of the SP concept shown here in India and nowhere near production spec.
Old 28th March 2019, 15:49   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
A Kia SP2i has been spotted in New Delhi. New images give a clear view of the dual-tone alloy wheels of the new model.

Source
The price bucket of this new Kia SP2i is reported to be from INR 12 lakh to INR 16 lakh. Being positioned rather aggressively, it will take on the likes of Mahindra XUV500, the Tata Harrier, the Hyundai Creta, and the Nissan Kicks.
Old 28th March 2019, 16:01   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianAutoEnthu View Post
The price bucket of this new Kia SP2i is reported to be from INR 12 lakh to INR 16 lakh. Being positioned rather aggressively, it will take on the likes of Mahindra XUV500, the Tata Harrier, the Hyundai Creta, and the Nissan Kicks.
Yes, Kia India has previously said that the SP2i will demand a small premium over the Creta, which should help it project the vehicle as a more premium offering. A starting price of anywhere around INR 12 lakh should work in the SUV's favour.

Regards
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 20:43   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
Seems like another iteration of the SP concept shown here in India and nowhere near production spec.
The alloy design is similar to one seen in testing. Most of the body shell should look similar, with some changes to headlight and taillight.
Old 29th March 2019, 21:11   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianAutoEnthu View Post
The price bucket of this new Kia SP2i is reported to be from INR 12 lakh to INR 16 lakh. Being positioned rather aggressively,
I am of opinion the Hyundai Creta is overpriced by 2 Lakhs (More so on the top variants). Kia is speculated to command a premium over Creta.

I don't see the aggressive positioning here.
vaasscit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 09:42   #84
BHPian

Kia SP2i spied with floating infotainment syatem.

Old 1st April 2019, 16:06   #85
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
I am of opinion the Hyundai Creta is overpriced by 2 Lakhs (More so on the top variants). Kia is speculated to command a premium over Creta.

What I mean is with a rich- feature package equipped, this price is quite aggressive. And recently, to run the game, Hyundai has announced to introduce the EX variant of the Hyundai Creta and to replace the outgoing E+ version. This EX variant is said to come with additional features like fog light DRL at the front, armrest with a cup holder, adjustable rear seat headrest, and parking camera at the rear. Also, while launching this new variant, Hyundai will cease the S automatic diesel variant. Hence, only one diesel-automatic option left, which is the SX.
What do you think about this plan from Hyundai?
Old 5th April 2019, 16:53   #86
BHPian

I happened to spot this car a couple of weeks back on the Bellary Road near Yelahanka. (Back then, my membership was pending approval)

The sticker clearly says SP2. So didn't have to break my head over guessing which car.

The alloys look different from the ones I've seen on other spy pics. But what really caught my eyes was those Red Brake Callipers.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190315_110523.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190315_110530_copy.jpg
BikerSuz is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 17:16   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSuz View Post
I happened to spot this car a couple of weeks back on the Bellary Road near Yelahanka. (Back then, my membership was pending approval)

The sticker clearly says SP2. So didn't have to break my head over guessing which car.

The alloys look different from the ones I've seen on other spy pics. But what really caught my eyes was those Red Brake Callipers.

Attachment 1865907

Attachment 1865915
As seen in pic, it clearly mentions 215/60 R17. Maybe they will offering other alloys in higher spec as diamond cut alloys
Old 5th April 2019, 17:24   #88
Senior - BHPian

Could be the performance spec variant that ACI had spoken about a few months ago. Really hoping Kia to price the SP2i sensibly and not go the Creta way. Top-spec Creta crosses 20 lakh on road in some cities.
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 10:52   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post

Overpriced by 2 lakhs? I do not think so! Just look around at the Honda City, Innova or even the XUV300 etc. The current gap between the Creta and the Compact SUVs are in the range of 1 to 1.5 lakhs, depending on variants.
I just feel the base and mid variants of the Creta lack better features, but in general the market has gone up and Hyundai, like Toyota is making the most of a super selling Car! Not to be blamed though! Hyundai on the other hand is also extremely aggressive in offering discounts on moderately selling products like the Grand i10 and even the Verna. So its just a function of demand supply.

Anyway, the Kia SP would go up against the Harrier and will be better equipped, thats my guess.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 13:07   #90
BANNED

Most recently, the Kia SP2i has continued to be spotted in Delhi-NCR. As mentioned earlier, the SP2i will be launched with the price bracket at Rs.12 lakh to INR 16 lakh.
As per report from the Kia, the company has also confirmed to position its new CUV as well as the first product in its Indian portfolio from INR 10 lakh - INR 15 lakh (ex-showroom).

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiasp2ispyimagerearthreequarterscopyb787.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2019kiasp2itrailsteractiontrafficimage089b.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th April 2019 at 08:14. Reason: Strictly no soliciting the other website (as per PM).
IndianAutoEnthu is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks