Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2022, 06:59   #1876
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
To all those who are considering Scorpio N, when you test drive, PLEASE get some passengers in your middle row and get their sign off as well. Scorpio being Scorpio, whatever bells and whistles may be there, the Achilles heel could be the middle row comfort. There is no doubt of this vehicle performance when you are the driver and sit in the drivers seat, that is a done deal. The real test is for the middle row comfort IMHO. Again, subjective, not everyone would feel the same. Don't just fall for all this marketing jazz and fancy stuffs. So, get your family in there, climb some humps, go over some pot holes and take some turns, and check if you see smile on their face. .
I'm glad that someone called that out - same thing happened to me with XUV500. Was great specs and I was already sold before driving one. The test drive had served to reinforce my confirmation bias and I stepped out grinning about an impending great purchase but only to notice an indifferent wife who was seated in the second row. We did a second drive with me in the second row and that was it - never bought it.
airguitar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 07:32   #1877
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Mahindra Scorpio-N 4x4 new video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Ironically, the 4Xplorer monogram is absent in the black scorpion, which then means its a 4x2 one, and that makes me curious why it was chosen for off-road drive, that too, on mud and slush, where it is bound to fail.

Attachment 2327147
You are correct in your observation iTNerd. Me and Omkar were present there and we both were wondering as to why were they doing this with a 2WD ScorpioN? We did not go and check if it was a 4X2 or 4X4, but since only the rear wheels were in action, it is only fair to assume. Maybe creating sensation for views? Even the comments on that particular video have roasted the uploader.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 08:44   #1878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Ironically, the 4Xplorer monogram is absent in the black scorpion, which then means its a 4x2 one, and that makes me curious why it was chosen for off-road drive, that too, on mud and slush, where it is bound to fail. Another pointer to being 4x2 is if you watch closely on both cars, only the rear wheels are spinning, whereas, in 4x4, all of the wheels should spin, considering all the wheels are covered in mud.

Attachment 2327147
I was there at the media drive and yes the Scorpio N you see there is a 2wd. This part of the video was shot in the parking lot where all the media drive cars were parked. All the cars used for the drive were 4x2. There was a separate set of Scorpio Ns for the off-roading exercise.

It rained heavily in the afternoon and the parking lot got filled with slush. Many cars were being pushed out and towed including the one i was driving.

In short, that video portion is not from the off-road track but from the parking lot at the off-roading venue.
Dippy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 09:22   #1879
Senior - BHPian

I think Mahindra should share a link to this video to their potential customers, split folding seats should have made things easier.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_20220630_091812.jpg  

giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 09:30   #1880
Senior - BHPian

A glimpse of the All-New Scorpio-N unveil in South Africa and Nepal.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220630_092915.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220630_092917.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220630_092920.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220630_093107.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220630_093109.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220630_093214.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220630_093219.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 30th June 2022 at 09:34.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 09:36   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I totally vouch for auto dimming IRVM being an essential feature, more so in car of this segment. I have this on my 12+ year old Pajero, and got so used to the convenience that when I had to manually flip it on my other car, it felt strange. In India, where people drive with high beams on most of the time, an auto dimming IRVM makes a much more stronger case for itself.
Agreed. Some features move from good to have to must have (Like ABS, EBD).
7 years back, When I moved from Santro to Ciaz, thought auto dimming IVRM, reverse parking sensors, reverse parking camera are not of much use (Call me Stuip, I thought manual way is sufficient). Now, I feel scary to reverse my brother's Alto which doesnt have reverse assistance and in the night, always feel vulnerable with the regular IVRM.
sathya_g_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 09:55   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
My case is more confusing. I am a Scorpio owner for seven years which I bought post not so good experience with my first generation XUV 500. So my first love lies with Scorpio N.
I booked an XUV 700 AX7 Luxury on the launch day and got call from dealer on 7th this month that I can take the delivery. But now I’m waiting for the big daddyr./B]
Firstly, XUV is much more advanced and too good to resist with Modern interiors.
Secondly, Scorpio N is nothing but a combination of XUV 500 & Scorpio, which I don't think makes any sense to shell out premium. I think it's overpriced by atleast 1 Lac.
Thirdly, if you are getting XUV 700 AX7 at launch price, then don't even think of loosing it. If still not interested in buying it, transfer your booking to me, I would be Thankful
oops is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 10:02   #1883
BHPian

Mahindra, please reconsider inclusion of auto IRVM !! We need such features more than having leather dashboard.

I know it's a bit to do with semi-conductor shortage, but kindly include as soon as managable.

I am not bashing Mahindra here. Mahindra listens to feedback, so I am making a request. Most other manufacturers are hopeless in this regard.

Here I why I insist on IRVM being a must have safety feature.

"High beam epidemic of India"

Source : Biturbo Media, Youtube.

Mod Note: Our Mahindra Scorpio-N Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 30th June 2022 at 10:08. Reason: Link to review added
Indepth is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks