Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2019, 17:30   #31
BANNED

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 1.9L 4x4 AT spied. EDIT : Now Launched at Rs. 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
This is increasingly looking like a real scenario to me now. Even N.Raja of Toyota had mentioned the same price hike for the Innova and the Fortuner. So I don't think it is just a ploy by the manufacturers to get the customers to buy the BS4 cars.
To me, from the beginning, it appeared as a collective approach/ploy by all the manufacturers to make people believe that it is real by saying it multiple times. There might be an increase, but such a substantial increase is hard to believe, I think they are seeding thoughts into consumer minds beforehand.

Last edited by wheelguy : 19th November 2019 at 17:31.
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 17:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 1.9L 4x4 AT spied. EDIT : Now Launched at Rs. 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
To me, from the beginning, it appeared as a collective approach/ploy by all the manufacturers to make people believe that it is real by saying it multiple times. There might be an increase, but such a substantial increase is hard to believe, I think they are seeding thoughts into consumer minds beforehand.
Agreed. But other manufacturers are not quoting such absurd increase in prices so thats why I was thinking what special technology is Toyota and now Isuzu is going to use which is making their cars costlier by 4-5 lakh rupees?

And when a senior person like N.Raja goes on record saying this, it doesn't bode well for Toyota if his estimates turn out to be well off the mark eventually.
ram87pune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 15:10   #33
BHPian

I am passively looking to change my 2015 Honda City VX CVT & a change in segments is very much on the cards. We plan to cover a lot more in the hills/unexplored destinations, including Overlanding, so a proper SUV is a must (not Pseudo- SUVs). The form factor of V-Cross is very attractive to me. Can the owners of V-cross recommend if just this truck in my garage would be okay to keep? Is the size too much of a hassle in Mall parking or local city drives?

Also, if not the V-Cross truck, any-other competent SUV you all might think of? I cant stretch beyond 18-20 Lakhs & automatic is a must. Thought of Hexa but not sure if Tatas are going to continue with this vehicle.

Last edited by Sheel : 10th May 2020 at 15:20.
Lazy Driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 13:59   #34

I have the Dmax VCross 1.9 Auto. It's getting close to 10 months now. I live in Hyderabad. And driving in the city is not a problem at all. Quite enjoyable actually. I do take my car if I am unsure if I could find a parking spot. Especially true if I am going to the older parts of town.

The automatic is very good. And it's been the perfect vehicle for me to drive to rural/less-paved areas. It's best to make sure your garage/parking has sufficient space for smooth ingress and egress.

Haven't had any issue parking at Malls and shopping complexes. All the good ones in Hyd have good parking facilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Driver View Post
I am passively looking to change my 2015 Honda City VX CVT & a change in segments is very much on the cards. We plan to cover a lot more in the hills/unexplored destinations, including Overlanding, so a proper SUV is a must (not Pseudo- SUVs). The form factor of V-Cross is very attractive to me. Can the owners of V-cross recommend if just this truck in my garage would be okay to keep? Is the size too much of a hassle in Mall parking or local city drives?

Also, if not the V-Cross truck, any-other competent SUV you all might think of? I cant stretch beyond 18-20 Lakhs & automatic is a must. Thought of Hexa but not sure if Tatas are going to continue with this vehicle.
RedShiftEuropa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 23:27   #35
BHPian

I am not sure if this kind of vehicle is best for the hills, experts may chip in. Everyone and their uncles drive an Alto or an Alto-like vehicle in narrow, winding roads. Light weight vehicles go far in hills and they go where other vehicles can’t because you have a wall on one side and a valley on the other, in a narrow band of road. Torque is over-rated as far as hills are concerned, surprising but true.

Quote:

nandadevieast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 08:11   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandadevieast View Post
I am not sure if this kind of vehicle is best for the hills, experts may chip in. Everyone and their uncles drive an Alto or an Alto-like vehicle in narrow, winding roads. Light weight vehicles go far in hills and they go where other vehicles can’t because you have a wall on one side and a valley on the other, in a narrow band of road. Torque is over-rated as far as hills are concerned, surprising but true.
Quite the opposite actually. A vehicle with a wide and low rpm torque band will perform well on ghats. A car like the alto with a peak torque at 6000rpm requires generous clutch slip to move and will be restricted to first and second gears on steep sections. Not good for the driver and not good for the engine. Lot of people use the alto because it's cheap more than anything else.
The V cross is too long (near 5 meters) on the hills and on winding sections or narrow roads one may back up a lot. Also it's too bouncy without a load in the rear bed. When I had my Hexa Xta I easily overtook a struggling Vcross on the Ooty hairpins just because the Vcross was struggling being a manual and had a narrow torque band.
AirbusCapt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 10:37   #37
BHPian

Quote:

If you are fine with waiting for sometime, I think it will be worth waiting for the 5 door Thar. It will most probably come with an AT and I feel will be the best for your requirements. The V cross is just too big and most of the space in the bed will not be utilised
sodapop is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 13:13   #38
S15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
When I had my Hexa Xta I easily overtook a struggling Vcross on the Ooty hairpins just because the Vcross was struggling being a manual and had a narrow torque band.
Or maybe, just maybe, the V-Cross owner was enjoying and trying to take in the view.
I once overtook a E350D on the highway while driving my K10 which surely does not mean the E-class was struggling
S15 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 13:03   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post
Or maybe, just maybe, the V-Cross owner was enjoying and trying to take in the view.
I once overtook a E350D on the highway while driving my K10 which surely does not mean the E-class was struggling
Silly analogy, the Hexa will outperform the Vcross everwhere except in offroading.
AirbusCapt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 22:49   #40
Team-BHP Support

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...aled-24452.htm

I know its way too optimistic to hope but I wish the 3.0 190 bhp engine could find its way into India. On which note, I really wonder when they will launch the latest iteration of the V Cross in India. High time they brought it here.
Old 26th January 2021, 18:52   #41
Team-BHP Support

Is there any update on the 2020 (2021) v cross launch?

Late last year there were rumblings it would launch in January 2021.

Any inside dope on this perhaps from anyone?

Thank you.
Old 4th March 2021, 15:53   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Is there any update on the 2020 (2021) v cross launch?

Late last year there were rumblings it would launch in January 2021.

Any inside dope on this perhaps from anyone?

Thank you.

Showroom guys in Bangalore say, its going to be in April. From what I know, its going to be 1.9litre engine for both manual and automatic with improved performance. We will have to wait and watch.
chethan.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 17:06   #43
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

April 2021 apparently however the same generation is going to continue in India in BS6 guise. The facelift is still some time away.
//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 17:37   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
From what I know, its going to be 1.9litre engine for both manual and automatic with improved performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
April 2021 apparently however the same generation is going to continue in India in BS6 guise. The facelift is still some time away.
Thanks guys.

Wow. That's massively lethargic from Isuzu. I'd be mighty pissed if I was an Isuzu dealer now. An entire year and virtually nothing to sell.
Axe77 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 10:41   #45
BHPian

The cost involved in developing BS6 compliant engine in India would be way higher than the profits Isuzu would have earned here.

From where I see, with the pandemic situation they would be contemplating investing their money in countries which are risky and rather invest in countries which is safer to earn back.

Nevertheless happy to see the Pick-up cult kept alive by Isuzu, cheers to them
slamnos is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks