Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2022, 13:39   #1171
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunjain View Post
I am struggling to understand this. Does this mean the 3rd row will also have two configurations? In most cars (except maybe the likes of Carnival?), the 3rd row is meant for 2 even in the bench layout. Please elaborate on this if you have further insights on this. Thank you!
A small correction. Only Innova has a proper 3-seater third row. By proper, I mean headrests and 3-point seatbelts for all. Whether the width is actually enough for three is a different question. Even the Carnival only provides a lap belt for the center passenger.
Meph1st0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 18:00   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
2. Any dope on the last row configurations? Does the 2+2+2 mean side-facing seats?
If it helps, this was in one of the spy shot videos

careind is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 22:21   #1173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
whether the 2nd row seats in 7 seater version have the sliding option unlike XUV7OO.
No sliding option. Fixed with tilt function. Same as 7OO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
the 4x4 will be offered in Diesel only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Being based on the Thar platform and being a RWD by default, Scorpio will be a 4x4 (switchable) and not AWD.
Quote:
4x4 has to have a low transfer case, otherwise it will be AWD mode only. So 2H, 4H and 4L has to be there in Scorpio if they come out with 4x4.
Quote:
1. Is it an AWD or a 4x4? AWD will be auto selection, 4x4 will be a manual selection
The Scorpio-N is not a 4x4. Apologies for referring it as the same and creating this confusion.

The Scorpio-N is a part-time AWD with 4H & 4L transfer cases. They are enabled via buttons given on either side of the rotary knob for the 4Xplore modes, beside the gear lever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunjain View Post
I am struggling to understand this. Does this mean the 3rd row will also have two configurations?
Quote:
Any dope on the last row configurations? Does the 2+2+2 mean side-facing seats?
Quote:
Sitting configurations will be 2 + 3 (bench) + 3
Other configuration will be 2 + 2 (bucket seats in middle row) + 2 at the last row considering above points.
Front facing 3rd row seats.

The two variants shown were the two top variants with 6-seater and 7-seater options, referred to as 5+1 seater and 6+1 seater (1 being driver). Hence, 2+2+2 and 2+2+3 configurations. 3rd row fold was shown in both 60:40 and 50:50 split.

Some other stuff shared by birdie:-

- Driver seat gets adjustable lumbar support.
- 2nd row passengers get height-adjustable seatbelts.
- Only one centrally mounted large LED cabin lamp given for 2nd row.
- 3rd row passengers to get individual LED map lights above the fixed (non-folding) grab handles.
- 3rd row passengers will get their own 2 speakers mounted above them on either side, on the D-pillars.
- Separate chrome-finished door lever given inside boot door for emergency exit from inside cabin.
- Speedometer will be semi-digital with a fully digital MID.
- Manual handbrake across range.
- Manual day-night IRVM across range.
- Centrally raised hump present in 2nd row footwell.
- Variant nomenclature to be different from present-gen Scorpio.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th June 2022 at 22:27. Reason: added.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 22:30   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Scorpio-N is not a 4x4. Apologies for referring it as the same and creating this confusion.

The Scorpio-N is a part-time AWD with 4H & 4L transfer cases. They are enabled via buttons given on either side of the rotary knob for the 4Xplore modes, beside the gear lever.
That is interesting. So this system is different from what we get in Thar ? Thar can switch between 2H,4H and 4L. Scorpio does not have pure 2H operation ? Is it always running based on on-demand AWD ? Wonder what makes Mahindra differentiate the Scorpio system from Thar. Logically, they should use the same system.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 7th June 2022 at 22:32.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 22:37   #1175
BHPian

Another doubt i have with the AWD and the terrain modes, is it going to be RWD like the current one or FWD?
Old 7th June 2022, 22:42   #1176
BHPian

Even the isuzu dmax vcross has a switchable 4x4 system with a rotary dial and on the shift 4H switching at speeds upto 100kmph. When you say N has 4H and 4L as separate modes, isn’t it running by default on rear wheels? And option to switch 4L and 4H on demand ?

AFAI understand, AWD is generally full time and there is no transfer case but just an additional gear or motor which drives the other 2 wheels. Also, we read Scorpio will have rear differential locks.. does all this not make the N a 4x4 ?
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 23:17   #1177
BHPian

If there is 2L and 2H, it is 4x4. AWD vehicles doesn't have these different options. Correct me if I am wrong.

Even my Ford Endeavour 3.2 had rotary switches with all these options just like Scorpio N but was called terrain management. And it wasn't AWD but 4x4.

I believe Scorpio N too will be called a 4x4 SUV and not AWD like XUV700. There seems to be some confusion.
Harshavarthan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 23:29   #1178
BHPian

The official press release that was given earlier clearly said 4X4 capabilities.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-71c32f40c01442bd93fef323ccf0e47f.jpeg

We can argue “having capabilities”, as written in the release, may not necessarily mean it has 4x4 but an advanced AWD system, but I feel mahindra would not write something they weren’t delivering.

Mahindra can choose to call it whatever they want 4Xplore or like fortuner calls it sigma4
kushgandhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 09:01   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
- Speedometer will be semi-digital with a fully digital MID.
- Manual handbrake across range.
- Manual day-night IRVM across range.
Nice to see minimal use of electronics. With less dependency on semiconductors, Mahindra seems to be focusing on faster deliveries vs loading up all the electronics. In the world of product management, Mahindra would be testing what the customers value the most - loaded with gadgets vs. faster delivery especially when you cant get both.

A smart move and we could have a top-end variant of Scorpio-N with some electronics in the future and a top-end for XUV7OO with captain seats.
atluri_rkc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 09:13   #1180
BHPian

Sorry if I have missed it somewhere..

Does the last row seats, fold and tumble or fold and tie away (like Crysta) ? If I would like to take my canine friend, this set up would be ideal as otherwise, if it just folds, the floor will not be even and raised as well. I am actually interested in going for this car if it meets my requirements. If anyone has heard anything on this, kindly share

Swami
Old 8th June 2022, 09:34   #1181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Sorry if I have missed it somewhere..

Does the last row seats, fold and tumble or fold and tie away (like Crysta) ? If I would like to take my canine friend, this set up would be ideal as otherwise, if it just folds, the floor will not be even and raised as well. I am actually interested in going for this car if it meets my requirements. If anyone has heard anything on this, kindly share

Swami
From the scoop pics, I guess fold and tumble forward. Not like the Innova, but the same system as current Scorpio.

Sure that it will not be folding into the floor and you canine friend will have a flat floor, atleast in the third row.
DicKy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 10:11   #1182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hence, 2+2+2 and 2+2+3 configurations. .
I hope this does not mean only capt seats in 2nd row. Seniors often sleep in a 3-seater bench, and if only capt seats, then this will be a limitation.
Old 8th June 2022, 10:43   #1183
BHPian

For everyone curious about the seating and third row comfort of the new N.

The guy literally stopped a testing vehicle and sat in the last row. Claiming to have ample head and leg room. The car shown has good leg space in the second row and is the top end 4wd AT. The guy testing the car claims it’s driving better than the fortuner.

Boot space as shown and said is non existent after all rows up as in the case of current scorpio and xuv700.

The config shown here is 2+2+3

Last edited by kushgandhi : 8th June 2022 at 10:44. Reason: Adding info.
kushgandhi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 11:02   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
The guy testing the car claims it’s driving better than the fortuner.
The test driver is saying in Marathi that 3rd row space is less and knees brush the seats ahead. It is not comfortable for long distance travel.
Knightrider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 11:05   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
The test driver is saying in Marathi that 3rd row space is less and knees brush the seats ahead. It is not comfortable for long distance travel.
I am just quoting what the guy said about the seats and comfort in the video. In the Comments too he mentions he’s comfortable and talks about the height and stance of the car.
kushgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks