Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2007, 14:33   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Did that NDTV chap land up in Turkey? The last episode I saw, he was reviewing an Audi A4 in Italy. It looked suspiciously like somebody had parked their A4 on the road and our NDTV boyz just grabbed the opportunity before that person came back !!
I think NDTV was reviewing Audi A5 in Italy & not A4. Do not know if they also showed A4 too..The new A5 coupe is to be launched in Europe soon..
Old 20th May 2007, 16:23   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Should fiat launch the punto first or the linea in india, my thought's are that the linea should come first.

Will the punto not be sold in the swift category.Linea will help punto garner interest as a premium segment hatchback.
I agree. Linea should be launched first. Otherwise it will appear that Fiat just added a boot to Punto (which it did ); this may put off the average indian car buyer. Something like what happened to Indigo & Siena/Petra.
Old 20th May 2007, 18:45   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
I agree. Linea should be launched first. Otherwise it will appear that Fiat just added a boot to Punto (which it did ); this may put off the average indian car buyer. Something like what happened to Indigo & Siena/Petra.
Actually they did launch siena first, then its modified version which had a similar nose with palio. Then they re-christened as petra. Had they only launched revised siena/petra then it could have been a success like ford fusion. Let us hope that they wont repeat mistakes.
Old 21st May 2007, 00:10   #124
BHPian

I was surprised with one statement from one tata-fiat dealer in Kolkata that tata tied with fiat for their petrol cars only and they are not selling/ servicing diesel fiat cars...... Please confirm?
Old 21st May 2007, 10:52   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
I was surprised with one statement from one tata-fiat dealer in Kolkata that tata tied with fiat for their petrol cars only and they are not selling/ servicing diesel fiat cars...... Please confirm?
yup, i hrd the same frm the sales person at manipal motors in bangalore.
Old 21st May 2007, 10:53   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
tata tied with fiat for their petrol cars only and they are not selling/ servicing diesel fiat cars.
At present fiat does not have a single diesel engine in its india line-up, so nobody will know about that bit till a few diesel models are launched.

The tata -fiat alliance is such that tata will market and service only select Fiat models[cars][atleast this is the only bit of information available in public domain],so guess it is dealer discretion on what the select means.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 21st May 2007 at 10:56.
Old 21st May 2007, 11:23   #127
Team-BHP Support

The Joint venture does not mention petrol or diesel.
All it meant was that Tata will ride Fiat piggyback into Europe, and Fiat will ride Tata into India.
Don't know how is Tata doing in Europe, but looks like Fiat isn't doing too well here.
Old 21st May 2007, 19:54   #128
BHPian

Tata is not selling FIAT diesels afaik.
Old 21st May 2007, 19:57   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
Tata is not selling FIAT diesels afaik.
Mark, that agreement was for Palio D and Petra D!
Tata will be selling Punto 1.3 Multijet and Linea D when it is launched next year (2008).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks