Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 14:50   #1726
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
I am also deciding between Scorpio Z8 Petrol AT and XUV700 AX5 Petrol AT that I have already booked.

Any ideas that help to decide will be welcome !!
First of all, both are state-of-the-art products. One can't go wrong choosing any one of these.

My 2 cents on basic products, with no due regard to features/variants :

1. XUV is/looks premium, ScorpioN Is rugged and supposedly more durable.

2. XUV shall ride better on road, despite the fact that, with so many advancements, ScorpioN should be no less.(T-BHP review awaited).

3. ScorpioN shall have better road presence, but XUV will turn more heads.

4. ScorpioN design shall age better.

5. As of now, XUV is safer bet to buy, since ScorpioN shall have initial niggles for sure.

6. ScorpioN prices being introductory shall go North in no time, XUV prices have stabilised.

I will choose/suggest a ScorpioN, although XUV ain't completely ruled out yet.
I think it is the SCORPIO brand which tilts the balance for me.

Last edited by Indepth : 28th June 2022 at 14:53. Reason: Added words to point 1
Indepth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 14:56   #1727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by careind View Post
Inference 1 - Are we taking about the bench seat and not the captain seats?
It is the bench seat which gets reclining function. Not sure about captain seat.
3rd bench stick vertically to the backside of 2nd bench generating flat boot space. It was my understanding after watching the vedio.
Old 28th June 2022, 14:58   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by careind View Post

How comfortable is the middle row bench?
I currently drive a Compass. And the Scorpio's is much better. Comparable to the XUV700. Space is not an issue - both in terms of headroom and legroom. Taller passengers would feel comfortable.
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 15:00   #1729
BHPian

Are we going to get real world mileage of the vehicle before booking date, from the reviews being done?
Old 28th June 2022, 15:01   #1730
BHPian

Looking at the offering, 25000 bookings will come from Delhi/NCR itself by this weekend.

This will definitely affect Harrier/Safari twins.

Now, let's see how the Hyryder positions itself.
low_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 15:02   #1731
BHPian

This is why I like Sirish so much!

Mahindra has an embargo on auto journalists giving "opnions". But Sirish is so visibly excited that he starts giving his opinions, realizes it halfway thought the video, doesn't care, says "what the hell" and continues to do to anyway. He truly has petrol running though his veins .
lordrayden is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 15:04   #1732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indepth View Post
F1. XUV is/looks premium, ScorpioN Is rugged and supposedly more durable.

2. XUV shall ride better on road, despite the fact that, with so many advancements, ScorpioN should be no less.(T-BHP review awaited).

3. ScorpioN shall have better road presence, but XUV will turn more heads.

4. ScorpioN design shall age better.

5. As of now, XUV is safer bet to buy, since ScorpioN shall have initial niggles for sure.

6. ScorpioN prices being introductory shall go North in no time, XUV prices have stabilised.
Point no.1 (1st part),3 and4 are subjective i think
Point no.2 and 5: I agree with
Point no.6 should be applicable across all products. But discounting could be used to push a particular model.

I also own a Scorpio for last 13 years and vouch for it but cant get myself to back new Scorpio enough to buy it over XUV700 yet . Ofcourse TBHP review could change all of that

Last edited by Aditya : 28th June 2022 at 16:57. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 15:10   #1733
Distinguished - BHPian

Sirish Chandran is impressed by the handling of the new Scorpio.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-ecf0ddbca42848c494de0d3327897d7e.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfVlB...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Scorpio N with 17-inch alloys

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2ee350d65b604c1ba76e81dff6d54ee0.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 28th June 2022 at 15:35.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 15:11   #1734
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
I am also deciding between Scorpio Z8 Petrol AT and XUV700 AX5 Petrol AT that I have already booked. New Scorpio is 200-300 kgs heavier than XUV700 but my annual running wont exceed 2000 kms so fuel efficiency shouldn't be a major problem. I generally keep vehicles for 10-15 years so prefer comfort and durability over tech.

Any ideas that help to decide will be welcome !!
I am practically in the same situation, confused between the AX5 diesel MT and the Z8 diesel MT. The main deciding factors will be the ride and handling. Despite its size, I found the XUV to have a car-like feel during my test drives. But I doubt that the ScorpioN will have the same characteristics, plus the added weight and reduced power figures will lead to lower performance and mileage.

What ScorpioN has in its favour is its RWD and better stance. Also, it looks more mature as compared to the funky (but awesome) looking XUV700.

Last edited by sbm : 28th June 2022 at 15:14.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 15:14   #1735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Mahindra has an embargo on auto journalists giving "opnions". But Sirish is so visibly excited that he starts giving his opinions, realizes it halfway thought the video, doesn't care, says "what the hell" and continues to do to anyway. He truly has petrol running though his veins .
Exactly, I almost bought myself a Force Gurkha, after watching his review video multiple times.

This guy is a like the definition of a petrolhead, I mean at least the excitement part. Absolutely love this guy for what he does, making the smitten ones fall in love with cars!!
Indepth is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 15:14   #1736
BHPian

Pardon my image editing on mobile apps, but wanted to see how the ScorpioN looks without the chrome strip on the hood and silver inserts on the headlamps.
Looks more butch and aggressive with body colour instead of chrome in my opinion.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628150144913.jpg Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628150603669.jpg
Knightrider is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 15:17   #1737
MMV
BHPian

After reading through all the posts in this and related threads, I could not resist to register for TD (on company website). Surprised to a get call back immediately and the person at the other end was very informed and had good energy levels to maintain the conversation.

The person who called based on TD enquiry made few polite queries about me (car , age etc) the flow of queries will make one understand the thought process and time invested for all this process.

They promised to pass on the lead to dealer and schedule it once TD starts (July 5).
Mahindra is leaving no stone unturned with this launch.
MMV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 15:27   #1738
BHPian

Quote:

I am not sure. If anything, Mahindra will be looking to increase XUV7OO prices more now. They now have a different product (read Scorpio-N) to cater to lower price points. Additionally, they now have a reference point with in their portfolio to showcase the value (through ADAS and other comforts). To maintain the flag-ship status, Mahindra will maintain a positioning (more thru profitability internally and that drives pricing) vs. Scorpio N
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 15:52   #1739
Senior - BHPian

A quick point. It seems that the weight of the Scorpion is being assumed to be higher than it is. In passing Velu had mentioned it to be 1900kgs, as a sort of generalisation. He didn't mention petrol or diesel. IIRC the XUV700 is about 1742kgs for petrol (Mahindra XUV700 Review) and maybe about 1800kgs for Diesel.

Scorpion vs XUV700: The hit on FE due to weight might not be huge. Aerodynamics being worse is likely to influence more: the A pillar angle is closer to vertical in the Scorpion; further, will also have more wind resistance due to a greater height and width. The diesel being detuned would favour FE.

Last edited by Poitive : 28th June 2022 at 16:03. Reason: Added height and width point, added weight link and corrected 1730 tov1742kgs
Poitive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 15:54   #1740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Z8 is minimum for me, primarily due to 6 airbags. This makes me think though. 6 airbags to become mandatory from October and deliveries of SCORPION will start around same time. So what's the use of announcing Z2, Z4, Z6 without 6 airbags now? Am I missing something here?

The 6 airbag rule is still in draft stage and with Bharat NCAP now being announced, it is unlikely to see the light of day. Even if it does, it will be 1-2 years till it becomes effective.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks