Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2020, 17:43   #301
BHPian

Re: Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs

I am not optimistic about Honda and Toyota stepping up their game and bringing in more International models. At most, Toyota would spruce up the Crysta a little more and sell it at Carnival prices.

I am thinking of something else. The Sedona starts at $27500 in the US and the Telluride starts at $32000. Not much of a difference if you see. Will they bring it in at a starting price of, say 35L INR ? That would be a great alternative to Toyota Fortuner.

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 9th February 2020 at 17:44.
DieselAddikt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 00:44   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Don't quite buy that argument. Toyota always had multiple large diesel engines that they could have plonked on to the Sienna.
With respect to Toyota, do note that Sienna is a front transverse-engined, Front/All wheel drive monocoque vehicle. Toyota doesn't have (any more) large diesels (akin to the 2.2L from Kia) that can be plonked into such a vehicle layout.

2.4 /2.8L that is on Innova, Fortuner/Hilux, Prado are all designed for longitudinal applications (primary RWD and optional 4WD with a transfercase), and the only set that have EU6/BS6 variants.
avinash_clt is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 10:04   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Will they bring it in at a starting price of, say 35L INR ? That would be a great alternative to Toyota Fortuner.
As far as I know, Hyundai group hasn't developed right hand drive (RHD) versions of either Telluride or Palisade yet,so it will probably take them a couple of years at least to get the cars ready and then launch them.
ADI7YAK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 11:48   #304
BHPian

Saw the Carnival in person at the dealership yesterday, few observations:

1. The boot is huge even after putting up the 3rd row of seats, can easily fit in multiple medium sized suitcases upright. The pics don't do justice, you have to see it in person.
2. 3rd row seating is much better in lower variants, offering a lot of legroom for all three rows. Under-thigh support in the 3rd row was decent for me(I'm 5'8), kids would not find it a problem at all, adults should be ok for 4-5 hour drives.
3. The limousine variant is effectively a 4 seater! If you push your 2nd row seats all the way back to accommodate the leg support, it does not leave any legroom for 3rd row. Even children will not fit!
4. You have to climb up into the seats, thus for the elderly you might need to add side steps for easier entry/exit.
5. I didn't like the alloy wheels in the limousine variant, the full chrome seems too blingy.
6. Even the mid variant called Prestige leaves a lot to be desired in terms of interiors/features. In Delhi, the 7seater config is ~35L on road, but at this price you would expect the following:
a. leather upholstery (Seats, steering wheel, gear knob etc)
b. Auto Anti-glare
c. TPMS
d. Smart air purifier
e. Navigation, though you still get Android Auto/Carplay
DuHasstMich is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 14:55   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
Just got call from Kia, on confirming our delivery date for this month only. We confirmed same, including model i.e Limo and color i.e Silver.
====
The extra 1ft of Carnival, is really to my family advantage in terms the difference it is making interior sitting space and boot.
----------
Hey, you said you already got a call about delivery this month, when did you book? I assume on day 1?
Old 11th February 2020, 16:23   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvian View Post
----------
Hey, you said you already got a call about delivery this month, when did you book? I assume on day 1?
i booked on 18th Jan, even before official booking started i.e on 21st. Based on my booking number, looks like i am 200th in the queue.
Old 11th February 2020, 21:03   #307
BHPian

Quote:
i booked on 18th Jan, even before official booking started i.e on 21st. Based on my booking number, looks like i am 200th in the queue.
Have you gotten a chance to TD one, now that Carnival is officially unveiled and KIA is dispatching them to dealers?
Old 11th February 2020, 21:16   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving80kph View Post
Have you gotten a chance to TD one, now that Carnival is officially unveiled and KIA is dispatching them to dealers?
No TD done yet, have seen in person when the car was inside the showroom and then was invited for TD last weekend which i couldn't make due to my kids exam. Will try for sure this weekend.
abhi1881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 11:09   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

I am very keen to see people trying to park this thing on our roads. There is no doubt that it is a very competent car although the pricing is not going to help it once the initial hype settles down. Parking is at a premium in most of our cities and parking an Innova used to be a bit of a hassle in terms of finding a proper spot where the car would fit. This is so much bigger than that. I do feel that such a huge car might not be right for the Indian market apart from few specific instances like the Hotel industry.
drmohitg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 20:52   #310
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I am very keen to see people trying to park this thing on our roads. There is no doubt that it is a very competent car although the pricing is not going to help it once the initial hype settles down. Parking is at a premium in most of our cities and parking an Innova used to be a bit of a hassle in terms of finding a proper spot where the car would fit. This is so much bigger than that. I do feel that such a huge car might not be right for the Indian market apart from few specific instances like the Hotel industry.
are you talking about length or width ?

length (mm) :
KIA carnival = 5115
to put this in perspective,
old innova = 4585
innova crysta = 4735
skoda octavia = 4689
facelift linea = 4596
(the bottom two are longer than old innova, yet no complaints of difficulty to park them on account of their length, atleast on the forum)

width (mm) :
KIA carnival = 1985
to put this in perspective,
old innova = 1760
innova crysta = 1830
renault duster = 1822
tata harrier = 1894
tata hexa = 1903
(the bottom three are wider than old innova, no complaints of difficulty to park them on account of their width, atleast on the forum)

So this perception of great parking difficulty, although not unfounded, is exaggerated a lot. Yes, it's one of the widest and longest vehicles sold below 40 lacs, and people need to get used to the size, but its not as much a leviathan as it is exaggerated to be. People driving will surely get used to the size, because it is ~150mm (that's as tall as your fist when you do a thumbs up) wider than the crysta ; and ~380mm (shorter than a typical newborn child) longer than the crysta.
All doubts about it being impossible to find parking space, is exaggerated, I feel.

Last edited by venkyhere : 12th February 2020 at 20:56.
venkyhere is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 21:30   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
....Parking is at a premium in most of our cities and parking an Innova used to be a bit of a hassle in terms of finding a proper spot where the car would fit. This is so much bigger than that. I do feel that such a huge car might not be right for the Indian market apart from few specific instances like the Hotel industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
are you talking about length or width ?
All doubts about it being impossible to find parking space, is exaggerated, I feel.
Having owned the Hexa (primary usage for highways) for a month now, there's already random discussions at home to get our hands on a used small hatch for local use. The Hexa is bigger than the Crysta, with pathetic turning radius and I can only imagine how much more difficult it would be to find a parking space for the Carnival. Hope the Carnival has a decent turning radius. Parking it may not be an issue, although finding the space would be, considering the length.

I doubt it'll eat up much of Crysta's volumes from the personal use market, for the above reason. Hotels, tourist and company use? Yes
TROOPER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 22:53   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
So this perception of great parking difficulty, although not unfounded, is exaggerated a lot. Yes, it's one of the widest and longest vehicles sold below 40 lacs, and people need to get used to the size, but its not as much a leviathan as it is exaggerated to be. People driving will surely get used to the size, because it is ~150mm (that's as tall as your fist when you do a thumbs up) wider than the crysta ; and ~380mm (shorter than a typical newborn child) longer than the crysta.
With those dimensions it's definitely not a go everywhere vehicle. You'll will find it difficult to pilot, park and take U turns than most other cars on the road, unless you've been driving around a Tempo Traveller!
Durango Dude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 12:30   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across this amazing white one on the BLR airport road. Imposing and rode beautifully alongside with a flat supple ride.

Was fully loaded with an OEM roofbox and interior curtains.

Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs-1.jpg

Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs-2.jpg

Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs-3.jpg

Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs-4.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 17th February 2020 at 16:14. Reason: Adding watermarks
itwasntme is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 18:39   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Finally did the test drive today of limo model, for about 1 hr, in a bumper to bumper traffic, flyover run, u turns, bumps etc. And my decision of buying this car is now "Rock Solid".

As GTO said, this is the car I can really "feel connected" to. Always thought there could be never a car in my budget that could replace my 2010 innova, for its sheer space, size and practicality, tough parting away, however Kia Carnival is the answer with that very well deserved "next level". I was feeling at home within 5 mins of driving, and the size was not bothering me even a 1 percent, in fact was more smooth, controlled, stable and predictable.

THANKS a TON to Teambhp once again for making my car buying decision easy and simple. Deliveries have started, could see 6-7 waiting Kia carnivals in the showroom.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th February 2020 at 20:02. Reason: Grammar. Spacing.
abhi1881 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 20:18   #315
BHPian

The Carnival seems to be finding a place in a lot of Kannada celebrity garages. Last week it was Kiccha Sudeep and this week it's Puneeth Rajkumar.

I'm guessing they were home delivered!

Source: My SA's Whatsapp statuses.

Kia Grand Carnival MPV coming in 2020. Edit: Launched @ 24.95 lakhs-imarkup_20200215_2002372.jpg
dksv is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks