Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2019, 11:24   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 2019 Jeep Wrangler, now launched at Rs 63.94 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Why so much cynicism and negativity always
I don't know from where are you getting this feeling, not here at least.

Quote:
Standard responses on wrangler threads: no one will use it for off roading; this is just a toy for rich kids; soccer moms (!) etc.
People don't buy wrangler just for off-roading. I don't know why do they buy (including self as an ex-owner of 2 Door Sahara) maybe it's not a Car or SUV - just a Jeep

Quote:
I’ve seen wranglers at terratiger events here in chennai - and that’s proper off roading by any measure ! And plenty of wrangler owners I know abuse and love their jeeps.
Of course, there is no perfect vehicle, and I have got my LC struck multiple times where Fortuner or V-Cross will pass with ease. There were some wranglers in a group here in the past, here's one video (watch till the end) and frankly they were so-so. It does depend a lot on the driver, tyres and so on.

Quote:
They can afford it, let them do so ?!
It's not about the money, if your vehicle is not properly specced, no use of breaking it.

My rant with Jeep India is their sort of double standards, pitching the Jeep as a strong, go anywhere and all that and then launching a more dressed up variant. No harms in that as they must have done their homework, but they could have gone little bold and maybe given us Two doors Rubicon alongside.

Anyways, let's hope they get some meaningful numbers, and we get to see a Rubicon someday in future.

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th August 2019 at 11:46.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 13:30   #77
Senior - BHPian

I remember Jeep having a 2 door petrol Wrangler as part of the media fleet way back in 2013 when they were planning to launch the brand here in India before it got postponed to 2016 eventually . That was also a manual transmission. The other was the 5 door Sahara which I used for a week, 2.0 four cylinder diesel AT. While they might not sell in huge numbers, a handful will definitely find takers out here . Plus I feel there is a pretty good step up in interior quality.

Here's a short video from the launch

Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 06:58   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

I was worried that this vehicle would be launched at 64 lakhs ex-showroom, but luckily it is only 63.94 lakhs, so I have 6 lakhs left to buy a Kwid.

I think it is over-priced, but then again, I don't think FCA expects to sell much. I will continue my hunt for a used one, few years down the road.
4x4addict is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 07:10   #79
Senior - BHPian

Take the price of 40000 USD for a good level spec of this car. Or 150,000 AED.
This is around 28-30 odd lacs.
To have to pay 64 lac for this in India plus tax etc is absolutely criminal.

Incidentally there is a Grey JK 4 Door Unlimited Wrangler at the Bangalore Jeep Dealership for which he wants 55 lacs plus taxes. It has done 27000km.
But know that it is a test demo car which must have been rather ill used by both showroom staff and consumers/ punters and idle test drive addicts alike.
Old 16th August 2019, 07:42   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I was worried that this vehicle would be launched at 64 lakhs ex-showroom, but luckily it is only 63.94 lakhs, so I have 6 lakhs left to buy a Kwid.

I think it is over-priced, but then again, I don't think FCA expects to sell much. I will continue my hunt for a used one, few years down the road.
And that is ex showroom, right? So it's all before the rto daylight robbery.

So after all that, I think on road would be around 75-78 lacs. Not that I can afford it even if it was 63.94 lacs on road.
If I do have to offroad, I'll stick to a thar. Easy to fix, spares are available, multiple service points and if everything fails, friendly local garages can also work on it.

PS. Any wrangler fans, pls don't report me, maybe it's just my middle class mindset talking, and the wrangler is a fantastic vehicle by itself, no doubt about that. One of the most well known cars on the planet, so much so that it has upgraded the company's image worldwide, all by itself.

Last edited by SaiSW : 16th August 2019 at 08:11.
Old 16th August 2019, 11:36   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

Sir you will have 6,000 not 6 lakhs
Yes, it is overpriced for sure, but an amazing vehicle.

I got a chance to sit in one in Dubai and it is so much fun!
Shreyas_H is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 12:30   #82
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

First drive review of 2019 Jeep Wrangler by Cyrus Dhabhar of Autocar India.

An excerpt from the comments section of the video:
Quote:
Everything was like a dream

But exactly at 10.18, I started loving my 2010 Honda City iVtec
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 15:34   #83
BHPian

Anyone that believes you can only offroad gnarly trails in a Rubicon, and that other Wranglers are mall crawl capable only, should check out this video.

Upgrade those tires to 33s, throw on a metal skid plate + rock rails, and you might have the perfect compromise

suneel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks