Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2019, 14:19   #76
BHPian

re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You will have to see all the pics in detail and spot the drone. Hint, check the pic of the rear of the venue and look left.

Finally found it in the second post.. Is is a DJI Phantom?
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 14:23   #77
BHPian

Online bookings open now. Online booking portal menu has included Venue as an option now. (but I am not booking till the AUTO option comes )
Old 3rd May 2019, 14:24   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshY1 View Post
What a waste of money! But, what a way to influence the journos' opinion!
I think it looks too small (length-wise) and out of proportions from the sides. There are very view official side pics. I found mostly 3 quarters.
Not really. While it was a unique experience you can see it was not really luxurious or grand. It was 4 bed dorms with common restrooms.

If you check the Angriya website and prices, you will see it is lesser than a 5 star resort which they usually have for media drives. Overall, they would have spent the same as a 5 star resort in Jaipur/Udaipur/Goa. Only overhead was the logistics.

About the car I have kept both my side pics I shot. Side shots was not easy as in the evening sunset on one side and in the morning again sun rise. plus too many people walking around to snap side angle. I had to wake up before sunrise to get most of photos you see and even then many journos were awake.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd May 2019 at 14:26.
Vid6639 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 14:37   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai Venue & Maruti Vitara Brezza Spotted Going Side By Side
I believe this is a snippet from one of the BMC HD Videos YouTube channel. I found the full video:

To begin with, I could not really spot the Hyundai Venue as I though the grey car was a Gran I10 . And as RM Motorsports has posted, towards the end of the video, a Brezza whizzes by Venue, and the size is really quite clear.

Brezza looks small next to Creta, but man the Venue seems to be dwarfed by the former.

By the size alone, this may actually start a new segment, sCUV (small Compact Utility Vehicle)!!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 3rd May 2019 at 14:39.
Vik0728 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 15:24   #80
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I have seen a couple of Venue test mules in Gurgaon recently. It definitely looks very compact.

Infact, I was mistaken the first time I saw a Venue test mule. I had almost jumped out with excitement assuming it to be a Jimny. With Maruti's plant located in Gurgaon and Manesar, I was sure what I saw has to be the Jimny. But on the same day, I saw the same test mule again closely and then figured out that it is actually the Venue which I had seen.

I had commented about the dimensions here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4575137 (The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino))

Last edited by //M : 3rd May 2019 at 15:26.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 16:03   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Hyundai Venue & Maruti Vitara Brezza Spotted Going Side By Side
That is quite a good find! Dimensions wise Brezza is 1% wider and 3% taller.

But those 5cms in height and the squared off design are making the Brezza look bigger.

Santro and Venue are nearly the same Height, Difference is just 3cms, which would be the extra tall roof rails that the Venue wears.

So, Venue isn't really a mini-Creta afterall, its a beefed up Santro.

This creates doubts on Venue's unchallenged success (and my VENUE booking too), as Indian's don't treat smaller (looking) cars kindly.

Pictured here with CEO Mr. S S Kim

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-hyundaivenueunveilinindiabycompanymdsskim.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-hyundaivenue.jpg

Mr. Kim with the Santro

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-santro.jpg

So, now Tyre upsizes maybe?
Moto$apien is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 16:14   #82
BHPian

I just received a call from Hyundai to confirm my booking. I tried to dig up some information but nothing substantial came out. However, when I kept poking about DCT being available in the top variant, he said that DCT SX+ is the last option while SX(O) is the second to last option in the list, so that "could" mean something, but he's not sure.
He might be hinting at something or maybe I'm reading too much between the lines; we'll know on 21st anyway.
kubectl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 16:18   #83
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai says it got 2000 bookings yesterday:
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190503-16.14.58.jpeg
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 17:07   #84
BHPian

What I liked:
1. Overall looks
2. Darker non-black shades
3. All black interiors
4. Larger boot space
5. Funky alloy wheels

What remains to be seen/experienced:
1. Performance
2. Driving Dynamics
3. Fuel efficiency
4. Interior Space
5. Feature list across all variants (especially safety features on the DCT variants)
6. And of course, price

Misses :
1. Weird spread of variants across Petrol and Diesel. No consistency
2. Hyundai's continued night-blindness. It is utterly idiotic to have ONLY projectors doing double duty of high beam and low beam. This problem is there across all models of Hyundai that provides projectors.
BeantownThinker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 17:14   #85
Senior - BHPian

The soon-to-be-launched Hyundai Venue SUV has garnered over 2000 bookings in India in just one day. It was just yesterday, on May 2, that the company announced opening pre-bookings for the new subcompact SUV in India.

Customers can book the new Venue online on the company's website or at Hyundai dealerships across India, for a token of Rs. 21,000.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/hyundai-v...ne-day-2032537
Old 4th May 2019, 01:29   #86
BHPian

Tbh, at this size and price they could create a record for most cancellations in a day when people see it on the road.
What is with manufacturers nowadays? I have my 8 year old Vento TDI and I don't find a car to replace it at a price point that makes sense. The classy feel and performance are just not there. Not even at VW. It's a screwed up market for new cars. The used car market is much better!
dingolphie is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 08:33   #87

Same thoughts on my mind. The size when compared to Brezza is shameful to be honest. I mean, Hyundai entering late into the market should have figured out that size is one of the important parameters too.

I am in search for a new car (SUV diesel) and having trouble deciding which one should I buy Venue or Creta (e+ or ex). Any suggestions. Was waiting fingers crossed for Venue, but seems like I am going to be disappointed.
princex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 09:49   #88
BHPian

Great review.
Its as good as an official review. Waiting for the official review soon.
Coming to the car, as mentioned, its like a baby Creta. All the exteriors are the same, except the lamps.
The interiors have been upgraded to a next level. Thanks Hyundai.
It's good to see so many connectivity options.

Last edited by coolmind : 4th May 2019 at 09:56. Reason: Corrected the spacing.
Old 4th May 2019, 09:51   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Autocar India has listed out the engine-wise variants - ACI.

No Diesel AT yet, however great to see a more affordable S variant of the 1.0 Turbo petrol + DCT combination.
Are they directly targeting EcoSport? That has a Trend+ AT and Titanium+ AT. Best part about the trend+ is the ex-showroom below 10L( helps in places like Bangalore) & is fairly loaded. If the S AT is decently equipped and priced under 10L , it might just end up being a hit in cities like Bangalore.

I recently picked up Jazz CVT , thanks to lack of sub4m CSUVs with decent auto tyranny. EcoSport was the best among the three though minus the guzzler of an engine,stiff ride quality and the cramped rear seat

Last edited by SoumenD : 4th May 2019 at 10:00.
Old 4th May 2019, 11:20   #90
Bee
BHPian

It's funny how Hyundai has managed on skimping some of the most basic things even when the rest of the feature list is loaded. Firstly, the lack of an auto-ivrm. They have placed three buttons in there which are barely going to be used (only in emergencies) but no auto ivrm which is going to be used almost daily by most of the office going owners. Secondly, only two parking sensors in the rear (similar to the 3 lac alto 800). Though I'm not entirely sure how much of a difference there's going to be with two less sensors. But as the preview has mentioned, the corner obstacle detection will definitely take a hit. Now, this is going to be a letdown for people having a home with tight alleys (I'm in this category sadly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolphie View Post
Tbh, at this size and price they could create a record for most cancellations in a day when people see it on the road.
I'm afraid that just might happen. But if Hyundai manages to price it aggressively then it's going to be a sure shot success. Ahough that's highly unlikely seeing how xuv300 was priced by Mahindra, Hyundai will definitely take a page out of their books!

Last edited by SDP : 4th May 2019 at 11:34. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please edit or multi-quote instead of back to back posts
Bee is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks