Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2022, 21:25   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Thanks for the scoops!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
1. Since the launch of the Scorpio is delayed by almost a year, Mahindra has done some changes to its design with the help of Pratap Bose. He has changed some curves and creases on the exterior plus some changes have recently been made to the dimensions of the black border surrounding the rear windscreen.
Looking at the test mules, there shouldn't be any traditional Mahindra level screw ups in the finer details of the design. just hope Mr Bose doesn't add to the curves and creases.

Quote:
2. According to my sources, even though this is an all new Scorpio, the ergonomics and shoulder room have not seen vast improvements over the earlier Scorpio. These two were one of the major grouses in the interior of the older Scorpio.
Looking at the A pillars and general glasshouse shape and size, this looks any day better than the old Scorpio. Of course, can't expect monocoque crossover level of space or minivan kind of space. Even behemoths like Landcruiser and Suburban surprise us with the exterior size: interior space ratio.

Quote:
4. The driver's seating position is said to be even more imposing than the current Scorpio and the new generation model will also carry the same tough and indestructible feel forward.
Even higher seating position!!!

Quote:
5. The gear lever is made stubbier than the current Scorpio and it also won't do a crazy dance routine during starting and shutting off the engine which is typical of most BOF vehicles.
A tall gearlever or dance routine is okay if the shifts feel direct. Most of the times, attempts at stubbier lever or isolating the drivetrain movements results in vague, mushy, rubbery gearshifts.
DicKy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 12:49   #422
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio to get sequential turn indicators

A new video of the next-generation Mahindra Scorpio has surfaced online. The camouflaged test mule looks similar to those we've seen before, except for one tiny detail - sequential turn indicators.

Name:  Screenshot 20220131 124749.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  61.8 KB

The new Scorpio is likely to get progressive-type turn indicators integrated into the twin-pod headlamp clusters. These types of turn indicators were popularized by Audi. Whether the Scorpio will have a similar setup at the rear remains to be seen.

The new Scorpio (codenamed: Z101) is expected to be based on a ladder-frame chassis. It could be offered with a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 158 BHP, paired with either a 6-speed manual or an automatic transmission.

Mahindra is expected to offer all-wheel drive in select variants of the Scorpio. It will even get off-road drive modes that can be selected using a rotary dial positioned on the centre console.

Thanks to BHPian deshmumn for sharing this video with other enthusiasts!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 31st January 2022 at 12:51.
TusharK is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 13:12   #423
BHPian

I hope that Mahindra continues to provide the 2.2 Liter M-Hawk engine as well. It is an excellent workhorse, and would also be cheaper than the new 2.0 liter engine.
Big Smoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 15:07   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Hello bhpians.

Here's some latest info on the upcoming all new Scorpio.

1. Since the launch of the Scorpio is delayed by almost a year, Mahindra has done some changes to its design with the help of Pratap Bose. He has changed some curves and creases on the exterior plus some changes have recently been made to the dimensions of the black border surrounding the rear windscreen.
As always, excellent information for folks like me who have been keenly awaiting the launch of the new Scorpio.
Thanks a bunch for that!
Someone's already mentioned this but had to share my anxiety about Mr Bose's touch: Am sure he's quite capable and appreciated but just the lines quoting that he's changed some curves etc. is sending a shiver down my spine
Being a lover of old school, boxy and simplistic yet utilitarian designs, am really expecting the Scorpio to be not overdone just how I find the case to be with few elements in the XUV 700 (as is the case with Harrier/Safari which are otherwise elegant designs). I guess, am in the minorty!
Lastly, being a dog dad, two of them as a matter of fact, always look forward to black interiors. Is it possible for you to get some scoop on this please?
katoom is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 12:07   #425
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoom View Post
As always, excellent information for folks like me who have been keenly awaiting the launch of the new Scorpio.
Thanks a bunch for that!
Someone's already mentioned this but had to share my anxiety about Mr Bose's touch: Am sure he's quite capable and appreciated but just the lines quoting that he's changed some curves etc. is sending a shiver down my spine
Being a lover of old school, boxy and simplistic yet utilitarian designs, am really expecting the Scorpio to be not overdone just how I find the case to be with few elements in the XUV 700 (as is the case with Harrier/Safari which are otherwise elegant designs). I guess, am in the minorty!
Lastly, being a dog dad, two of them as a matter of fact, always look forward to black interiors. Is it possible for you to get some scoop on this please?

Good to know you too are a dog-o-phile as well as Scorpio lover. Our two boxers were regulars (they have appeared elsewhere in these pages) during our jaunts to Naukuchiatal and our Scorpio was none the worse for their jostling and shoving!
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 15:22   #426
BHPian

Thanks all for the regular updates and interesting pics. The new Scorpio is definitely looking several notches above the existing model.
Any inside information on the launch date?
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 08:35   #427
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
sierrabravo98,
I like what you said about Z101 being another ..... used it quite extensively so I say.
That about sums it up, Fazal! My only addition to the new Scorpio's wish-list is that it should have a respectable G-NCAP rating - in keeping with the current trend among manufacturers. After my ownership experience with the Scorpio ('04 to '19) I endorse your view. After the Scorpio we were undecided about the next one. Fortunately the new Thar BS6 was launched in the nick of time. And in keeping with my bias towards RWD/4WD I did not hesitate in opting for it (LX, petrol, manual, hardtop).
Till date I have no reason to regret my decision.

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd February 2022 at 14:52. Reason: Please type in full, no SMS language or abbreviations please. Thanks.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:18   #428
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio road-testing continues

Quote:
The new Scorpio, meanwhile, will be positioned a notch above and sold with a slightly new and changed moniker.
Name:  20220202063553_Scorpio 5.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  135.2 KB

Name:  20220202062531_Scorpio.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  95.0 KB

Name:  20220202063553_Scorpio 4.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  51.7 KB

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 3rd February 2022 at 10:44.
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:57   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Thanks all for the regular updates and interesting pics. The new Scorpio is definitely looking several notches above the existing model.
Any inside information on the launch date?
First or second harvest season - I think around June or October is when they would start collecting the booking amount.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 17:08   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

New Scorpio shows its Huge tail lights!

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-3.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-1.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 20:24   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Good to know you too are a dog-o-phile as well as Scorpio lover. Our two boxers were regulars (they have appeared elsewhere in these pages) during our jaunts to Naukuchiatal and our Scorpio was none the worse for their jostling and shoving!
Well, a 10 year old pug and a 4 year old lab that's our family with plans of getting couple of Rottweilers in the future.
Best regards to your boxers!

Always liked the Scorpio but was more inclined towards a used Tiguan (it's the 1.2 GT TSI now) but I realised that it's just not practical to maintain it with us leaning more towards sustainable life off the city gradually.
Am counting on the new Scorpio to cater to the expectations - looks like it's a good mix of ruggedness and creature comforts! Fingers crossed
Sorry for the OT guys!
katoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 20:50   #432
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Here's some latest dope on the new Scorpio.

1. Mahindra is testing rear disc brake setup on a few test mules of the Scorpio but still its likely to come with a drum setup at the rear at launch.

2. Similarly LED headlamps are also on test alongwith halogen projectors but at launch halogens will be the sole option.

3. According to my sources, Mahindra engineers are very very close to achieving a 5 star NCAP score yet it remains to be seen whether they make that extra effort to make the jump from 4 to 5 stars. If that happens then the new Scorpio would be the only made in India BOF SUV to boast such a perfect score.

4. Mahindra will likely hold media drives on 15th August this year and have a phased launch thereafter just like they did with the XUV700. Also Mahindra may skip any form of digital launch and directly go for media drives. Expect teasers to start rolling by June this year.

5. The initial prototypes of the new Scorpio had the rear look uncannily similar to that of Xylo which according to my sources was not received positively by Mahindra employees working on the project. The current Volvo like taillamps which have been spotted on test mules are thanks to Pratap Bose who has made some small yet significant changes to the design.

6. In another news, Mahindra has begun work on an all electric BOF SUV. Though it remains to be seen whether this will be launched (if at all) under the Scorpio brand. If it indeed sees a market launch then it will most likely be the only SUV of its kind.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.
ram87pune is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 05:12   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello bhpians.

Here's some latest dope on the new Scorpio.

2. Similarly LED headlamps are also on test alongwith halogen projectors but at launch halogens will be the sole option.

3. Mahindra engineers are very very close to achieving a 5 star NCAP score
Thanks for the timely dose of scoops

Halogens anyday over mass market LEDs !!!

Hope Mahindra stretches to get that five star rating. Will be a slap on the face of some who abandoned BoF in the name of safety and electrification.
DicKy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 17:09   #434
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 Mahindra Scorpio To Come As 6- And 7-Seaters;

Quote:
Will get dual-zone climate control, sunroof, and possibly Alexa connectivity.
The SUV will get Mahindra’s 2-litre turbo-petrol and 2.2-litre diesel engines with manual and automatic transmissions.
Likely to be priced from Rs 10 lakh.
Quote:
The 6-seater variant will get captain seats in the second row, while the 7-seater will have bench seats for middle-row occupants. Also, currently, third-row occupants only have side-facing jump seats, which should not be offered in the new-gen model as it could adversely impact passenger safety.
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-4.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-3.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th February 2022 at 17:11.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 17:29   #435
BHPian

Shall we fix the waiting period as 2 years for this one from Mahindra?
pradheepsr is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks