Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2020, 00:08   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post
I tried moving the IRVM vertically but it seemed like it didn't want to budge with the same amount of force I applied for moving it horizontally. So I applied more force but it just made some creaking noises, so I left it alone for the fear of damaging something.
Get the IRVM checked by your dealership, it should move vertically as well. Congratulations on your car! Looks gorgeous in white .
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 00:16   #62
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Get the IRVM checked by your dealership, it should move vertically as well. Congratulations on your car! Looks gorgeous in white .
Thanks for the compliment. Will get it checked at the upcoming 1k service
Old 15th December 2020, 01:23   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying about the auto dimming part. I saw some YouTube video where people toggled the dimming feature with a button on the IRVM of some other Hyundai Car (think it was the Creta). I could only find SOS, Tow and bluelink buttons on the IRVM, hence got confused.
The button you're reffering is used to switch on/off the dimming function of the IRVM. This button was present in the old Creta and Verna. However, with the connected car features incorporated in the newer Hyundai models, this button is repalced by the SOS, Blue Link and Tow button as you mentioned.

Hence, now there's no button to manually switch off the dimming feature (which you'll never need too).

Since, yours is a SX(O) model, it does come with auto-dimming IRVM.

Quote:
I tried moving the IRVM vertically but it seemed like it didn't want to budge with the same amount of force I applied for moving it horizontally. So I applied more force but it just made some creaking noises, so I left it alone for the fear of damaging something.
We also own a Verna at home and I can relate to what you're expressing. Even I've felt that the vertical motion has little higher resistance than horizontal motion. But, I can confirm that they do move vertically, albeit with application of more force than what's needed in other cars.

I would still recommend you to try doing it safely using both your hands on the two ends of the IRVM. Try it slowly and if you feel it's still tight, get it checked during your next service.

Congrats on your new purchase. Enjoy the new ride and wishing you tons of memorable drives!
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 07:57   #64
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
The button you're reffering is used to switch on/off the dimming function of the IRVM. This button was present in the old Creta and Verna. However, with the connected car features incorporated in the newer Hyundai models, this button is repalced by the SOS, Blue Link and Tow button as you mentioned.

Hence, now there's no button to manually switch off the dimming feature (which you'll never need too).

Since, yours is a SX(O) model, it does come with auto-dimming IRVM.

We also own a Verna at home and I can relate to what you're expressing. Even I've felt that the vertical motion has little higher resistance than horizontal motion. But, I can confirm that they do move vertically, albeit with application of more force than what's needed in other cars.

I would still recommend you to try doing it safely using both your hands on the two ends of the IRVM. Try it slowly and if you feel it's still tight, get it checked during your next service.

Congrats on your new purchase. Enjoy the new ride and wishing you tons of memorable drives!
Thanks for your kind words and the informative post. It just so happened that I tried moving it vertically again today, albeit by applying force on the area behind the IRVM (near the hinge connecting it to the top) and using both the hands this time around, as you mentioned in your post and viola! It moved. Was just about to post an update and point out my stupidity. I do agree that it does take quite a bit more force and technique than my old Chevy Spark. Thanks again for helping me out
rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 22:17   #65
Senior - BHPian

Continental bags Hyundai India’s digital instrument cluster order, ramps up capacity; Tier 1 supplier begins supplying digital instrument clusters to the Hyundai Venue and Verna models from its Bangalore plant.

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-20201221_221236.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 13:50   #66
rpm
BHPian

Guys, I would like to know if the TPMS on the Verna is direct or indirect. Couldn't find it in the manual. I got curious when I saw the the TPMS show 39 PSI when we supposedly filled 35 PSI. I have read about the importance of calibration of manometers as well as the inaccuracies of an indirect TPMS on this very forum (thanks to knowledgeable TBHPians for sharing their insight). I've not ruled out the incorrect calibration of a direct TPMS either. Any inputs about the same will be appreciated.
rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 23:53   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I would like to know if the TPMS on the Verna is direct or indirect. Couldn't find it in the manual. I got curious when I saw the the TPMS show 39 PSI when we supposedly filled 35 PSI. I have read about the importance of calibration of manometers as well as the inaccuracies of an indirect TPMS on this very forum (thanks to knowledgeable TBHPians for sharing their insight). I've not ruled out the incorrect calibration of a direct TPMS either. Any inputs about the same will be appreciated.
In my opinion, an indirect (passive) TPMS does not show the Tyre pressure. Instead, an indirect TPMS uses ABS sensors to see if the rolling resistance in any one tire has increased (lower the pressure = flatter tyres = higher contact area = higher resistance)
And shows warning for the tyre in case of a leak. But it does not measure the tyre pressure. A direct (Active) TPMS uses pressure sensors specially installed for TPMS. These show the tyre pressure in each tyre and those sensors detect a falling air pressure directly and warn you.

In short, if you have the PSI displayed, like 35/39. Then you’re using an active TPMS.
If your car (like my Skoda) doesn’t show tyre pressures but alerts you only in case of a leak, then you’re using passive TPMS.

Also, buy a Tyre pressure gauge with a bleeder valve from Amazon. I personally use the one made by Karter. Tyre shops sometimes have screwed up equipment. Last week i asked a puncture guy to fill 33 PSI after fixing a leak, he filled 40 PSI (which his instrument showed as 33 PSI. This caused my Passive/indirect TPMS to go crazy. And when i checked it myself. I had to bleed out the tyre to 33 PSI.

Buy a good quality air compressor. I usually fill up all my tyres every week myself.

feel free to reach out for any help!

Last edited by Schneller : 8th January 2021 at 23:56. Reason: Typo
Schneller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 07:46   #68
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneller View Post
........ In short, if you have the PSI displayed, like 35/39. Then you’re using an active TPMS.
If your car (like my Skoda) doesn’t show tyre pressures but alerts you only in case of a leak, then you’re using passive TPMS.

Also, buy a Tyre pressure gauge with a bleeder valve from Amazon. I personally use the one made by Karter. Tyre shops sometimes have screwed up equipment. Last week i asked a puncture guy to fill 33 PSI after fixing a leak, he filled 40 PSI (which his instrument showed as 33 PSI. This caused my Passive/indirect TPMS to go crazy. And when i checked it myself. I had to bleed out the tyre to 33 PSI.

Buy a good quality air compressor. I usually fill up all my tyres every week myself.

feel free to reach out for any help!
Very informative. I've been thinking about an air compressor for this very reason. Seems like the primary suspect still is the equipment at petrol bunk. Thanks for extending your support, good sir

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th March 2021 at 10:44. Reason: As requested
Old 9th January 2021, 13:42   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Very informative. I've been thinking about an air compressor for this very reason. Seems like the primary suspect still is the equipment at petrol bunk. Thanks for extending your your support, good sir
I’m not affiliated to these products in anyway but,
What I personally find working good for me, (after owning 2 good quality air compressors, not the cheap ones) the best one to go for is a brand named TUSA. You can find it on Amazon. As for a tire pressure gauge, it’s KARTER but, you can buy any with a bleed valve. Also if you’re pressure still comes up high, you can calibrate the TPMS on your next long drive but, i doubt this is the error. If the filling equipment was manual, not automated. There’s a high chance this is the reason.

Best of luck
Schneller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 03:25   #70
S15
BANNED

Looks like the Verna's back to where it belongs, right at the top of the sales charts.
And the competition from the City seems to have fizzled out pretty soon. One massively overpriced car, that.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-www.autopunditz.com89file.jpg  

S15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 07:59   #71
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post
Looks like the Verna's back to where it belongs, right at the top of the sales charts.
And the competition from the City seems to have fizzled out pretty soon. One massively overpriced car, that.
I'm not really sure if this momentary fame can actually be attributed to Verna's own merits vis-à-vis the competition. The dip in sales is primarily being attributed to chip/semiconductor shortage according to this Rushlane article: https://www.rushlane.com/mid-size-se...-12398996.html
Quote:
The staggering fall in sales is mainly attributed to the global shortage of semiconductor chips.
Now the question arises, why didn't the semiconductor shortage affect Hyundai then? According to GTO (The 2nd-gen Mahindra XUV500, coming in Q3-2021), some manufacturers, viz., Hyundai, Tata, Maruti accurately predicted that the market would recover post Covid and did not ask their vendors to significantly cut down on production. Other manufacturers who didn't expect such a quick recovery are likely suffering from the ill effects of their inaccurate predictions.
rpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 12:50   #72
Senior - BHPian

Its not just the chips. Hyundai dealerships were sitting on a ton of unsold Verna inventory. This was financial year end so its sold at discount. The real picture will be obvious in the next few months.
Old 7th April 2021, 19:33   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post
Typical of Hyundai, pushing flop models under dealers throat's at the end of financial year. The city is showing low dispatches due to production constraints at the factory due to the global semiconductor shortage. You can see on many threads about members writing that they have received waiting periods of 4-5 months even and about the reason for the delay. Now I don't know about you but a 5 month waiting period doesn't sound like a flop car to me!

Last edited by vb-saan : 13th May 2021 at 12:51. Reason: Excessive dots removed. Thank you!
sodapop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 20:31   #74
S15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
The city is showing low dispatches due to production constraints at the factory due to the global semiconductor shortage.

And somehow the shortage doesnt affect the Honda Amaze, which they manage to sell 5 thousand + units?
S15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 20:12   #75
rpm
BHPian

Hyundai Verna 2021 now gets Wireless Android Auto & Apple Car Play.

Skip to 12:10 for the relevant part.

Last edited by rpm : 11th May 2021 at 20:14.
rpm is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks