Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2019, 12:08   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched

Mod Note: BHPian kalyan_hyd's Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Ownership Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Tiguan likely to be replaced with the Tiguan ALLSPACE this year.

Quote:
There is still a last minute rethink on whether the car should be brought in as an additional variant, or if it should simply replace the current Tiguan. That is the only reason the car has as yet not been introduced
With the T ROC too coining to India, both these moves go to show that there is a very clear intent to project a strength in SUV's.

Compared to the 5-seater Tiguan sold in India, the Tiguan Allspace comes with a thrid row as well.

The Tiguan Allspace will also be assembled in India at the VW Group's Aurangabad facility.

VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-1.png

Link

Last edited by Aditya : 5th December 2020 at 20:18. Reason: Review link added
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 11:26   #2
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Perhaps one of the reasons why dealers don't have the stocks or VW is not allocating them any? Also, what are the implications if the 5 seater is pulled?

Last edited by GTO : 23rd April 2019 at 11:14. Reason: Poorly typed post - please submit properly written & formatted posts on Team-BHP
hondafanboy is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 23rd April 2019, 10:27   #3
Team-BHP Support

re: VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched

Rumour: VW India to launch Tiguan with 3rd-row seating in 2019 - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 11:18   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

After a long time, I'm seeing a sensible decision taken by VW India .

Good to hear about the 3rd row seat as it isn't easy fighting without one in a segment full of 7-seaters. Like the Kodiaq, I guess it's more of a 5 + 2 seater than a proper 7 seater, but that's still very useful. The kids or short adults can always jump at the back.

GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 11:54   #5
Team-BHP Support

Good decision by VW! With the price segment (current) Tiguan playing in, it cannot fight it out on price with the likes of Compass/Tucson, or on practicality with a Kodiaq or CR-V. The 7-seat version should improve the situation, probably at the expense of its sibling Kodiaq.
vb-saan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 13:17   #6
AYP
Senior - BHPian

What I would really like to see is the change in the state of tune from the present one to the one in the Superb/Passat. Though I don't really see this happening. Hoping to be surprised by VW.
Old 23rd April 2019, 17:39   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the Tiguan is offered globally with the Audi a4 tune for the 2.0 TDI as an option (190 HP, 400 NM) and not the one in the passat (177HP)
Old 23rd April 2019, 19:52   #8
BHPian

I believe this will give the Tiguan some much needed street presence. The Tiguan is a good car, no doubt with an excellent engine and gearbox combination. The quality is good and has decent feature list. The only issue was that it was too small. Now this will fix that problem as well.

Although it will lead to a direct comparison with the Kodiaq, VW offers a much wider and better service network.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 19:52   #9
BHPian

A welcome move from VW additional 2 seats with increased length will improve the overall looks of Tiguan. I checked out Tiguan few months back when I took GT TSI it has premium interiors and I will definitely pick it over CRV or Tucson.
Old 25th October 2019, 15:57   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Tiguan ALLSPACE to launch in 2020. Will replace the existing 5 seat model.

Quote:
The Tiguan Allspace will be offered with 7 seats as standard which will see it compete with the likes of the Honda CR-V, Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and even the Mahindra Alturas G4.

It will come powered by a 2-litre TSI petrol engine and there'll be no diesel on offer.

The Tiguan AllSpace will only be available with a 2WD option and there will be a 7-speed dual clutch automatic on offer too.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 16:12   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tiguan ALLSPACE to launch in 2020. Will replace the existing 5 seat model.
Ah! Again something weird! Why not keep the 5 seater? It wasn't like it was selling a lot. So keep selling those little numbers for those who prefer 5 seater SUVs & aren't rigid about the 2 extra seats. The compact 5 seater one gives nice practical dimensions.

And no diesel? Thats a downer in this segment for me. Big SUVs still need diesels...
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 17:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Ah! Again something weird! Why not keep the 5 seater? It wasn't like it was selling a lot. So keep selling those little numbers for those who prefer 5 seater SUVs & aren't rigid about the 2 extra seats. The compact 5 seater one gives nice practical dimensions.

And no diesel? Thats a downer in this segment for me. Big SUVs still need diesels...
I think the biggest drawback of the current Tiguan as far as the Indian market is concerned is its price to size ratio. People just don't want to pay close to 35 lakh rupees(post discount) for an SUV which looks no bigger than a jacked up Polo. Sorry no offense to the current Tiguan owners.

So this allspace variant will address that aspect to a large extent. The wheelbase of the allspace variant is 109 mm longer while the overall length is 215 mm longer which is quite a significant rise in dimensions compared to the 5 seater Tiguan. This results in a 60 mm increase in rear legroom which is again quite a lot. So even if you plan on using it as a 5 seater, its roomier at the back. And just like the Kodiaq, the 3rd row of seats will be an occasional use for adults in any case. Plus the 2.0 TSI engine will at least give it proper go to match the show with 190 hp. Fuel economy of this engine will be questionable IMO.
ram87pune is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 17:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I am on of those who want a 5 seater option. I do not want a station-wagon or another Fortuner/Endy/Kodiaq.

Any chance VW will offer the Tiguan Highline AND Allspace in 2020?
Old 26th October 2019, 08:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

NDTV Auto also says the T ROC is coming in Auto Expo in Feb 20. CBU and to be positioned as premium SUV to be priced against Hector and Compass. I have seen the TROC in Europe and I wonder how will it compete since it visually looks smaller. Indians love their big cars and for 20+ lacs, this beauty might not find takers for too long.
Old 26th October 2019, 09:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

I am very disappointed that VW has decided to pull the plug on the Tiguan 5-seater.
The Tiguan Allspace won't do much in terms of volume. It has the same design, just a bit longer which will give it more of a station wagon look. The Tiguan does not have any road presence and just increasing the length a bit will not make much difference. Also, the 3rd row is going to be usable only by kids. So, how will it compete with the likes of Fortuner/Endeavour? Even the Kodiaq has much better road presence.

Rather than trying to be big and macho, the Tiguan 5-seater could establish a niche for itself by providing a compact, premium, fun-to-drive SUV. If VW could have corrected the price, then it can actually provide a great option to buyers who want to upgrade from the likes of Creta or who are considering the Jeep Compass. I welcome the introduction of the 2.0 TSI motor as it will be much more fun to drive than the current 2.0 TDI motor. The current one provides adequate performance but nothing exciting. If you see the current pricing, if VW drops the 4WD and diesel and goes for 2WD petrol, there could have been a nice 3-4 lakhs reduction in pricing. But by positioning it as a 7-seater and competing with the likes of Fortunner, VW has basically killed the opportunity.
adimicra is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks