Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2021, 09:52   #256
BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Wouldn't this easily reach XUV700's starting price with all the features? Or will Scorpio start at least a lakh or 1.5L below XUV700? because if they have a similar starting price , i doubt if people will prefer the Scorpio over the XUV700.

On another note : the Scorpio has gone all Angelina Jolie from a Dwayne Johnson. More curvy.
callmeneo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 09:53   #257
Senior - BHPian

Considering XUV700 starts at 11.99 lakhs, should we expect the new Scorpio starting from 9.99 lakhs?
Old 27th August 2021, 09:59   #258
Senior - BHPian

I think Scorpio will be placed higher than or on par with XUV700 variants. Scorpio is supposed to come with proper 4x4 hardware like Thar on a body on frame construction. There is no way it is going to be cheaper than XUV700.

Also, Scorpio is a much more valuable brand than XUV500 and 700. My personal wish is for Scorpio to be placed as the Alturas replacement in the 20-30L bracket. It has the potential to do everything that Fortuner can do at 60 percent of Fortuner price. All the reliability argument that goes in favor of Fortuner will disappear if there is a 40 pc price difference and a powerful brand like Scorpio.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 27th August 2021 at 10:03.
padmrajravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 10:09   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Mahindra Scorpio Automatic 7-seater variant interiors spied.
Attachment 2198570
It doesn't seem to have the space for the 4x4 transfer case shifter around the auto shifter lever. Even in a MT, don't think this will change.

Isn't the Scorpio getting 4x4? Or will it be part-time or all-time AWD with electronic 4H/ 4L?
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 11:02   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Also, Scorpio is a much more valuable brand than XUV500 and 700. My personal wish is for Scorpio to be placed as the Alturas replacement in the 20-30L bracket.
I thought I was crazy for imagining that. Nice of you to share these thoughts.

Quote:
It has the potential to do everything that Fortuner can do at 60 percent of Fortuner price.
On top of that interior seems much more inspired by Land Cruiser. I for one, wouldn't mind paying extra for the new Scorpio over XUV. Had hopes from Safari/Harrier for AWD/4x4 but now all eyes are on Scorpio. Though I would really love a full panaromic sunroof. :
ralto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 12:00   #261
BHPian

Front & rear boxy looks - Good.
Dual zone climate control - Great.
Sony Surround sound system - I love it.
Sunroof - Good, but I don't mind, "not" having one.
Rear wheel drive - Awesome, I have always preferred this over FWDs for its ruggedness (the only reason I have my consideration open for this BoF over the XUV700)
3rd row bench seat that is wide enough to seat 3 (forget legroom) - Voila, This is a must for me who wants to carry a family of 4 adults, a kid and a large size German Shepherd Dog.

Automatic Transmission - Here, take my money!

But Mahindra, I hope you don't forget to provide 3rd row A/C vents this time. My dog Aadi hates the 3rd row only for this reason. He has already spent 10 years of his life in your 2010 Scorpio SLE and always wants to jump over to the 2nd row. Give him a more happier and cool next 2-3 years.
msarunms1987 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 17:04   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Considering XUV700 starts at 11.99 lakhs, should we expect the new Scorpio starting from 9.99 lakhs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Wouldn't this easily reach XUV700's starting price with all the features? Or will Scorpio start at least a lakh or 1.5L below XUV700? because if they have a similar starting price , i doubt if people will prefer the Scorpio over the XUV700.

On another note : the Scorpio has gone all Angelina Jolie from a Dwayne Johnson. More curvy.
Scorpio is planned for MAR-APR'22 release. By that time XUV7OO prices will be revised at least once and I believe the price rise will be significant which provides enough space to launch Scorpio with a competitive introductory price.

Highly unlikely that Scorpio will be launched below 10L. But who knows Mahindra can shock us like they did for XUV7OO.

Last edited by bwildrd#1 : 27th August 2021 at 17:06.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 17:07   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Great that the Scorpio also gets the Sony music system!!!

Not sure if this is the top-end variant or not, but the instrument cluster sure looks good. Hope that the middle area between the two analogue dials is a digital cockpit like display.

One pet peeve of mine is the grab handles placed in the A-pillar. There were many test mules with grab handles on the passenger side, but none on the driver side. Ofcourse, the driver can use the steering wheel to haul himself in, but c'mon!!! Curtain airbags limitations are a flimsy excuse. BoF SUVs with 5 star crash ratings have A-pillar grab handles on both sides.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 18:02   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
Scorpio is planned for MAR-APR'22 release. By that time XUV7OO prices will be revised at least once and I believe the price rise will be significant which provides enough space to launch Scorpio with a competitive introductory price.

Highly unlikely that Scorpio will be launched below 10L. But who knows Mahindra can shock us like they did for XUV7OO.
But people will remember the introductory price and expect some similar 'shock treatment'
Old 28th August 2021, 14:42   #265
BHPian

Placing Scorpio above Xuv700 doesnt sound that absurd when you think that the gap between Xuv and 3 door thar can be filled up by the (rumoured?) Thar 5 door. For rural and sub-urban customers the new Bolero is already there.

If Mahindra is able to pull that off then we could finally have someone capable enough to dent the unshakable run that Fortuner is having.
Old 29th August 2021, 13:21   #266
Senior - BHPian

Have seen their test mules few times, road presence and interior space are going to be this car's biggest USP. It was almost as tall as the old Safari if not taller!

This will be a better bet for someone who doesn't want the tech loaded XUV7OO.

Expecting the base Diesel's price to be on par with XUV7OO'S base petrol.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 29th August 2021 at 13:22.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 13:49   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Have seen their test mules few times, road presence and interior space are going to be this car's biggest USP. It was almost as tall as the old Safari if not taller!
How does the length compare against the current Scorpio? Also against the likes of XUV 7OO and Safari?
Old 29th August 2021, 14:30   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
How does the length compare against the current Scorpio? Also against the likes of XUV 7OO and Safari?
Not sure about XUV 7OO, but no competition between the current gen Scorpio, new one will be much longer! Length is slightly harder to judge on the move.
Old 30th August 2021, 10:04   #269
Senior - BHPian

Few more spy pics from Instagram, wheelbase looks long and so does the overhang!
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_20210830_100230.jpg  

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_20210830_100243.jpg  

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_20210830_100216.jpg  

giri1.8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:25   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Not sure about XUV 7OO, but no competition between the current gen Scorpio, new one will be much longer! Length is slightly harder to judge on the move.
In this video it appears as tall or more than the current Scorpio, which is the tallest vehicle of its kind. But there was a reason for that bump on the roof - very usable side facing rear jump seats. The current version seems to be having forward facing seat, so no need for being that tall towards the rear end.

But that is just a video, guess we`ll have to wait for it. Space should not be a problem, hope the price is spot on.

Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks