Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 23:13   #1786
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunjain View Post
There is a lot of slipping and sliding happening in all the videos that are coming out from the media drives. I am not sure if it makes the car look good or bad - sort of makes the car look unstable,
While there is ESP in the vehicle, but it is visibly skidding on wet mud. Besides ESP, What is actual mechanism to restrict skidding in 4x4 mechanism?
Old 28th June 2022, 23:19   #1787
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is a lot of slipping and sliding happening in all the videos that are coming out from the media drives. I am not sure if it makes the car look good or bad - sort of makes the car look unstable, isn't it?
No, that is perfectly fine. That would happen in any 4WD car in such a track. 4WD doesn't make SUV slip-proof, it just gives much higher chance of making it out.
Samurai is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 23:29   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
No, that is perfectly fine. That would happen in any 4WD car in such a track. 4WD doesn't make SUV slip-proof, it just gives much higher chance of making it out.
I thought so. That's why was wondering if the rainy season is just making the car "look" bad while it must actually be doing as good as any other car would. I doubt the tracks were intentionally this slushy.
Old 28th June 2022, 23:38   #1789
BHPian

Genuinely impressed in this video with how effortlessly the Scorpio manages to eat the obstacles.
srivatsahg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 23:42   #1790
Senior - BHPian

An action packed day with the new Scorpio-N.

Quote:
Off the road or on it, the All-New Scorpio-N commands every terrain.
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_233943.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_233945.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_233947.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_233950.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_233935.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_233929.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_233931.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_233933.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 28th June 2022 at 23:47.
Venkatesh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 00:02   #1791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a lot of slipping and sliding happening in all the videos that are coming out from the media drives. I am not sure if it makes the car look good or bad ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinmech View Post
While there is ESP in the vehicle, but it is visibly skidding on wet mud.
The way the vehicle continued its forward movement without getting bogged down in that extremely slippery slush is quite impressive.

ESP would be effective at higher speeds during loss of traction to maintain the intended trajectory of the vehicle by selective braking or controlling torque to the wheels.

In this case, the vehicle is moving very slow and the slush covered tyres have almost completely lost traction and this would make any SUV skid and slide.
How the Scorpio-N maintained adequate traction in this situation gives it good credibility as a 4x4 SUV.
TCS would be at play here to prevent unnecessary wheel spin in the slush. Good wheel articulation too.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 29th June 2022 at 00:20.
for_cars1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 00:11   #1792
BHPian

Cheapest Cars with 2 ltr turbo petrol engines !!

To be fair (AT) models only picked.
Ex-showroom prices -

1. ScorpioN -15.25 lakh (Expected Z4 AT price).
2. Thar - 15.67 lakh.
3. XUV700 - 16.84 lakh.

4. Octavia - 26.85 lakh.
5. Tiguan - 32.80 lakh.
6. Superb - 32.85 lakh.
7. Kodiaq - 36.00 lakh.

And then these foreign manufacturers claim India is very price sensitive market. Look at their prices?
No matter how I try to look, the pricing of 4/5/6/7 doesn't hold a chance against the Mahindra trio for sheer value.

I think sometimes we forget to thank our home grown Indian brands, for providing us with what we deserve.

I know it's business but nothing wrong in appreciating.
Indepth is offline   (61) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 00:48   #1793
BHPian

Large part of slip and slide is also attributable to the stock tyres. My thought was to use the tyres for sometime before moving to BF but looking at these videos maybe better option is to exchange it when new.
Old 29th June 2022, 01:18   #1794
Senior - BHPian

The first Scorpio reminded me of a Soviet era contraption but this Scorpio-n is alright. Especially the rear, which i was not particularly looking forward to. But it looks nice. Why are there so many variants though?.
Old 29th June 2022, 02:26   #1795
BHPian

My own little layman review for XUV7OO versus Scorpio N:

1) Front seats
7OO: 95/100
Scorpio N: 90/100

2) 2nd Row
7OO: 75/100
Scorpio N: 95/100

3) 3rd Row
7OO: 2 children 5-7 years
Scorpio N: 2 Children 10-12 Years

4) Major design flaw of 3rd Row. No split given also it entirely tumbles forward making the boot half as itself occupies the boot. So either 6/7 travellers with no luggage or 5 travellers with ok luggage. Roof carrier a must if 6/7 people touring together.

5) Z8L charging a premium of 2 Lakhs over Z8 for Sony speaker/ Driver power seat (no memory or no welcoming function)/ Front camera is too much.

AT might be priced a 1.5 Lakhs above than what i expected.

All in all if I wish to rate both products.
7OO: A tech laden crossover good for travels and more practical but not as robust as Scorpio N 95/100
Scorpio N: A major leap in the generation. Proper SUV with good on and off tarmac capabilities 90/100

If I would have gotten price protection for both I would have gone for XUV700 AX7L just for the reason of flawed ScorpioN's 3rd row.

Anyways now everything depends on the drive quality and handling once test drives start. If Scorpio N is nearer to XUV700 than will opt for it and travel removing the 3rd row. After all RWD BOF is always superior to FWD monocoque IMO.

Last edited by SportsMedicine : 29th June 2022 at 02:28. Reason: spacing.
SportsMedicine is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 03:40   #1796
BHPian

Check the video to see a close up of most of the colours in an outdoor setting.
akannath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 06:50   #1797
BHPian

Name:  73958AF3711A48DB9F18BA78CA1A0208.jpeg
Views: 762
Size:  33.7 KB

What about the Getaway? Any news on that? Will it still be based on the previous gen Scorpio or what? Either way, it suits the look much better than the current one, which looks silly and foolish from the front (my own opinion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indepth View Post
Cheapest Cars with 2 ltr turbo petrol engines !!

To be fair (AT) models only picked.
Ex-showroom prices -

1. ScorpioN -15.25 lakh (Expected Z4 AT price).
2. Thar - 15.67 lakh.
3. XUV700 - 16.84 lakh.

4. Octavia - 26.85 lakh.
5. Tiguan - 32.80 lakh.
6. Superb - 32.85 lakh.
7. Kodiaq - 36.00 lakh.

And then these foreign manufacturers claim India is very price sensitive market. Look at their prices?
No matter how I try to look, the pricing of 4/5/6/7 doesn't hold a chance against the Mahindra trio for sheer value.

I think sometimes we forget to thank our home grown Indian brands, for providing us with what we deserve.

I know it's business but nothing wrong in appreciating.
I kind of see the sentiment, but what’s your point here? Are you really comparing the Scorpio with a Superb and its family with similarly derived engines? Or would you like a V6 Octavia or Superb in 2022? The reason why this isn’t the case goes without saying. We know why car prices have shot up. I can show you a hundred more examples where larger engines in smaller (segment) cars isn’t necessarily (and obviously) >> similar capacity engines in larger cars.

The Scorpio’s engine has only gotten smaller with time, what with the vanishing Diesel engine and stricter emission norms and all, while the Octavia (which was the closest in price to the Scorpio at one point of time) has only gotten bigger, engine wise. And much more refined and quicker. The Scorpio is a totally different car, utility wise. No sense in drawing such parallels.

Mods: Please correct B2B post if necessary.

Last edited by vb-saan : 29th June 2022 at 07:55. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thank you!
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 07:55   #1798
BHPian

Well, fab car! They sure know the pulse of the section of car buyers they target. Stunning looks both in green and black. As with most other "7 seaters" the third row is a kid row. But the tech specs are simply fab. As someone that booked the thar [ See https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...nsmission.html (Want to buy a 4x4 SUV with manual transmission) ], it's been a difficult few days thinking if I should cancel or stick to the thar given the following reasons

> Scorp-N could potentially replace my existing Creta + my need for a 4X4 - so just one car overall
> Better tuned engine of the Scorp-N, better second row, better bootspace with last row folded

Not that I didn't expect or know that the Scorp N was coming and that it would have all that I needed.

However, I'm deciding to stick to the thar as a second car given the following
> Not sure what the early issues are going to be on the Scorp N
> Not sure of the waiting period and pricing of the 4X4 Z8L Scorp N ?
> Bookings have not started and I don't know what the wait time for Scorp N would be
> A BOF may not cut my family's preference of a nil-to-minimal bodyroll type of vehicle ( the same reasons why I didn't purchase
> The Thar has grown on me over the last few hundred kms I have driven a friend's.
> Different stance, different type of vehicle that the thar is and the need to experience / own a 'jeepy' vehicle
> Scorp-N not being the first choice for narrow city roads given it's dimensions

Strawman arguments to justify my purchase ? Well only time will tell.
airguitar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 08:24   #1799
BHPian

The rear of the vehicle looks more like a Xylo and makes the vehicle look more like a MPV than a SUV.

I hope they address this issue in the face-lift!
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 08:39   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
I kind of see the sentiment, but what’s your point here? Are you really comparing the Scorpio with a Superb and its family with similarly derived engines? Or would you like a V6 Octavia or Superb in 2022?
I think you misunderstood my post!!
The point was only to celebrate the success of our home grown car manufacturers.
I am not comparing models here.
These vehicles don't hold a candle infront of SCORPION anyway, so comparison is pointless.

A 2 ltr, 200Hp turbocharged petrol motor at such prices? An unbiased appreciation of same was the whole point of my post.
All other manufacturers have offered such bigger engines at much higher price point only.

I mean, will a VW, Toyota or Honda ever give us such engine (in any vehicle) at such prices?
A Taigun / Kushaq with a 2.0 TSI (if they ever do it), will be priced at least 22 lakh ex-showroom.

I would love a V6 in a Superb. I mean why not? Give us both. Let the people choose according to needs. You guys are charging so much, give us choice then.

But that does not justify offering 2.0 TSI at such high price points only.

Last edited by Indepth : 29th June 2022 at 08:48. Reason: Spacing
Indepth is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks