Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2020, 21:30   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
Here is a nice review by you-tuber Faisal Khan of the Tiguan AllSpace:
Are you serious?

My goodness this guy is unbearably annoying to listen to. I cannot fathom how some of these chaps muster up any meaningful following.

On the car itself, not sure why anyone would pick this over the much better designed Kodiaq. I am guessing price wise they must not be far apart.
Axe77 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 22:42   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Are you serious?

My goodness this guy is unbearably annoying to listen to. I cannot fathom how some of these chaps muster up any meaningful following.

On the car itself, not sure why anyone would pick this over the much better designed Kodiaq. I am guessing price wise they must not be far apart.
Yes, I am serious. In my opinion he is one of the best reviewers. I don't find him annoying although he does sound childish sometimes and keeps pulling the leg of his partner Neha in the videos. The best part of his reviews are when he gives the car the "beans"!

I am always interested in 0-100 timings which says a lot about the engine to which I give utmost importance over design, luxury, features. After engine comes the handling. It has multi-link rear suspension for great riding comfort. All Space has nearly everything one needs on long out-station trips. AWD which is great for bad roads, a peppy 2.0 TSI award winning engine for over taking with confidence thereby putting a big smile on your face, reasonable GC which helps over bad roads, speed breakers, off-roading. It has gem of a gearbox, the DQ-381 which is a wet type dual clutch unit and can handle torque in excess of 400 nm and not prone to heating issues like the DQ-200. Interiors too are reasonably good with soft materials all around. Tiguan has been the highest selling SUV for VW in Europe and there are reasons for it, unsurprisingly. As far as the design goes it has neat clean lines which is very much VW-isq and I like it. However, it's a matter of individual taste and cannot be argued. It does not lack much in features department either and last but not the least, as the name suggests, has tonnes of space.

I intend to put a inflatable bed after folding down the middle row of seats. The rear passengers can then travel in a king size bed on long journeys and nothing can beat the comfort of a bed. Even the front passenger seat can be completely folded down to give additional leg room!

The only features I find missing are ventilated seats for a hot country like India and Bose audio system but they are not a deal breaker.
shaheenazk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 21:28   #78

Not sure since when, VW site now mentions an FE for the Tiguan AllSpace, at last!

https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/mode...yer#Tech-Specs

12.5 kmpl

Indeed, the disclaimer: *Figures as per EU WLTP(Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicle Test Procedure) test conditions.
*- as per EU WLTP in High phase

As we read in various other posts / reviews, the FE of these trendy Turbo Petrol Automatics are not worth any discussion (or, is it? ), but the same of this Tiguan AllSpace, as per reports available so far, was an awful low-single digit (5 or 6, kmpl)!

I did ask a dealer, a few days ago, on this, citing some reports including those mentioned in this forum as well, and the response was as expected, "those are in Sport mode and during experimental (read: "rough") handling, Sir", you can expect a 10 kmpl on an average."

Fair enough, I thought then. Yet, was wondering, is it this bad that the official site / brochure does not even mention a number!
Well, here we go, at least there is a number hanging now.

The new Skoda Superb, with same Engine and DSG, mentions 15.10, (as per Rule 115 of CMVR, details aside).

And waiting on the just-teased Audi Q2, supposed to be on same Engine and DSG.

Of course, despite same powertrain, dozen or more other differences that influence the FE make these three cars not comparable.

Was just wondering, keeping all such things such as the Tiguan AllSpace is neither a "proper SUV" (dealers calling it, justifiably, "optional 7-seater", whatever that means ) nor a Sedan, not a value-for-money, nor in the leagues of even entry level BMW (e.g. X1), if someone still tends to go for it, for the pure fun of driving, could this utter low FE pinch at some point?

"Personal Choice" -- would be an acceptable answer, I think.

My curiosity is, would this be a trend now, that beyond a certain price-point, the Fuel Efficiency is --
(a) no longer a challenge the engineers would be enthused to work on, and /or
(b) not something that marketing folks would care about, and / or
(c) not something that the regulators would have a say on?
Old 10th October 2020, 23:54   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seshadri75 View Post
Was just wondering, keeping all such things such as the Tiguan AllSpace is neither a "proper SUV" (dealers calling it, justifiably, "optional 7-seater", whatever that means ) nor a Sedan, not a value-for-money, nor in the leagues of even entry level BMW (e.g. X1), if someone still tends to go for it, for the pure fun of driving, could this utter low FE pinch at some point?
You are right, the Tiguan Allspace is not directly any of the ones you mentioned (Proper SUV, Sedan, etc). However, VFM at this price-point is always when compared with something else. For example, once one goes beyond the 20L budget and say is looking at something like Troc (24L on-road), Compass (~ 27-30L on-road) or Karoq (30L on-road). Which is what I was necessarily looking at during my current research for a new car, I stumbled upon Allspace. I was mentally prepared to shell out 30L for the Compass or the Karoq but post the test-drives of Tiguan Allspace and comparing features side-by-side, I could think of the following:

Extra's in Allspace over Karoq:
- Volkswagen 4motion AWD. No serious offroading but would definitely help in those tricky situations on gravel/ rough roads, etc. Has good offroad modes including a Snow mode, some YouTubers have taken their old gen TDI Tiguan's on the snow in Spiti, etc and fared okay. And the European reviews/ videos on Tiguan Allspace are good for soft off-roading.

- Occasional 5+2, say for those city runs when one has to attend to weddings or ferry kids to a party, school, etc.

- As a 5 seater, a large boot of 700 litres. For me, this works really good, as we plan on doing long rides in the car starting with at least most of the Southern cities and then up North.

- 3 zone AC, the middle row passengers have their own controls.

- Sliding and reclining middle row seats. Seats are not as plush as those of Kodiaq but more comfortable as compared to the slightly upright rear seats in the Karoq.

- A better sounding In-Car entertainment in comparison to Karoq but not as good as that of the Kodiaq (Canton).

- An electric tail-gate, can be operated by leg gesture, big on convenience, the Karoq's boot was pretty heavy to operate by hand.

- DQ381-7A wet transmission in Allspace as compared to DQ200 dry one in Karoq. Although, the earlier issues on the dry one seem to have been sorted out well.

- 2.0 TSI engine with 190ps and 320 nm of Torque is definitely more peppier beyond 2000 rpm as compared to Karoq. I feel 320 nm torque on a Petrol car is a pretty good thing while its not comparable to a similar Diesel engine spec.

Now, even with the additional features, it definitely in my opinion, does not command a 10L jump on the price over Karoq, but its not like Allspace is selling like hot cakes at the moment and soon they will be pushed to sell all imported CBU units as the new year will naturally depreciate the value further. I am therefore, expecting a Kodiaq style 4-5L discounts in a month or so on the Allspace. 35-36L on road for this car, may not be a bad price to pay for the features it offers in addition to that of Compass/ Karoq.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 00:23   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

Extra's in Allspace over Karoq:
One more thing : Independent Rear Suspension
Allspace also comes with trays for the rear passengers. If they are hard, they can be more of a nuisance than a convenience feature.
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 20:12   #81
BHPian

Just took delivery of Tiguan Allspace, our first SUV ownership experience. Yes, gargantuan speed humps, craters on roads and also the occasional floodings in the millennium city of Gurugram has forced us to buy an SUV.
The onroad price for the vehicle worked out to about 37 Lacs after negotiations. With that, also opted for Extended Warranty till 5 years with an additional cost of Rs. 15k.
One thing which i noted is that front suspension travel is too short. The Suspension clunks harshly over dips but otherwise is noiseless over potholes.
Are other member facing this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-img_1129.jpg  

Last edited by Dhruv29 : 25th November 2020 at 20:13.
Dhruv29 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 22:52   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv29 View Post
Just took delivery of Tiguan Allspace, our first SUV ownership experience. With that, also opted for Extended Warranty till 5 years with an additional cost of Rs. 15k.
One thing which i noted is that front suspension travel is too short. The Suspension clunks harshly over dips but otherwise is noiseless over potholes.
Are other member facing this issue?
Hi Dhruv

Many congratulations on the new car.

It's good that you also got the extended warranty. 4 years of warranty is provided by default, so you got/ took the 5th year one for ₹ 15k? Were more options 4+2 offered? In India made cars like Vento/ Polo, folks can get 4 + 2 years of extended warranty at the time of purchase and + 1 (7th year at the end of the initial warranty period).

I think what you mentioned about the suspension is by design, I experience pretty much the same behaviour.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 15:29   #83
BHPian

congratulations Dhruv, the all space is priced upwards of 40 here in Mumbai (OTR), if I recollect its 42 odd lacs OTR, which would mean, even after difference in Taxes in both regions, you got a healthy discount on the vehicle. Would be great if you could share some more information on the price break down here, thanks
TRANSAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 19:27   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Hi Dhruv

Many congratulations on the new car.

It's good that you also got the extended warranty. 4 years of warranty is provided by default, so you got/ took the 5th year one for ₹ 15k? Were more options 4+2 offered? In India made cars like Vento/ Polo, folks can get 4 + 2 years of extended warranty at the time of purchase and + 1 (7th year at the end of the initial warranty period).

--Kalyan
Thank you for your warm wishes.
I wanted to extend warranty as much as possible, but the SA said that for Tiguan only 1 year extra, i.e 5th Year extended warranty is available.
Quite a stupid decision by VW if they only give extended warranty for only 5th year for their German CBU products when compared to Indian made cars.
I'll write to VW for clarification for the same.
Dhruv29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 19:36   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
congratulations Dhruv, the all space is priced upwards of 40 here in Mumbai (OTR), if I recollect its 42 odd lacs OTR, which would mean, even after difference in Taxes in both regions, you got a healthy discount on the vehicle. Would be great if you could share some more information on the price break down here, thanks
Thank you!
Breakup as per the records:
- Vehicle:32,25,372
- Insurance: 1,06,000
- RTO expense: 2400
- DEPO (logistics): 20,000
- Extended warrant: 18,349
Additional to the vehicle cost, i've also opted for some accessories like:
- Sports Aluminium Pedals (8k)
- Chrome boot loading lip (10k)

Last edited by Dhruv29 : 26th November 2020 at 19:38.
Dhruv29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 08:59   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
Would be great if you could share some more information on the price break down here, thanks
Hi,

I bought the car in Hyderabad in the month of October. Do check out the deal I got at the below thread where I detailed it. It might help with your negotiation. However, one word of caution is that since March, when this car was launched and June when it started reaching the dealers, they were hardly selling 25-70 cars per month. But in October, they have sold close to 170 cars. I am sure due to the festive season it's the same in November too. Only about 300-500 Allspaces were bought into the country.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post4920782 (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 19:01   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you!
Breakup as per the records:
- DEPO (logistics): 20,000
The dealer charged you for logistics illegally. I wonder if you were aware of this or not.
Old 27th November 2020, 19:36   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
The dealer charged you for logistics illegally. I wonder if you were aware of this or not.
Yes, i was aware of it. They used a fancy word of "Depo" to get away with it.
Old 27th November 2020, 22:56   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, i was aware of it. They used a fancy word of "Depo" to get away with it.
I then wonder why you did not protest strongly. You may still write to the top management for reimbursement. "Depo" is still no justification for the charges. A few years ago a court (don't remember which) gave a judgement in which it said that no car company can charge a customer for putting petrol into the car and bringing it to the showroom from its godown/depot for sale.
Old 4th December 2020, 01:01   #90
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to extend warranty as much as possible, but the SA said that for Tiguan only 1 year extra, i.e 5th Year extended warranty is available.
Quite a stupid decision by VW if they only give extended warranty for only 5th year for their German CBU products when compared to Indian made cars.
I'll write to VW for clarification for the same.
This is from the Tiguan Allspace physical brochure. I think one can also download the PDF from the Volkswagen India website. Look at the "Volkswagen Add-on Warranty".
VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-20201204_005525.jpg

The way I see it, 4 years is the default warranty, and we can keep extending it with a + 1 year (Add-on warranty) until the vehicle is 7 years old.

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 4th December 2020 at 01:03.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks