Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2020, 18:09   #46
BHPian

Re: "Fuel Type" Sticker made mandatory by the Supreme Court

Early this year - I had updated normal number plates of my 2011 Zen Estilo to HSRP. That time they had affixed a yellow sticker to my car's windshield - with all the details like registration, engine and chassis number. As my car is petrol they have to affix a light blue sticker instead they pasted a light yellow one. . That time - even I was not aware of this colour coded sticker rule. But the bigger blunder was done by the agency Link Utsav.

"Fuel Type" Sticker made mandatory by the Supreme Court-estilo.jpg
kthrottle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 14:20   #47
BHPian

While the move is a good one to keep some compliance checks easier, the arbitrary implementation by different states is leading to chaos. NCR is a prime example. More than 50% of the vehicles entering into NCR on a daily basis is from HR or UP. And the RTO here does not issue any such colour coded stickers. Now all these vehicles are potential black economy - bribe - candidates. And stickers are not available separately, which is again a botched implementation for existing vehicles which already have HSRP installed. And both HR and UP are governed by Central govt party and Delhi Police is again with Central Govt. Hope some sense prevails.
Old 14th February 2021, 17:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I am unable to order fuel type sticker online for my 7 year old car as the HSRP website is unable to validate the laser codes entered by me against my vehicle number. It seems like the authorities haven't updated this data in their system as the concept of HSRP was very new and unorganized back in the day.

"Fuel Type" Sticker made mandatory by the Supreme Court-screenshot_202102081717061.png

Has anyone else here faced a similar problem?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks