Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2019, 04:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta: A few minor changes being released on 11th Jan, 2019

I cannot believe the clowns at Hyundai Motors didn't include ventilated seats on the top of the line diesel automatic.

To penalize their customers in such a way is unforgivable, and a clear sign that they are destined to fail.
Screwdriva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 06:42   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
I cannot believe the clowns at Hyundai Motors didn't include ventilated seats on the top of the line diesel automatic.

To penalize their customers in such a way is unforgivable, and a clear sign that they are destined to fail.
There are many flaws which can take down a brand, a car and make it a market failure. But trust me, lack of ventilated or heated seats is not that, esp for a slightly lifted larger hatchback with suv stickers
tsk1979 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 08:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

I think Hyundai is feeling the heat with competition now trying to catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just a mindset from the Padmini, Ambassador & Sumo / Armada days where diesels would require more frequent oil changes & required more frequent engine rebuilds.
Reminds me of how American customers have an aversion to 'stinky' diesels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayB View Post
So, is CVT not good for SUVs especially Diesel ones?
CVT is generally not designed to handle high torque. As diesels produce high torque at low RPMs, CVTs can't be mated to diesel engines easily.

The Amaze diesel AT is detuned for the same reason.
landcruiser123 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 08:40   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayB View Post
Any suggestions regarding feature differences.
From your list, I would definitely miss the rear wiper. I miss this on our i10. I wouldn't mind missing the rest. And in case you still feel those missing features can bother you, you can get most of these done outside (even though I would prefer factory fitment).
Old 14th January 2019, 08:41   #35
BHPian

Has anyone been able to click pictures of the interior of the Executive Edition? I have a then top of the line, SX (O) diesel and wanted to see if it would be possible to fit them �� Also, the broucher mentions LED Tail lights, I'm wondering whether it would be possible to fit them at the dealer level as well on my 3 month old Creta?
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 09:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
There are many flaws which can take down a brand, a car and make it a market failure. But trust me, lack of ventilated or heated seats is not that, esp for a slightly lifted larger hatchback with suv stickers
The new baby Creta is expected to come on i10/xcent platform. Is the current Creta too based on a similar platform? Why do you call it larger hatchback?
Old 14th January 2019, 11:55   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I dont think even the tucson has them!
Old 14th January 2019, 18:55   #38
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 15th January 2019 at 07:11.
BayB is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th January 2019, 20:17   #39
BHPian

Quote:

I have to decide between creta automatic or ecosport automatic. To be honest features like ventilated seats or even sunroof are not really deal breaker. What's even more appalling is the fact that Creta automatic does not get six airbags, traction control and ESP.

All these are present in automatic variants of Ecosport Verna, Elantra and Tuscon

Isofix is only available on automatic variant of creta and top variant gets gimmicky features like wireless charging and wristband.

Last edited by born_free : 14th January 2019 at 20:19.
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 13:11   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
I have to decide between creta automatic or ecosport automatic. To be honest features like ventilated seats or even sunroof are not really deal breaker. What's even more appalling is the fact that Creta automatic does not get six airbags, traction control and ESP.

All these are present in automatic variants of Ecosport Verna, Elantra and Tuscon

Isofix is only available on automatic variant of creta and top variant gets gimmicky features like wireless charging and wristband.
You are right - for a car without any other active safety features other than Airbags and ABS - why is this double the price of i20 when it is having almost same features as i20? To me ESP/Traction Control is equally an important safety feature along with the other two, as I will be using the car for long drives also. Without that, I don't see any difference between, say, an i20 Asta(O) and this one, except for ground clearance and of course a spoon or two of engine power.

And that is the reason, I bought EcoSport Titanium+ AT variant. If you can forgive it for the rear seat space, it can take the bragging rights of "SUV" from Creta for sure.

Last edited by gopalnt : 31st January 2019 at 13:13. Reason: missed to add a line
gopalnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 14:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
You are right - for a car without any other active safety features other than Airbags and ABS - why is this double the price of i20 when it is having almost same features as i20?
And that is the reason, I bought EcoSport Titanium+ AT variant. If you can forgive it for the rear seat space, it can take the bragging rights of "SUV" from Creta for sure.

Without meaning any offence to anyone, I think the Creta gets the gold medal for being the most 'pseudo' of all the supposedly 'pseudo' SUVs. A blown up i20!
Old 31st January 2019, 14:03   #42
BHPian

Has anyone seen the refreshed creta? i am really interested in seeing the new led tail lights and can they be installed in an older creta?
Old 2nd February 2019, 00:36   #43
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Here is a walk-around of the new Creta SX(O) petrol with LED taillights.

AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 09:54   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Here is a walk-around of the new Creta SX(O) petrol with LED taillights.
Thanks a ton buddy. Those Tail Lamps look awesome. Will inquire from the dealer if it's just a bolt on job or wires need to be changed.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd February 2019 at 15:27. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 11:20   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Thanks a ton buddy. Those Tail Lamps look awesome. Will inquire from the dealer if it's just a bolt on job or wires need to be changed.
It is bolt on.

It is the costs that are frightening to me. When it was available on AliExpress, it was priced at ₹45,000 for the set. So I expect it to be in the similar range if purchased through Hyundai.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th February 2019 at 18:44. Reason: Typo.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks