Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 12:58   #1711
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
The 3rd row bench not folding down completely and eating into the boot space is a bit concerning. I'll wait for the reviews to get more details.
Kindly check out the 'MotorOctane' review on YouTube, they have demonstrated that the third row folds completely out of the way. It is not split like the Innova or Fortuner and does not fold up sideways, its like the Qualis, 2 folds and its against the middle seat back-rest. The boot with the third row in place is small though
TheARUN is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 13:06   #1712

Anyone else thinks this version should have a pickup-truck variant with the 4wd? I am sure someone will do it after-market anyway but a factory variant (maybe in the future) will be a drool worthy machine for sure

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th June 2022 at 13:07. Reason: Please close the sentence with a full stop.
trishulpani is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 13:07   #1713
Senior - BHPian

All New Mahindra Scorpio-N media drive reviews drops on 30th June.

More pictures

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220628125022_instagram.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220628125030_instagram.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220628125039_instagram.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220628125047_instagram.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220628125056_instagram.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220628125107_instagram.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220628125116_instagram.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220628125124_instagram.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220628125133_instagram.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220628125152_instagram.jpg

Source : Autocar India

Last edited by Venkatesh : 28th June 2022 at 13:08.
Venkatesh is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 13:15   #1714
BHPian

Was just wondering if someone had information about the kind of audio on Z8 variant. The Z8L has a 12 speaker Sony surround but are the slots for all those speakers and 2 channel sub-woofers left open on the Z8 variant or just not provided at all? Is it possible to do any audio upgrade in those slots with speakers and sub of your choice? Or its simply not possible?

Last edited by jagzrk : 28th June 2022 at 13:24. Reason: correction sub not amp
Old 28th June 2022, 13:34   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Just checked the car in person and came back from the dealer's.
I think this will sell like hot cakes. I could not spend a lot of time with the car because of several people wanting to look at the car. Here are a few points that I would like to share:

a) The car is bigger than Scorpio classic
b) The front is imposing. I loved the front look
c) The leather seats are comfortable and plush.
d) Interior space: I felt this has more 3rd row space than the XUV700
e) 18 inchers look great on this car
f) There is room for a tyre upgrade - if you wanted a larger profile for offroad tyres
g) The sunroof is not huge but will do the job
h) The infotainment system looks a tad old fashioned - kinda like the XUV500 - surely not a dealbreaker
i) The cabin is spacious and airy
j) The 2nd row seats are comfortable: almost outta the XUV700
k) I booked the car - expected delivery around Dussehra in October
I was not able to get even my eyes on the new Scorpio N in the flesh as the nearest dealership didnt have any.

How comfortable is the middle row bench? I infer that they cannot be retracted nor reclined. Added to that, the 3rd row is not a 50:50 split unit and does not offer flat boot space but can be tumbled.
Makes it difficult to think of it as a cruiser.
careind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 13:51   #1716
BHPian

Did a personal analysis on the pricing, in order to finalise on a variant for booking.

Z8 is minimum for me, primarily due to 6 airbags. This makes me think though. 6 airbags to become mandatory from October and deliveries of SCORPION will start around same time. So what's the use of announcing Z2, Z4, Z6 without 6 airbags now? Am I missing something here?

Coming back to the analysis, Z8L premium is just exorbitant over the Z8. It will certainly amount to 2.5 to 3 lakh on road (depending upon engine type, transmission, 2WD/4WD drivetrain, region).

And what I get for the extra money -
1. Sony speaker system with subwoofer.
2. Powered driver seat.
3. DDDS.
4. Front Parking sensor / camera.

And, that is all!! All of this is worth 1lakh premium max (my opinions, no offence)

So, Z8L makes no sense for me, unless I really need these features,I don't !!

Regarding powertrain, I can't resist the 200HP mStallion for several reasons :

1. Significantly more powerful than the diesel workhorse. Cabin should be more silent too.

2. Although ex-showroom price difference is just 50K (diesel vs petrol), on-road jumps to about 1.3 lakh due to difference in registration charges between petrol/diesel in my state.

3. Diesel dilemma !! Following Delhi footsteps, Chandigarh is expected to ban diesel vehicles > 10 year old (I stay in Mohali)

4. I always prefer innovation over reliability. Mstallion being the latest offering, so supposedly more technically advanced.

5. I own a remapped Polo GT TSI. Quite habitual of leaving other cars in dust at traffic lights. Won't be much happy being given taste of my own medicine, especially by the new VW 1.5 TSI vehicles. Terrible reason, I know.

6. This will be my add-on vehicle. Current annual running is 10K. With 2 vehicles it will be max 8K for this one. So fuel expenses not much of a concern (Anyway it doesn't matter much once you spend upward of 20 lakh on a vehicle, I guess!!)

7. I don't off-road. Not in my car at least. So again, won't miss a diesel (the usual enthusiasts pick).

With the powertrain and variant sorted, choosing a transmission was a no brainer for me. I drive an automatic since last 6 years. Can't imagine myself going back to manuals.

With all sorted, variant of choice is Z8 2WD - PETROL AT. Expected introductory price is 18.75 lakh ex-showroom. (assuming a 1.75 lakh premium for AT, as seen in XUV)

That should translate to about 21.1 lakh on road in Mohali (with insurance from outside). ABSOLUTELY VFM!!
I am booking one without any second thoughts.

I booked a Thar last year, cancelled it upon allotment.
So happy I did the right thing!!

Last edited by Indepth : 28th June 2022 at 13:55. Reason: sentence correction
Indepth is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 14:06   #1717
BHPian

Volvo called, the want their Tail-lamps back

Jokes apart, Mahindra are gonna laugh all the way to the bank with this one. Got the right proportions which matters immensely in our country. I only wish the AC vents in the centre console had a different shape. Right now, it looks too much like the old XUV500...

Expect those who are going for the 200BHp petrol to be thrilled with the acceleration initially, but start cribbing majorly about the single digit fuel efficiency once it bites them

Great Job Mahindra. Tata definitely will feel the heat (the Harrier / Safari need a quick interior and infotainment update - similar to the Compass).
loki is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 14:07   #1718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indepth View Post
I booked a Thar last year, cancelled it upon allotment.
So happy I did the right thing!!
What's the gear box in your AT? TC, or DCT

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th June 2022 at 16:56. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post as it inconveniences small screen users.
Old 28th June 2022, 14:07   #1719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
198 BHP RWD BoF SUB With ESC,Hill Hold, CarPlay, Android Auto at 13.49L ��
I don’t need sunroof in Delhi either way, and we can get aftermarket alloys.
Looks like my next Vehicle is decided !
If you are referring to Z4, then I dont think it comes with ESC, Hill Hold or Hill Descent control in the manual version. This is a big disappointment for me, since otherwise the Z4 Petrol MT would have been a perfect choice for me. Prices of AT variants have not been disclosed yet, but expect to be 2L above the MT. So you are realistically looking at 15.5L for these features in my view.

I have resigned to the fact that there is not perfect package, ever from any manufacturer. The closest I thought was Carens for a budget conscious buyer looking for some moderate amounts of goodies and safety features. And yet, it disappointed with an underwhelming 3* in the crash tests.

Scorpion N looked very promising and it is for many reasons, but if you look closer you will find their feature distribution weird. Like the ones mentioned above for Z4 which are only reseved for AT. But why?
And then no petrol option for Z6. But why?
And then no 3rd row split. But why? How difficult was it for Mahindra to provide these on top of everything else they are offering?

Has anyone had a chance to experience the 3rd row space? Some have commented that it 'looks' cramped but others have said it is better than XUV and even Safari. I am also concerned about luggage space with even 6 passengers. The spare 7th seat will need to be used for luggage which is not ideal. But even with 3rd row fully folded away, I guess it will use up a significant amount of space in the boot.

Anyhow, will wait for the review to be out. I am not cancelling my Carens booking just yet!
akannath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 14:14   #1720
BHPian

Haha! Pricing is the king in India, makes or breaks a car. Even on this thread, till literally like a minute before price reveal, there were posts expressing disappointment (see page 105) and then BOOM! Gush of adulation �� Kudos to Mahindra for reading the room well- wish the Scorpio-N all the success.

Last edited by Vitalstatistiks : 28th June 2022 at 14:15.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 14:18   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indepth View Post
Did a personal analysis on the pricing, in order to finalise on a variant for booking. With all sorted, variant of choice is Z8 2WD - PETROL AT. Expected introductory price is 18.75 lakh ex-showroom. (assuming a 1.75 lakh premium for AT, as seen in XUV)
I am also deciding between Scorpio Z8 Petrol AT and XUV700 AX5 Petrol AT that I have already booked. New Scorpio is 200-300 kgs heavier than XUV700 but my annual running wont exceed 2000 kms so fuel efficiency shouldn't be a major problem. I generally keep vehicles for 10-15 years so prefer comfort and durability over tech.

Any ideas that help to decide will be welcome !!

Last edited by JKBKS : 28th June 2022 at 14:20.
Old 28th June 2022, 14:20   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by careind View Post
I infer that they cannot be retracted nor reclined. Added to that, the 3rd row is not a 50:50 split unit and does not offer flat boot space but can be tumbled.
Makes it difficult to think of it as a cruiser.
Both of your inference are not actually correct. As observed in many youtube walk-arounds, middle seat has recline option (not sure from which variant it has though) and the 3rd bench can be tumbled from backside in totality and will stick to the backside of middle row generating flat boot.
Old 28th June 2022, 14:26   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Ground clearance if at 187 mm seems low for a 4X4
Having climbed up in the car, i can vouch it is artificially kept low with some flap etc. while practical unladen will be close to 220 mm. It is done to be in lower tax bracket. Even current Scorpio Classic has 180 mm as defined GC
Watch this video where practical demonstration reveals it as 225 mm.

I can confidently say GC should be least of concern.
Bluebird_7 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 14:27   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Kindly check out the 'MotorOctane' review on YouTube, they have demonstrated that the third row folds completely out of the way. It is not split like the Innova or Fortuner and does not fold up sideways, its like the Qualis, 2 folds and its against the middle seat back-rest. The boot with the third row in place is small though
Yes, the 3rd row can be tucked away leaving a much diminished boot space though. But manageable for 5 passengers I guess.

What caught my attention more is when he sat in the 3rd row with a very knees up position. He is 6ft but even so it looks like it will be uncomfortable for adults above 5 ' 9" over longer journeys. Not in the league of Carens in my view. But again, waiting for detailed review here before concluding.
akannath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 14:37   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinmech View Post
Both of your inference are not actually correct. As observed in many Youtube walk-arounds, middle seat has recline option (not sure from which variant it has though) and the 3rd bench can be tumbled from backside in totality and will stick to the backside of middle row generating flat boot.
If that were the case, I am happy to be proven wrong.
Inference 1 - Are we taking about the bench seat and not the captain seats?
Inference 2 - “but can be tumbled” was supposed to mean it tumbles. I meant no flat boot when folded, like most of the competition.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks