Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2019, 10:32   #1

What's your least favourite interior of all time?

We all know there's been some bad ones over the years, but which one do you think is the worst?

My pick has to be Etios/liva. Wonderful car. Great driveability. Fuss free maintenance. A monstrosity of a cabin.
Attached Thumbnails
What's your least favourite interior of all time?-1557377911127.jpg  

Kabeer_ts is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 12:03   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: What's your least favourite interior of all time?

Captur. Ranking on top because Renault had a chance to undo the mess of the Duster's interiors, but failed. Messed up ergonomics, sub-par quality, horribly tuned steering & more:

The Mobilio. This dash was okay in a 4-lakh hatchback, but in a 10-lakh rupee overpriced MPV ? The picture symbolises all that's gone wrong with Honda:

Verito / Verito Vibe. Yuck! Proof that c-h-e-a-p does NOT sell in India:

Linea / Punto. Surprised? Don't be. Even after a decade of driving examples on & off, I still cannot find a comfortable driving position. The "perfect driving position" is very important to me:
GTO is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 12:04   #3
BHPian

My pick would be the interior of pre face lift version of Amaze/Brio and Mobilio. Simply drab at that price point.
Attached Thumbnails
What's your least favourite interior of all time?-hondabrio41.jpg  

Superleggera is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 12:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Punto/Linea, Verito/Vibe and Etios/Liva have the worse and mist disgusting interiors of Indian Cars. IMO even the infamous Bajaj Autos have a better interiors 'Driver's Point of View'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yuck! Proof that c-h-e-a-p does NOT sell in India:

Although I agree with all your views in the post GTO, I dis-agree a bit with "One Half" of your statement.

Suzuki is c-h-e-a-p but still O-u-t--S-e-l-l-s every other car. This is Eeco interior:

What's your least favourite interior of all time?-marutieecodashboard.jpg

I think it must be re-badged as Suzuki Yucko!!!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 9th May 2019 at 12:46.
Vik0728 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 13:33   #5
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

1) Logan / Verito
2) Brio / Mobilo (First Gen)
3) Liva
4) But the why has no one mentioned the small entry level Maruti's? I didn't love their interiors much either, though 50% of India bought it.

All already displayed above by others.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 13:35   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
4) But the why has no one mentioned the small entry level Maruti's? I didn't love their interiors much either, though 50% of India bought it.

All already displayed above by others.

Its the price point that matters. M800/Alto etc had not-so-good interiors, but it was justified for the price we paid for it.
Superleggera is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 13:41   #7
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Its the price point that matters. M800/Alto etc had not-so-good interiors, but it was justified for the price we paid for it.
Ohh! I meant more the Wagon R, & the Gen II Zen (not the Ritz and Swift nor the Alto/M800), but my vague language was at fault.

They were not exactly cheap, and yet were very basic and used brand name legacy for too long.

Last edited by ACM : 9th May 2019 at 13:43.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 13:48   #8
BHPian

My top picks would be:

1. Mahindra Xylo: Just look at it! IMHO the only thing uglier in this world than the interior of the Mahindra Xylo is it's exterior. Just look at those AC vents at the centre and I'm sure you'd want to look away.

What's your least favourite interior of all time?-22302_05.jpg

2. Chevy Spark:The dashboard-in-the-centre fad started with the Indica Vista, and the Spark continued that trend. Plain ugly. Also, what's up with that IRVM?!

What's your least favourite interior of all time?-dsc_5239.jpg

Picture credits to their respective owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Suzuki is c-h-e-a-p but still O-u-t--S-e-l-l-s every other car. This is Eeco interior:

Attachment 1874677
I don't think people who use Eeco care about interiors. That demographic wanted a large van at a cheap price, and hence lapped it up generously.

Last edited by boniver : 9th May 2019 at 13:49.
boniver is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 13:55   #9
BANNED

Hyundai i10 (first gen).
Remember how the beige reflected off the windscreen, making it driving a handful.
I think a forum member even had the top of the dashboard wrapped in matte black
HyperRetard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 14:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

Out of the cars I have seen, it has to be the Honda Economy models like - Jazz First Gen, Brio (supposed to be a premium hatch)
Old 9th May 2019, 14:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Micra dashboard. The center console appears like a Frog is looking at me.
Attached Thumbnails
What's your least favourite interior of all time?-frogscuteanimalsittingcartoonvector19752408.jpg  

What's your least favourite interior of all time?-nissan_micra_dashboard.jpg  

Last edited by tushky : 9th May 2019 at 14:38.
tushky is offline   (120) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 14:32   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

So least favorite can be broken down into various categories for me.

1) Design: Where there are vehicles like the Etios which have a really ugly dash. After having owned both the Liva and the Etios - the ergonomics were spot on, but the dash left a lot to be desired in terms of design. I am also not a big fan of the floating dashboard designs too.

2) Ergonomics & Comfort: Of the cars I have driven and owned - Indica/go, Linea, etc. weren't the best. Back pain, ankle pain, switches a little further than ideal etc.
Heck, I'd go so far as saying the first Gen Octy in India can be on this list too - especially after Skoda thought it would be smart to limit the front seat travel for the sake of rear passengers leg space. I could never get enough space in the driver's seat for a long relaxed journey without doing a multitude of adjustments.

3) Small annoying build quality quirks - I don't want to get into rattles, squeaks, creaks, etc. because lets face it - all cars rattle given our road conditions. Yes some like Maruti rattle more than say Hyundai / Toyota etc.
But some cars had this ability to give users a free wax session - Yes Hyundai, I am talking about the old Verna & Getz, with it's sticky dash. BMW - don't think we don't see you smirking in the corner, it is highly embarrassing to have a friend point out the sticky door handles on the E90/F30 and compare it to their old Hyundai.

Last edited by lamborghini : 9th May 2019 at 14:33.
lamborghini is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 14:34   #13
AYP
Senior - BHPian

The interiors of the pre-facelift Brio/Amaze and the Mobilio tops it for me. Actually they made many people appreciate the cabin of the Swifts, Ertigas and the Ritz of that time.

This would be followed by the interiors of the Etios twins which when launched made the cabin of the 1st gen Dzire and the Swift look 'premium'.
Old 9th May 2019, 15:09   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
My pick would be the interior of pre face lift version of Amaze/Brio and Mobilio. Simply drab at that price point.
I was going to mention the same, but you beat me to the post. Despite owning the Brio, I have never liked the dash. Never.
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 15:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

All the suggestions are valid. Regarding GTO's comments on the Punto/Linea twins.. ouch!! When it came to aesthetics there isn't majorly wrong in there, but yes agree on the ergonomics.
I am surprised Duster has not been mentioned yet, I absolutely detest the interiors of that car.
hiren.mistry is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks