Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2019, 09:27   #31
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid Silent Recall - Faulty Accelerator Pedal!

A dodgy manufacturer with dubious and unethical business practices. Like I have always maintained, they should be avoided at any cost and must not be even considered for your next purchase. No offence to the owners. Just my view and not intended to hurt anybody's feelings.

Last edited by arunramaswamy : 26th February 2019 at 09:35. Reason: Rephrasing the sentence
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 13:57   #32
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I am almost a year late to the party, but need some clarification:
1. Replaced my accelerator pedal last week. Should one pay for it if the car is out of warranty? Silly it may seem to ask, but the fault was in place since the beginning and Renault knew about it, right? P.S.: I paid ~590+taxes.
2. Power windows make consistent disturbing noise even on smooth roads. Been complaining about this since the beginning but they are unable to rectify. It's really annoying to have that sound in the background consistently, especially on long drives. Any suggestions on how to proceed with this?

Observation: FE has increased (Not drastically, but noticeably) since I got Accelerator pedal changed.
They performed ECU reprogramming 1.5 yrs ago, but never mentioned that it was faulty in the first place. They made me believe it was a regular update.
Old 18th March 2019, 15:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Well I think this accelerator pedal change must be free of cost. Its a major risk to be honest. There have been big lawsuits in other countries on some major brands due to this "unintended acceleration" issue.

A friend also faces the rattling issue in the windows, especially the front door. It feels like the glass would just crack if the car goes through a pothole.
Old 10th April 2019, 14:28   #34

Guess it's time to add mine to the list.

Got a Climber AMT last November and after the 'first service' the car started behaving miserable on areas like FE, acceleration, engine knocking on reverse and the creep function went out of whack. I sent it to the SC last week and they say that the "Clutch Motor' needs to be changed and they're actually trying and making me feel privileged - as they would do it for free.

Fast forward 4 days and no update and when i call them today - they say they've encountered a new problem and that is with a 'light always coming on' and they need to change the accelerator pedal. This reminded me of this thread which I had read in the past and now know that its even the latest models which suffer from it (Car was manufactured Sep 18).

Needless to say i have raised a complaint with Renault - My only fault was thinking that the Climber AMT would be a good followup to my Pulse.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th April 2019 at 14:59. Reason: Line spacing for better readability
Tedds is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 02:25   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Accelerator pedal issue had come up again in my Kwid, even after changing it. I got another A pedal during last service. The part number is different and it's cheaper too. No issues since last 500 kms, hope it stays this way.

Old Part: 180100984R (Rs.1155)
New Part: 180104150R (Rs.640)

The car climbs uphill much better now. I guess when A pedal had malfunction, it was not giving proper voltage input to ECU. Top speed is also up by good 15-20 kmph .
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 11:11   #36
BHPian

Oh well, here we are. Our 2018 MT KWID has joined the faulty list. This is the first issue that has cropped up within 2yrs and 7500+ kms of running, the car is strictly used within city limits and was serviced on time as per the schedule. This issue popped up twice recently after longish drives within the city. At first I was worried when I saw the orange malfunction light and tried restarting the car but it wouldn't go away. Thankfully there was no negative effect and I could drive back home safely without any issue.

When I did a quick check on google, I found this thread and the issue is a exact match except for any abnormal behavior. The light comes up when I am not accelerating and as soon as I start accelerating the light goes off but there isn't any other abnormal behavior that I noticed. Today we have given our vehicle for its 3rd free service and I have mentioned the issue to SA and referred to this known issue/recall and he assured that everything will be taken care of, hopefully the issue doesn't reappear since the vehicle is now out of warranty and I do not have much hopes on Renault and it's service network.
Old 19th January 2021, 22:32   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Oh well, here we are. Our 2018 MT KWID has joined the faulty list. This is the first issue that has cropped up within 2yrs and 7500+ kms of running, the car is strictly used within city limits and was serviced on time as per the schedule. This issue popped up twice recently after longish drives within the city. At first I was worried when I saw the orange malfunction light and tried restarting the car but it wouldn't go away. Thankfully there was no negative effect and I could drive back home safely without any issue.
Our Kwid AMT ran into accelerator pedal issue couple of years back. The car would just stop midway. The only way out was to turn the car "off" using the key (it is already stopped) and then start the car. Took me couple of trips to the Renault service center to get it fixed. Fortunately, the car was still in warranty. Good news is that the issue has not recurred in 2 years.
thetank is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed