BHPian

Re: The cleverest & most innovative features you've seen in mainstream cars

Underseat shopping bucket in Wagon R
drsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 22:10   #182
BHPian

Just noticed this in our Figo.

I know that the music keeps playing even after the engine is switched off till a door is opened. Today I noticed that opening the boot does not switch the music off. I find that to be a very thoughtful touch.
This is helpful at malls when the security asks you to open the boot to check. But I guess this is rendered moot my the fact that the music stops anyway when you start the engine again!
Old 20th November 2019, 23:27   #183
BHPian

Centralised common tunnel in the Tata Tiago: This is a feature that is highly useful, especially when you’re setting up messy USB/AUX/Charger cables. It allows you to access the other side of the footwell i.e., driver footwell to passenger footwell and vice-versa directly, without getting those wires over the gear lever area. All you have to do is grab the slits and pull outward. The whole black part comes out (possible to do so on both sides).

The cleverest & most innovative features you've seen in mainstream cars-575c906f2e1342818763d430bd1bf698.jpeg
TheHelix0202 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 04:36   #184
Senior - BHPian

Augmented Reality in Navigation.

Drove a Merc A Class with MBUX and was pleasantly surprised seeing the AR Feature in Navigation. very clever and useful stuff. It's full potential is yet to be realized.

Old 22nd November 2019, 19:03   #185
BHPian

Fantastic thread!

Here is a small but yet another step towards safety in my Jeep Compass

JC has electronic parking brake, it engages when the vehicle is put on P (Park) on my DCT variant. Now there are two ways it disengages:
1. Manually - push the button down when you want to move
2. Keep your seat belts on and Jeep Compass will automatically do it for you when you change gear lever from P (Park) to D (Drive)

Another tiny reason to put your seat-belt on!
shishir333 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 13:13   #186

Nice thread. Rating 5 stars.

My 2c to this thread:

Tata indigo:
1. Driver's side door opens from inside even if all the doors are locked. Super useful to open the door without unlocking all the other doors.
2. Door locks are linked to the handbrake. So, as soon as I pull the handbrake, all the doors unlock and lock back when the handbrake goes down.

Skoda Rapid:
All the features are mentioned by many others regarding VAG cars, but the feature I really admire in the Rapid is that the DRL goes off on the side where the turn indicator is turned on. Super safety feature to let others know the turn indicator is on. I feel all manufacturers should atleast turn off the high beams when turn indicators are put on that side.
dg2332 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 21:41   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
-Auto Footwell lights: Bright glow with door open/Ignition off, reduces to user selectable dimmed lighting once the door is closed and Ignition is turned on.

-Wiper Fluid low warning

-Brake pad replacement alert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I have a 2015 facelift Highline and I don't think it has this feature. I do not remember seeing anything about being able to adjust the footwell lights to any user-defined parameter at all!
I did not know this existed at all, have never seen it. I was asked to replace my pads during service by the SA, but the car never told me anything. So, again, I am not sure whether the facelift does not have this feature, or if the SA pre-empted the message and decided that the pads needed to be replaced before their time.

Hey, could you guys pls provide the part number for the plug and play footwell lights?

Also, any idea about where exactly the wiper fluid sensor is located? My sensor has gone kaput and I've a replacement sensor. Couldn't locate it from either the wheel arch or behind the fog lamp.

Also, the brake pad warning light is activated by default? Or do we have to do anything?

Thanks and regards
Sarfraz Khan

Last edited by Aditya : 24th May 2020 at 06:40. Reason: Editing quoted text
Old 24th May 2020, 06:36   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHerring View Post

I remember the old Blueline buses in Delhi in the 90s. If you were sitting at the front next to the driver, many of them had a small window near your feet. And more often than not, the window would be missing the glass pane. And it did make a big difference in the delhi summers

Could find one Haryana roadways bus on google!
I think more than ventilation those glass windows served in blind spot reduction for the driver. He will have the wing mirrors to check along the length of the bus but won't be able to see someone or a biker or for that matter any obstruction on the side of the front left tyre. This window can help them see it.
Old 24th May 2020, 12:25   #189
BHPian

Most of you guys covered all important details, here is one small thing i've observed in duster and i felt its very thoughtful.

So, most of the cars has hard and black plastic piece on one end of bonnet where wipers will rest. Initially it looks good but over time, this black hard plastic will turn into dusty, grey colored(coz of weather or hard water) and doesnt age well. We can always polish this piece but its not always same.

But duster has metal painted plate at this place and its easy to clean, ages well along with rest of car body paint. This also helps while cleaning the car.
Attached Thumbnails
The cleverest & most innovative features you've seen in mainstream cars-duster_wipers.png  

Old 1st June 2020, 12:16   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
Hey, could you guys pls provide the part number for the plug and play footwell lights?

Also, any idea about where exactly the wiper fluid sensor is located? My sensor has gone kaput and I've a replacement sensor. Couldn't locate it from either the wheel arch or behind the fog lamp.

Also, the brake pad warning light is activated by default? Or do we have to do anything?

Thanks and regards
Sarfraz Khan
Hi Sarfraz,

It was ordered 2 years ago via AliExpress. The link no longer works and also anyways with the current world and bilateral situation, I do not think we should be ordering from there. You can get the part from the local VW dealer as it comes in Passat.

Not sure about accessing the water reservoir either. Maybe Gannu's thread can help.

Brake pad warning is active by default. It will warn you whenever the pads are worn out.

Regards
Vinay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks