Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2020, 23:22   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Really?

It looked too MPVish for me. I preferred the older Tiguan small proportions vs the extra bulk ta the back which makes it estate/MPVish.

The Kodiaq feels better looking.
I echo your comments, I saw it when I went to see the TROC. It looked like a station wagon to me at first glance. The awkward orange color was looking hideous too.
Old 15th June 2020, 06:53   #62
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched

There isn't much to differentiate the two anyways. Both cars have the wagon look (if not for the high GC) with near identical side profiles and dimensions. But if anything- the rear quarterglass and sloping roofline treatment makes the Kodiaq look even longer and wagon-like.

VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-images-5.jpeg

VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-images-4.jpeg

Anyways, Tiguan doesn't even stand a chance against the Kodiaq with only the petrol motor under the hood.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 11:06   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
There isn't much to differentiate the two anyways. Both cars have the wagon look (if not for the high GC) with near identical side profiles and dimensions. But if anything- the rear quarterglass and sloping roofline treatment makes the Kodiaq look even longer and wagon-like.

Attachment 2016970

Attachment 2016971

Anyways, Tiguan doesn't even stand a chance against the Kodiaq with only the petrol motor under the hood.
Yes there isn't much to differentiate under the skin but my point was the Kodiaq looks a bit more sporty and beefed up. The reason is cause of the squared of wheel arches which are beefed up more than the Tiguan, the sharper creases and lines front and rear vs the softer ones in the Tiguan.

As a result the Tiguan in the longer form loses some of the proportions and looks too bulky at the rear and more estate-ish and van-ish than the Kodiaq.

Here's a pic of the Passat estate and you can see how similar it is:

VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-volkswagenpassatalltrack5892_50.jpg

VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-volkswagenpassatalltrack5892_21.jpg
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 13:00   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Really?

It looked too MPVish for me. I preferred the older Tiguan small proportions vs the extra bulk ta the back which makes it estate/MPVish.

The Kodiaq feels better looking.
I totally agree with you!
The smaller Tiguan looked way more SUVish and sporty. The 'all space' is a handsome car too but looks more like a jacked up estate.
And yes! Your Alaskan Bear definitely looks better
Nazaar25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 23:30   #65
BHPian

The VW showroom in Delhi had an Allspace on display so we decided to go check it out today. The SUV fits the bill for a premium offering but is fairly forgettable. It feels like a "stop-gap" till the 5-seater Tiguan restarts production which will definitely appeal to a wider audience. As for those shopping in this price bracket, the Fortuner/ Endeavour crowd will always go for those two since they offer more muscle and presence while those after a premium offering might go for the luxury trifecta.

However the Allspace does have a few things up its sleeve which might appeal to some.

Pros
1. The interior is spot on and everything feels robust and well built. The quality of the materials used is definitely up there with Audi's offerings and the Allspace lives up to its USP of "affordable" mid-size luxury SUV.
2. It has a cavernous cabin and the middle row offers acres of space like its Skoda sibling. The interiors feel considerably premium vis-a-vis Endy/ Fortuner. You really can't go wrong with this if you prefer to sit in the rear while being chauffeured.
3. The front console and dash in typical VW fashion prioritises function over form. Infotainment is top-notch and amongst the best in the industry. The fully digital Active Info Display is amazing and is definitely a highlight of the driver's seat experience. The tech experience is very Audi-esque and adds to the feeling of being in a premium SUV.

Cons
1. Third Row

The 7 seater tag is one not meant for this car and the Allspace is at best a 5+2. It seems the "allspace"-ness refers to the vast boot (third row folded) and those looking for a palatial cargo area should go for the Allspace eyes closed. The third row however is strictly for kids under 10 or for the times when you need it in a pinch. I'm fairly average at 5'7" and wouldn't really be enthused if asked to sit there. I would personally save a few lakhs and buy the 5-seater when it returns next year.

In summary, the SUV feels premium as it should for the price and is very German (read conservative) but works as a package. The Allspace is definitely worth considering if you are interested in this segment as it ticks most boxes. I'm sure it caters to the specific requirements of its target demographic and should do well with the limited units VW has imported.

Last edited by AamodB : 18th June 2020 at 23:37.
AamodB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 22:19   #66
BHPian

I feel this car is suitable for those who yearn for German quality, AWD, a 2.0L TSI Engine which is punchy, butter smooth and quiet, a big boot (700 litres when 3rd row seats are folded down) and not bothered about the practicality of the last row of seats. The clean lines and subtlety of Tiguan are it's stand out features. An updated 2021 version is doing the rounds and it's even more impressive, especially the headlights. I hope it's launched in India soon.
Old 26th July 2020, 23:37   #67
BHPian

Hello everyone. I was going through owner reviews of Tiguan Allspace and came across this you-tuber Prithwi Ray who has just bought it. He mentioned that Tiguan Allspace comes equipped with DSQ381 DSG gear box which is a wet type. I could not believe my eyes and asked him to re-confirm it to which he replied by giving the info mentioned on the vehicle's Auto Trans Control Module. Here is the screenshot. Hope it brings cheers to those who were hoping for the wet type clutch DSG in VW cars. Wet type clutches are not prone to heating issues unlike their dry counterparts.

Here is the link to the video too...

Attached Thumbnails
VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-dq381.jpg  

shaheenazk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 00:17   #68
BHPian

I test drove the Allspace a day ago and came out impressed with the car. Drives very much like a cross-over. Doesn't feel at all like you're in an SUV. The GC is high enough but suspension setup is very Euro. Firm in the city but this will be an excellent high speed cruiser over small to medium sized potholed roads. Had all the bells & whistles. But definitely not a 7 seater. You have to be of age 10 or below, or amputate your legs.

The crocodile sized fly in the ointment is the price. Chandigarh at most and Punjab at least is a diesel SUV - only market. I expect a discount of at least 3 and a maximum of 5L in the December 20/ January 21 sale if there's units left.
Old 27th July 2020, 09:47   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
Hello everyone. I was going through owner reviews of Tiguan Allspace and came across this you-tuber Prithwi Ray who has just bought it. He mentioned that Tiguan Allspace comes equipped with DSQ381 DSG gear box which is a wet type. I could not believe my eyes and asked him to re-confirm it to which he replied by giving the info mentioned on the vehicle's Auto Trans Control Module. Here is the screenshot. Hope it brings cheers to those who were hoping for the wet type clutch DSG in VW cars. Wet type clutches are not prone to heating issues unlike their dry counterparts.

[/url]
Yes, it has been very clear that AWD applications will get the DQ381 gearbox. The FWD applications such as T-Roc and Karoq retain the DQ250 Dry Clutch transmission. The DQ381 wet clutch transmission can take up to 420 NM torque, so allows for some tuning flexibility. The DQ 250 on the other hand, is already operating at peak torque capacity in most applications we see in India.

The BS4 Diesel Tiguan, I believe, had the earlier DQ500 transmission (also wet clutch and AWD compatible) which can take up to 600 NM of torque and was ideal for high torque Diesel applications.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 27th July 2020 at 09:50.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 10:02   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
If a VW/Skoda has the 2.0L TSI engine in it then there is only one gearbox now.

The DQ381-7F for the front wheel drive Superb and vRS245.

For AWD like the Tiguan Allspace and upcoming Kodiaq 2.0L TSI there is another version known as DQ381-7A.

Before this the 2.0L TSI used to get a wet clutch 6 speed box DQ250.

The 2.0L TDI AWD cars like Kodiaq diesel and Tiguan TDI (smaller one) get the DQ500 gearbox.

The 7 speed dry clutch unit is now available only on the 1.5L TSI engine and nothing above this now gets dry clutch box.

VW has consolidated its boxes and engines pretty well. After the 1.4L and 1.8L TSI were discontinued it stream lined all powertrain combinations.

1. DQ200 - 7 speed dry clutch available on 1.0L TSI (not in India) and 1.5L TSI engines (Karoq and T-ROC). Same gearbox will be in Octavia with 1.5L TSI when that comes to India.

2. DQ381 - All 2.0L TSI engined cars (Superb, Kodiak, Passat, Tiguan Allspace, vRS 245)

3. DQ500 - Only for AWD 2.0TDI. Was there on old Tiguan and Kodiaq Diesel.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 12:15   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Yes, it has been very clear that AWD applications will get the DQ381 gearbox. The FWD applications such as T-Roc and Karoq retain the DQ250 Dry Clutch transmission. The DQ381 wet clutch transmission can take up to 420 NM torque, so allows for some tuning flexibility. The DQ 250 on the other hand, is already operating at peak torque capacity in most applications we see in India.

The BS4 Diesel Tiguan, I believe, had the earlier DQ500 transmission (also wet clutch and AWD compatible) which can take up to 600 NM of torque and was ideal for high torque Diesel applications.
My apologies, thanks for correcting this, Vid. I mis-typed as DQ250 - instead of saying DQ200. So it should read FWD applications such as T-Roc and Karoq retain the dry-clutch DQ200 transmission.
DQ250 is of course the old 6-speed wet clutch in the previous Jetta and Octavia TDI.
Old 28th July 2020, 04:16   #72
BHPian

Here is a nice review by you-tuber Faisal Khan of the Tiguan AllSpace:

Old 5th August 2020, 12:02   #73
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Karan for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

ACCESSORIES PRICE LIST FOR TROC AND TIGUAN ALLSPACE:

VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-acc01-copy.png

VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-acc02-copy.png

VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-acc03-copy.png

VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-acc04-copy.png
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 23:04   #74
BHPian

All those interested in the Tiguan AllSpace, I have found excellent information on the workings of its EA888 four-cylinder engine, the 2.0L TSI EA888 Gen3 B-Cycle.

https://www.greencarcongress.com/201...27-tiguan.html
Old 29th August 2020, 18:05   #75
BHPian

I recently test drove the Tiguan allspace. Was very impressed with the 2 litre TSI. Like others have pointed out, it doesn’t look like an SUV. It does not have the presence of an Endeavour or Fortuner. People who are looking for a large SUV will not be impressed. But this may appeal to those whose use is primarily in the City, want good rear space, largish boot (with third row down) and don’t want a sedan. Considering that it’s a CBU with features like semi-auto Park, autonomous emergency breaking, lane assist etc, the Rs. 40 lac OTR price doesn’t seem bad. The only thing going against it may be the ASS and the fuel efficiency.
Vin76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks