Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2020, 19:28   #31
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RaghavDhir View Post
i've seen the honda city and the new Verna and Verna to me seems to have better interiors and over all cabin feel which is quite important to me. Also the SX variant of Verna is fairly well loaded, the model with similar creature comforts in Honda city is quite out of my budget.

I somehow feel Honda city is not as well made as they used to be in the earlier generations.
The 2020 Honda City introduced in Thailand has obtained a ASIAN NCAP crash test rating of 5 stars, but it is not clear whether India is getting the same New City.

I have a Verna 2019 model SX(O). The interior is very good, I would say, and in fact, aesthetically, I liked it over Honda City's (2019 model, of course). But in certain areas like leather, leather wrapping of the steering, seating, etc, Verna's leather is not of that great quality. I am comparing it with that of my old Ford Fiesta. Otherwise, the current generation Verna (and the facelift too) is really balanced as an overall package -- you have good features, good after sales service, decent ride and handling though not for sporty purposes... I don't know about the new sporty variant with the 1L GDI petrol. Just check it. It is with black interior, and you may not like it for a good cabin ambience.
Still.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 19:28   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
This point is bang on target and has also been mentioned multiple times on the Honda cars & Honda City forums. The famed ‘Honda Quality’ is a thing of past now. While on the brighter side, I feel Hyundai cars have matched up to the quality levels what Honda used to offer earlier & dare I say they are a notch above.
I feel the only area wherein the Verna lags behind the City is in the rear seat space, especially the headroom. But overall, the Verna definitely gives a tough competition to the City & should be the one to pick, especially in the Diesel guise.
i have similar observations regarding the rear space. since i don't have very tall people in my family and 90% of the times the car is going to be riding with 2 people only so this is something i can live with.
I am waiting to test drive the IVT before booking the Hyundai. Though i've driven Seltos HTX-IVT petrol which has the same engine and gearbox combination as Verna petrol IVT, i would still want to drive the Verna before actually booking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
The 2020 Honda City introduced in Thailand has obtained a ASIAN NCAP crash test rating of 5 stars, but it is not clear whether India is getting the same New City.

I have a Verna 2019 model SX(O). The interior is very good, I would say, and in fact, aesthetically, I liked it over Honda City's (2019 model, of course). But in certain areas like leather, leather wrapping of the steering, seating, etc, Verna's leather is not of that great quality. I am comparing it with that of my old Ford Fiesta. Otherwise, the current generation Verna (and the facelift too) is really balanced as an overall package -- you have good features, good after sales service, decent ride and handling though not for sporty purposes... I don't know about the new sporty variant with the 1L GDI petrol. Just check it. It is with black interior, and you may not like it for a good cabin ambience.
Still.
Thanks for the input of leather quality, will keep my eyes open for that when i test drive the car. I am looking at the SX which though has leather wrapped steering but no leather seats (i'll get it aftermarket).

If you can share your feedback on the ventilated seats is it a feature worth the move from SX to SXO. Currently i am on the fence. What i love in SXO are the LED headlamps , TPMS and ventilated seats which are missing in SX. The premium if of approx. 2 lakhs (there are other safety features also)

When i visited the Honda showroom to check out the City i was told by the SA that the new City is expected to be 1-1.25 Lakhs more expensive for the equivalent model. That's way over my budget.

Last edited by Mr.RaghavDhir : 24th May 2020 at 19:39. Reason: spelling error
Mr.RaghavDhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 20:32   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
The famed ‘Honda Quality’ is a thing of past now. While on the brighter side, I feel Hyundai cars have matched up to the quality levels what Honda used to offer earlier & dare I say they are a notch above.
I feel the only area wherein the Verna lags behind the City is in the rear seat space, especially the headroom. But overall, the Verna definitely gives a tough competition to the City & should be the one to pick, especially in the Diesel guise.
I agree on the rear leg room. In Verna, it is a bit minimal whereas Honda and Ciaz would be the benchmark. Still, you can manage it depending on whether your rear passengers are usually kids, etc.

Otherwise, in most other areas, the current generation Verna (and the facelift too) is really competent.

There was also the fear that the facelift Verna would be bad to look at, as it came in China etc. But in India, Hyundai did a decent job. The new Verna looks respectable too.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 24th May 2020 at 20:36.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 21:05   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the input of leather quality, will keep my eyes open for that when i test drive the car. I am looking at the SX which though has leather wrapped steering but no leather seats (i'll get it aftermarket).

If you can share your feedback on the ventilated seats is it a feature worth the move from SX to SXO. Currently i am on the fence. What i love in SXO are the LED headlamps , TPMS and ventilated seats which are missing in SX. The premium if of approx. 2 lakhs (there are other safety features also)
The main difference between SX and SX(O) would be the number of airbags, ventilated front seats, and leather upholstery. I think the sunroof is common to both now.

My personal take on the ventilated seats is that they are quite rarely used, that too in some extreme summer. Even as you use it, you will not like to/have to use it for a long duration, because it will start bothering you, means, cooling you at uncomfortable points One may not like it beyond a point. Then, it is the usual good automatic climate control which does the honours. And, that is an efficient and no-problem AC. Basically, I used it only for five minute installments whenever I used it, that too, only for fun. That was during a long summer drive from Lucknow to Hyderabad. Even when outside temperature was 44 degree at Adilabad, I felt no need for this because AC was enough. Seats did not require ventilation. This is my personal take on this though. Others may find this feature important, or Hyundai created much hype about it, whatever, I don't know.

I generally prefer stock leather upholstery, on steering, seats, etc. You can get wonderful upholstery from outside too.

The real difference, then, would be the number of airbags. The need for it depends really on how much and how frequently you drive on fast highways, whether you always have rear passengers, etc. Within the city limits, I don't see much usage for six airbags (I don't see such severe crashes happening except in late drunk nights...)

LED headlamp also is a good feature to have. My SX(O) doesn't have it. But I think even that is useful more on long highways.

I wanted a manual transmission car. Manual SX was not having many features then, whereas automatic SX was closer to manual SX(O). Hyundai launched SX(O) automatic only later.

You will have to decide whether you wanted to give the difference for these features depending on the kind of drives you have, the kind of people you have to occupy the car etc. The premium for SX(O) will be worth if you travel (of course, after we are free from Covid 19 menace) on highways frequently or even once in six months etc with your family, elders and so on.

Mods: It has become back to back post, could you merge the two?

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 24th May 2020 at 21:08.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 21:38   #35

Seems then i'm getting myself a Verna SX. My car will be driven 80% in the cities, even highway trips will be mostly in the daytime with driving well below the speed limits ( i avoid highways in the dark as much as possible) that eliminates the need for LED headlamps and more airbags.
Mr.RaghavDhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 22:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Seems then i'm getting myself a Verna SX. My car will be driven 80% in the cities, even highway trips will be mostly in the daytime with driving well below the speed limits ( i avoid highways in the dark as much as possible) that eliminates the need for LED headlamps and more airbags.
Yes, except the leather seats, everything else is visually same then between SX and SX(O). Out of six airbags, two are back curtain required for rear passengers.

I don't know if SX is coming with sunroof these days. I think it does.

For mostly city usage and petrol automatic option, SX is an excellent variant.

I think you can upgrade the headlamps from the dealer anytime later too, in case you need it. Their HID kit costs some 25000 INR, when I saw it last. LED was not available earlier. Now that also will become available since one variant has it in the line up.

Anyway, wish you a very enjoyable time buying and driving the sedan!

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 24th May 2020 at 22:16.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 22:31   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post

I think you can upgrade the headlamps from the dealer anytime later too, in case you need it. Their HID kit costs some 25000 INR, when I saw it last. LED was not available earlier. Now that also will become available since one variant has it in the line up
Just a few points:-
1) HID Kit costs 25000?? That’s a big ripoff, you can get a full projector retrofit for that kind of money.
2) HIDs in reflectors is a big no-no. Too much glare and you’ll be blinding everyone.
3) LED units in the top most model are sealed headlight units, they do not have bulbs in them, they have LED chips with their drivers and cooling fans integrated into the headlight assembly.
drhoneycake is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 14:29   #38
BHPian

Has anybody had a chance to drive the turbo variant yet? Hyundai dealerships in Delhi don't seem to have any in stock yet.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 11:12   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Verna Reviews goes live

Last edited by Venkatesh : 24th June 2020 at 11:16.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 11:32   #40
BHPian

I wish I could have the Verna. It's a really great car. The major deal breaker is the rear seats. There is just not enough space for tall occupants to sit.

Have driven for a Verna for a week (SX 1.6 Petrol) (Sadly that car met with a major accident in our family friend circle, full damage. No one was injured). I fell in love with the refinement level and the smooth gearbox. Can't wait to drive the 1.0L turbo varient someday. It's a very safe car if you are a solo driver and don't have occupants (due to space).

Only complaint in this facelift is that the car is jacked up and wheels like small like the Toyota Yaris.

Last edited by momsonlydriver : 24th June 2020 at 11:37.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 20:23   #41
BHPian

Saw a White Turbo parked at IN&OUT store at BPCL petrol pump, Race Course Road. Looked neat and also hard to distinguish from the previous model when you look at the back view. Not necessarily a bad thing I guess. Can anyone who's driven Verna turbo dct and Venue turbo dct confirm how similar their drive is?
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 18:34   #42
BANNED

Honestly speaking, I'm a little disappointed at how in the midst of the all the hype generated by the New City and the 7.5 Lakh rapid (which has, in a month become a 8 lakh rapid), the verna facelift seems to have been all but forgotten. And its not just a new face either, the verna has two new engines.

I have two questions and a request for the reviewers/moderators.
1: When will we see an official review for the New Verna?
2: A part of me thinks that this is a very mild facelift, since the verna has structurally remained the same (even the rear lights are the same), and the only change are the front grille and the front headlights, and the other part of me thinks that even though this is just a facelift, it has not one, not two, but three all new engines (shared with other hyundia/kia siblings, agreed, but new to the verna nevertheless) (although it can be further agreed that these were forced by necessity, not choice, since the older ones were not BS6). So, the question being, since this model is getting quite old (ageing gracefully, is what I prefer, looks much better than the new city), when can we expect an all new model from the ground up? Or will this be the last of the sedans, with verna being discontinued and only creta being the future option?
3: This is more of a request than a question. When you go for the review, can we please have a review of the 1.5 NA petrol with 113 bhp. The verna doesnt get the 1.4 turbo petrol, instead gets a 1.0 turbo with 118 bhp. So I would like to have a comparison of the similar power figured petrols. If time's a concern, you can skip the diesel, since that engine's already been reviewed in the seltos review.
turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 16:57   #43

Hi, can some one suggest best tyre update for Diesel sxo?
MaheshBapurao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 17:40   #44
S15
BANNED

Has the Ground Clearance of the Verna been increased?
I came across this video on youtube, and going by the thumbnail, the ground clearance seems adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
3: This is more of a request than a question. When you go for the review, can we please have a review of the 1.5 NA petrol with 113 bhp. The verna doesnt get the 1.4 turbo petrol, instead gets a 1.0 turbo with 118 bhp. So I would like to have a comparison of the similar power figured petrols. If time's a concern, you can skip the diesel, since that engine's already been reviewed in the seltos review.

with @turbo

Respected moderation and review team, could we please get to see an official review, especially now that we have a Rapid review as well. And if possible, could you ask Hyundai to give you a Black and a White car, instead of the Maroon-ish red they give to everyone, and nobody buys
S15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 18:55   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshBapurao View Post
Hi, can some one suggest best tyre update for Diesel sxo?
For my Verna, I have used 3 sets of Yokohama Earth1 195/55R16. Currently on the 4th set of the same. Absolutely great tyres.
drhoneycake is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks