Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2020, 20:45   #61
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson Facelift @ Auto Expo 2020. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 22.30 lakh

Tucson is a classic case of Hyundai's step motherly treatment to its premium 20 Lacs+ cars. This SUV even misses out on most features that Creta and Verna gets. Fabulous ventilated seats amongst them. I have been using that feature in Elantra since 7 years now. Ventilated Seats are irreplaceable for me.

I feel Hyundai is just not willing to sell relatively low volume CKD products. Same treatment was given to Sonata and Santa Fe .
AMG1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 12:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

The car colour is really cool and looks large at a distance, especially when seen in side profile, although it isn’t much longer than say the 4th gen City. I am pretty much in the same boat , and have posted a query in the What Car sub-forum. My drive impressions of the Tucson are quite similar, although the AWD GLS is a bit out of my budget right now.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 6th September 2020 at 12:21.
Old 29th September 2020, 10:22   #63
BHPian

Does it make sense to consider a Tucson now considering that a new variant has been released in the international markets? Any idea by when the same is expected in India?
rags.singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 00:52   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags.singh View Post
Does it make sense to consider a Tucson now considering that a new variant has been released in the international markets? Any idea by when the same is expected in India?
The 4th generation Tuscon is probably going to be launched in India in 2022, according to the Hyundai dealers.

As to whether you want to wait that long, it is completely up to you. Personally, I feel that cars are like electronics - there will always be something new coming in the future. Unless there is a ground-breaking new technology that I want to wait for (e.g. Ampere graphics cards) or there is an imminent new release (e.g. iPhone 12 this month), I will always weight the pleasure of using a better (car, phone) now vs. waiting for a better (car, phone) tomorrow.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 12:54   #65
BHPian

I have a 2 year old Tucson and looking for a new car and unfortunately there is nothing else in this price bracket which offers the same package. With sunroof, wireless charging and black seats it does look much better now.

Driving wise , I have not liked the light steering, which my wife loves though! But engine performance, handling and comfort wise it’s top class and am absolutely happy with it.

Yes ventilated seats is a miss, but the ventilated seats offered in the Seltos and the Creta somehow are less comfortable than the non ventilated seats in the same cars. Not sure if it’s because of the placement of the pores. The Tucson AC is very strong and with 3m sun films added, the need for the ventilated seats will be minimal.
bharathan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 16:46   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Driving wise , I have not liked the light steering, which my wife loves though! But engine performance, handling and comfort wise it’s top class and am absolutely happy with it.
I too think that the Tucson is a very good car. Do you find the ground clearance to be adequate? Do you use it over bad roads?
Old 9th October 2020, 17:35   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
I had the chance to take a second test drive of the Tuscon. This time I drove through the city in Sport mode. I found the Sport mode pretty good for driving in light traffic and city roads. The steering also stiffens up a bit. I even tried the manual mode, just for laughs.

What has been your experience with the driving modes?
Old 9th October 2020, 18:26   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
I had the chance to take a second test drive of the Tuscon. This time I drove through the city in Sport mode. I found the Sport mode pretty good for driving in light traffic and city roads. The steering also stiffens up a bit. I even tried the manual mode, just for laughs.

What has been your experience with the driving modes?
D works fine just about anywhere. ECO for the city is fine- just about. Sport, for getting past the "always lane disciplined" trucks on the highway, works like a charm.

It could just be my mind playing tricks, but with the introduction of the BSVI fuels the difference between D and Sport is very minimal these days.

Good to hear that the steering stiffens up in sport mode, could iron out a major deficiency in the Tucson.

I have done 10 hr drives on the tucson and felt really fresh post the drive. And I get chauffered around in the city.
bharathan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 18:31   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i View Post
I too think that the Tucson is a very good car. Do you find the ground clearance to be adequate? Do you use it over bad roads?
I haven't had problems with the clearance on this car ever. Mind you, its not a serious off roader. But I have taken it to mud roads in the monsoon and it works like a charm.

Potholes and speedbreakers are not a problem for this lovely machine.

Mod Note: Our Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd October 2020 at 11:06. Reason: Adding link to review
bharathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks