Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2020, 09:55   #16
BHPian

re: Hyundai Tucson Facelift @ Auto Expo 2020. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 22.30 lakh

Looks very similar to the current Tucson. That is nice. Almost feature for feature, this is a direct match for Tiguan (I am a current owner of Tiguan). Of course the power and Torque output is lot more and it will be cheaper than Tiguan as well. Plus it comes with better service network and lower maintenance cost than VW.

sometimes on the road, I mistook the current Tuscon for BMW X3 - Good road presence, very pleasing to the eye and powerful.

Absence of Ventilated front seats is a big miss. Don't know why this is not present in most of the SUVs , even BMW X3 doesn't have it. Cheaper cars have it. That is where Kia Seltos is a great value product. Believe me, if we have used it once, it is a real comfort. I miss that in my Tiguan compared to my earlier vehicle Passat.
baskar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 12:38   #17
BHPian

There are not much changes to the exterior but the interior looks appealing to me especially that all black theme.
Old 8th February 2020, 12:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai’s excellent with Diesel engines with great power, torque figures & the level of NVH is amazing. However, I can’t ignore the fact with their petrol engines having meager power and torque figures - now come on it’s just 150bhp & 192nm torque for a car of this size? XUV300 has more torque than you do Tucson!
Old 12th February 2020, 21:15   #19
BHPian

As an existing owner of a 4wd Tucson CRDI, the changes look nice, though a bit subtle. 8 Speed is a welcome, current FE for the Tucson in the city can be low, i typically get anything between 8.5 - 10.2 in normal mode, so that should help improve a bit, now that said if this is a Full time 4wd that cant be good for the Economy. They seem to have moved the Diff lock button as part of the dash from the central console. Black theme looks nice. Headlamps looks very sharp as well. Power is same as the BS4 Version.

Hope they have an option of increasing the height of the co-passenger seat, major grouse in the current BS4 version.
Old 12th February 2020, 21:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

I've never understood the step-motherly treatment premium Hyundai models in India get. Not by the customers, mind you, but by the very folks at Hyundai who launch it here!

From the Terracan and first-gen Tucson to the last Sonata, Santa Fe and this Tucson, it's been the same. Cars that sit way down the pecking order in the same showroom get styling flourishes and creature comforts that, at times, elude these super-expensive Hyundais.

It's a shame as the Tucson is a solid product. If only the folks at Hyundai realize the blunder and try to rectify it soon, these premium Hyundais might stand a better chance in the market.
arvi86 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 22:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Hope they have an option of increasing the height of the co-passenger seat, major grouse in the current BS4 version.
Yes the co-passenger seat has the 8 way power adjustable mechanism. The driver seat will have the 10 way.
piyush1.a is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 22:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

What's it with Hyundai; Elantra had a nose job, same engines, now Tucson has the same. Besides the gear box, BS 6 engine, panoramic sunroof and an interior nip and tuck, I don't see anything 'desirable'. The interiors are frankly are most boring.
Old 12th February 2020, 23:03   #23
BHPian

I shall call this the Melanie Trump of Hyundai.

Repeated cosmetic jobs to keep up with the look. Has to live the trophy wife life i.e. Hyundai doesn't pay attention unless everything else that's interesting is completed. Is dead inside but smiles when you need it.
Mad Max is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 13:15   #24
BHPian

Any idea when is the facelifted Tucson expected?
Old 3rd July 2020, 22:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Tucson facelift will be launched in India on 14th July

Hyundai Tucson Facelift @ Auto Expo 2020. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 22.30 lakh-smartselect_20200703224046_chrome.jpg

Source :MotorBeam
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 05:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Hyundai’s excellent with Diesel engines with great power, torque figures & the level of NVH is amazing. However, I can’t ignore the fact with their petrol engines having meager power and torque figures - now come on it’s just 150bhp & 192nm torque for a car of this size? XUV300 has more torque than you do Tucson!
I guess in an open road performance run, the. displacement difference of 2000cc vs 1200 cc will matter more than paper figures. The XUV3oo will run out of breath. Yes, the petrol engine power of the Tucson could be increased but so will the cost! At present ,it is a sort of VFM petrol midsize SUV offering , compared to something like CRV.
Old 6th July 2020, 21:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Tucson facelift arrives at dealerships

Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 22:57   #28
BHPian

Don't understand Hyundai. Their mass market offerings are super-loaded in terms of features but their premium offering is bare bones in comparison. The steering wheel looks fit to be in i20, there are no ventilated seats, no digital instrument cluster, couldn't see (or I missed) whether the hand rest was adjustable. It's just baffling.
Old 7th July 2020, 07:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Don't understand Hyundai. Their mass market offerings are super-loaded in terms of features but their premium offering is bare bones in comparison.
That’s most probably because cars like Tucson,Kona,Santa Fe were designed with more mature markets like Europe and US in mind. Also they come via CKD route to India which is inherently more expensive than manufacturing the car in India itself so probably Hyundai is compelled to skimp on some goodies.

Regarding Tucson,I think the car is well equipped. The only useful feature I can think of missing is cooled seats. Should’ve had those.
ADI7YAK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 19:45   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel the Creta offers 70% Tucson at 50-60% price but barring the additional space and more powerful engines.

The Creta offers much more in terms of features like; 1. Air Purifier,
2. Larger 10.25 inch touchscreen,
3. Sunshades on the rear windows,
4. Digital dials,
5. Ventilated front seats,
6. Paddle Shifters (DCT only)
7. Drive Modes (Automatics)
8. Ambient lighting ( not sure if present in the Tucson)

Tucson features in comparison:-
8 inch touchscreen
More powerful 2.0L engines
More space
Electric tailgate

The segments are different but I feel someone looking at a Creta top end will definitely be willing to cross shop from the higher segment as well having the likes of the Karoq, Tucson, Compass and T-Roc. Compared to its chief competitors other than more space and power the Tucson has nothing going for it!

No offence to any current/prospective Tucson Owners

Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks