Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2018, 15:07   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: The cleverest & most innovative features you've seen in mainstream cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
For me it’s the “Voice Amplifcation” system on certain bigger Mercedes cars such as the S-Class, Maybach and V-Class.

That’s when I was confused and figured what was actually causing this. SIMPLY brilliant MB!
Not just the"big" cars. I discovered it in the Kodiaq and what a nice feature it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
3) It has this voice enhancement feature where the voice of the front passengers is transmitted to the rear passengers through all the speakers. No need to speak up to get your point across.
I have come across it in the Polo manual as well. Probably some variants of it have this same feature.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 03:24   #152
BHPian

This is not a feature unique to my car and could be well known to most people here. I'm talking about the small arrow in your car's fuel dial that points to the side the tank lid is. Until recently I had no idea about this ubiquitous little arrow and it makes me feel stupid about all those instances when I walked around the car to check.
IndieGooner is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 08:21   #153
Senior - BHPian

After a year and a half of using my i20 I found that the headlamps automatically go back to dipped beam mode when I turn them off. Sometimes we use high beam and forget to dip them when we park and end up blinding users the next day; not so with the i20. I thought that was cool although it took me so long to notice it!
swiftdiesel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 10:27   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Another one for Hyundai, the Verna's power windows and mirror fold works even after the key is removed.

The battery saver feature was there in my 07 verna as well, I found it to be a nuisance at that time because I like using the parking lights when I'm parked somewhere at night and Verna needs you to switch on the headlamps and then take the key off which once you lock the vehicle leaves just the parking light on!!

The music system in Hyundai vehicles work only for 1 hour post engine shut down, it shows a warning.

One more I could think of was the stereo volume lowers as you engage reverse.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 23:36   #155
BHPian

Adding couple of more from the Jetta MK6.
  • It shows low washer fluid warning on MID. A highway trip during monsoon without washer fluid can be dangerous. The feature makes sure that one doesn't find oneself in the situation.
  • In case either of the tail light stops functioning, it shows a warning in MID. Again, really helpful in preventing dangerous situation of driving the car on highway during night with one or both taillights not working.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 12:35   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Another one for Hyundai, the Verna's power windows and mirror fold works even after the key is removed.

The battery saver feature was there in my 07 verna as well, I found it to be a nuisance at that time because I like using the parking lights when I'm parked somewhere at night and Verna needs you to switch on the headlamps and then take the key off which once you lock the vehicle leaves just the parking light on!!

The music system in Hyundai vehicles work only for 1 hour post engine shut down, it shows a warning.

One more I could think of was the stereo volume lowers as you engage reverse.
Most of these features are also available in my Ford Aspire Titanium trim.

* Headlights always switch on with low beam. Regardless of previous settings.
* There is a long loud continual beep when you open the driver side door but forget to turn of the headlights (even the parking lights). This is only when engine isn't running.
* Cabin light will automatically switch off after some time (i am not sure about the exact time frame) if you happen to leave it on with manual mode
* Music system will switch off itself as soon as you open the driver side door while the key is removed from the ignition socket.
* You can operate all 4 power windows and power fold the mirrors even when the key is removed from the ignition socket unless you end up opening the driver side door. This feature is really handy for me. I end up using this every night while parking.
* The parking lights (along with tail light) switch on when any door is opened. Very useful at dark places.
* Double press the lock key in the remote and the car will sound its horn once. Find me feature. Really useful in those mall or airport parking maze.
* Tap the indicator stalk once, blinkers will blink for three or four times. Useful for those highway lane changes.
* Music system wont switch off with initiation cut key turn. Helps in traffic when you are on a Bluetooth call. But it actually ruins the whole point since the music system stops if you crank the engine again.

There may be more features with Aspire but I haven't used them all yet.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 19:31   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

This one is for the cheapest car around Nano GenX.

1. If the doors are ajar and you hit the remote lock button, it honks once. (else it makes no sound when you lock)
2. If the Handbrake is engaged and you move the vehicle, it beeps.
3. There are beeps for Low fuel, over heating etc, useful since most people do not pay much attention to these gauges anymore, temp gauge is also becoming a luxury feature these days.
Kosfactor is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 19:38   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
This one is for the cheapest car around Nano GenX.

1. If the doors are ajar and you hit the remote lock button, it honks once. (else it makes no sound when you lock)
2. If the Handbrake is engaged and you move the vehicle, it beeps.
3. There are beeps for Low fuel, over heating etc, useful since most people do not pay much attention to these gauges anymore, temp gauge is also becoming a luxury feature these days.
I find all these 3 features really important. Specially the hand brake reminder.

Government should make audible alarm mandatory for issues like point number 3. Its far more useful and safe compare to beeping after 80 kmph.
NaXal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 12:58   #159
BHPian

The Figo keeps surprising us.
Yesterday while on a long drive on the highway, I noticed that the low fuel warning lamp came up when there was about 120km left as per the DTE display.
But I clearly remember the low-fuel indicator only comes up when there is about 60km left as per DTE.
Then I remembered I've seen that in the city only. And it got me thinking.
Is the low-fuel warning smart in considering the current driving scenario? If you are driving on the highway (maybe by measuring the avg speed over a time), it gives a low-fuel warning much earlier than it normally would when driven in the city?

Long back I remember seeing the same behaviour but the other way around. I was driving in the city and knew that the warning comes around 120kms so was expecting the warning to come up. But it only showed up around 70kms.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited by arijitkanrar : 9th November 2018 at 13:01. Reason: More info and better semantics
arijitkanrar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 11:26   #160
BHPian

DTE is calculated based on the current/instantaneous FE and the fuel level and the low fuel warning lamp comes when fuel reaches a particular level. So depending on driving conditions/styles, the DTE would vary when the low fuel warning comes up. Hasn't this always been the case?
Vysakh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 11:59   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know if it is already mentioned, but going through the Skoda Kodiaq review and the car has a few extremely interesting features such as:

1. Foldable side neck restraints integrated into the rear seat head rests.
2. Rubber protective beading around the doors which pop out when you open the door - prevents against scratching your door while opening.
3. Small detachable torch light with a magnet attached to it.

The first one out of these was the one that most intrigued me. Extremely well thought of feature. Does any other car including Volvo offer this?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 12:19   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
DTE is calculated based on the current/instantaneous FE and the fuel level and the low fuel warning lamp comes when fuel reaches a particular level. So depending on driving conditions/styles, the DTE would vary when the low fuel warning comes up. Hasn't this always been the case?
This makes sense.
I always used to think that the low fuel warning comes up when a certain no of kilometers are left as per the DTE calculation.
Old 13th November 2018, 14:32   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I don't know if it is already mentioned, but going through the Skoda Kodiaq review and the car has a few extremely interesting features...
I loved it when I TD'd the car.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4432300 (The cleverest & most innovative features you've seen in mainstream cars)

All these are cheap to include if they are part of the design. Wonder why more manufacturers don't get "inspired" by such innovations.
Old 13th November 2018, 15:28   #164
Senior - BHPian

Kind of coming late to the party, but thought of posting an entire thread dedicated to Vento's useful features and quirks.
Apologies, if this has been done already.

Set of 36 page dedications by some like-minded BHPians

(including yours truly )
Old 26th December 2018, 08:53   #165
BHPian

This one's new, I guess. I've seen it for the first time on the LR. 'See through' bonnet achieved by integrating views from camera tech available on the car.

Could be a quite useful for tight urban spaces as well as tricky off the road situations.

Thinking about it, its relatively easy to implement too.!
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks