Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2021, 10:12   #286
BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Spotted a convoy of about 7-8 Scorpios testing in Leh during our stay and coincidentally they were with us on the Leh-Manali highway. Lead was a Thar and also had some current generation Scorpios and Getaways as part of the convoy.

They were with us from Leh upto Jispa. Always zoomed past us and then stopped after a few kilometers.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpio-01.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpio-02.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpio-03.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpio-04.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpio-05.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpio-06.jpg
benzinblut is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 13:00   #287
BANNED

Given the higher on road cost of XUV700 Diesel AT (my budget is 15L whereas even AX3 push it up to 18L), i'm eagerly waiting for Scorpio launch in Q1'22 based on our community member @ram87pune. My friends are against Scorpio given its body-roll issue in current version but am sure this is taken care of.

On the side note, I love the members who drive this test cars and that too across North-South, East-West of our country. Are they contract resources from 3rd party logistics company? What does it take to be one among them? How much they are paid for 1k km trip?
Wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 19:00   #288
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

This breaking news is just in.

According to my sources, the all new Scorpio has failed some last minute internal validation test due to suspension noise over broken roads and front shock absorber oil seal leakage. Because of this the launch is likely to be pushed to Q2 2022 and in worst case scenario the launch may happen during festive season of 2022.

Will keep you updated with latest developments on the same.
ram87pune is online now   (62) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 20:59   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

This breaking news is just in.

According to my sources, the all new Scorpio has failed some last minute internal validation test due to suspension noise over broken roads and front shock absorber oil seal leakage. Because of this the launch is likely to be pushed to Q2 2022 and in worst case scenario the launch may happen during festive season of 2022.

Will keep you updated with latest developments on the same.
While this news could be true, I get a feeling that Mahindra would intentionally push back the all new Scorpio for other reasons. The main reason is the shocking price of the XUV700 and the huge volumes it could end up generating as soon as the bookings open up. Second, the global semi conductor shortfall would mean that Mahindra could end up having long waiting periods on the XUV700, so why launch the Scorpio any time soon and end up struggling with both the cars in terms of supply chain? Also, I anticipate that Mahindra would surely increase prices of XUV700 post 6 months, and when the Scorpio eventually gets launched, it may start at something around 11.00 to 11.5 lakhs ex showroom, very close to where the XUV700 currently starts. I just cannot see a vehicle the size of the Scorpio to start below 10 lakhs ex showroom.

Hence I think delaying the Scorpio is more to do with other factors than just solely due to the quality issue.

Last edited by motorworks : 25th September 2021 at 21:02.
motorworks is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 06:24   #290
BHPian

Mods, please help, slotting this.
As Motorworks says, chip shortage. I may be off-topic here. If you cannot fulfill demand, why create a new product that shall be over-booked and then you face negative feedback. Thar started and then everyone from Maruti to Skoda to Jeep pleaded chip shortage. Foreseen events should not impact products. If M&M (and others) think(s) just launching new vehicles, creating a buzz and a backlog, is profitable, good luck to them. To repeat an old adage: wait and watch.
From Ferrari to BMW to any other on-road, off-road, roadster or hatchback, everyone is facing aforementioned chip (Chaap) (Mods: intentional for India audiences) is launching, creating a buzz and then we all have a month-long, 2 months, 3-months ad nauseum waiting period. Just thinking how Premier Padmini (remember that icon?) would have laughed all the way to the bank/petrol pump.
I am a certified (by Her Highness) idiot, so I am likely to follow the buzz, pay hard(ly?)-earned money for a NEW product that shall be delivered 1-2-3...10-months hence.
That is followed by user feedback, followed by critical analysis and then a lot of hand-wringing as to pros and cons of the vehicle.
We all forget one specification: Drive should be enjoyable, not a chore. Office to work and back home, or weekend getaway with family or long journeys over unknown (bad/good/excellent) roads.
Baba used to say "Paisa fenk, tamasha dekh". I wonder where "aaj paisa fenk, tamasha aa raha hai kuch mahinon baad".
mygodbole is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 21:01   #291
Senior - BHPian

Re: India-bound Jeep Commander 7-seater SUV

Caught on Pune roads sometime ago.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-f55fea9d7c9c411f816c4107d7db7542.jpeg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-96f9d4d82e61403298c62fa6798cf50f.jpeg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-29991a5061084e3baae6a9aabad588bf.jpeg

Name:  A85B970B20124D3493AFDC0E4623D0CA.jpeg
Views: 1172
Size:  148.7 KB

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-53e2c85db0b0448397dd47e47bd7aa44.jpeg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-58fd25dac3a243aeb14b12363bf34599.jpeg

Could capture only the derrière, but must say the car looked quite proportionate and almost Gloster /Fortuner class.

Edit: just realised it is the Scorpio. Thanks for moving it to the right thread.

Last edited by JoshMachine : 26th September 2021 at 21:11. Reason: Scorpio, not Meridian. Moving to the correct thread. Thanks.
JoshMachine is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 09:44   #292
BHPian

Quote:
On the side note, I love the members who drive this test cars and that too across North-South, East-West of our country. Are they contract resources from 3rd party logistics company? What does it take to be one among them? How much they are paid for 1k km trip?
OEMs do hire contract resources to test and drive the car across all the terrains. They are well trained to attend to any issue popping across these new mules. In some cases when they drive across the country and face any issue they go to nearest dealer and wait for the Vehicle Validation Team to sort it out.

The Vehicle Validation Team too go on in different circuits to test the car and check for any issues on performance. In this case, I believe Mahindra has sent out a team to test them for High Altitude ruggedness.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th September 2021 at 10:06. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 27th September 2021, 09:57   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Spotted a convoy of about 7-8 Scorpios testing in Leh during our stay and coincidentally they were with us on the Leh-Manali highway. Lead was a Thar and also had some current generation Scorpios and Getaways as part of the convoy.

They were with us from Leh upto Jispa. Always zoomed past us and then stopped after a few kilometers.
Attachment 2210713
Is that a Tow hook on the right Scorpio????
If yes, It could be the much awaited 4WD Version
And it looks like, its a base spec.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 27th September 2021 at 09:58.
akshay4587 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 19:59   #294
Team-BHP Support

Scorpio spotted testing in Europe -

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-rushlanepost2021_10_19_16_35.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-rushlanepost2021_10_19_16_351.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-rushlanepost2021_10_19_16_352.jpg
Source
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 20:05   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Scorpio spotted testing in Europe
Folks at Whichcar, think this huge SUV is the all new Suzuki Grand Vitara Hybrid

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-68ac0a9b3dfa4903bad453c412ce684f.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVL2zO_h...dium=copy_link
CEF_Beasts is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 19:05   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Folks at Whichcar, think this huge SUV is the all new Suzuki Grand Vitara Hybrid
They aren't wrong. Headlights have resemblance to Vitara (Brezza more though) and the vertical slats/inserts are present in a similar fashion on the current Vitara as well.
Old 20th October 2021, 20:39   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Reminds me of us BHPians mistaking the Jeep Meridian test mule for the Toyota-Maruti D22 project in another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
They aren't wrong. Headlights have resemblance to Vitara (Brezza more though) and the vertical slats/inserts are present in a similar fashion on the current Vitara as well.
Clearly the test mule looks too big to be a Grand Vitara size SUV. Has all the classic proportions of a BoF SUV too. Wonder how they narrowed down to it being the next gen Grand Vitara.
DicKy is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 08:10   #298
Senior - BHPian

Does the one under the skins have slightly stepped up roof in the rear, like the existing one or it that just my eye expects that?

Curious to know as previously been a of a Scorpio for around 6 years. Loved the design, that is still I do think not aged. It would be a joy to see if they could retain some design elements that brings the connections in. Unlike the present Safari which is totally new.
Old 21st October 2021, 08:44   #299
BHPian

4x4 newbie here. If the Scorpio gets 4x4, will it be similar to Thar underneath or it will be different?
Old 21st October 2021, 10:44   #300
BHPian

the next gen Scorpio will be based on the 2020 Thar platform . So i guess that the 4x4 system and hardware will be very similar to the that , but a bit beefed up for all the additional weight and the more powerful engines.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks