Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 13:39   #61
BHPian

well palio and estilo buyers are two opposite groups of people - the performance minded people will buy the 1.6 palio and the hmmm i still don't know these people who will buy estilo

Anyways I think the palio stile is actually the fiat stilo - unfortunately they could not call it stilo because zen eSTILO was already on the roads at that time

Ok i just discovered this - a colleague in my office is getting married in 4 months and his wife-to-be just asked him to buy an estilo as their 2nd car (mostly for her) when they get married. So this colleague walked into office today with a very long sad face and broke this news to us - i think he maybe reconsidering his decision to marry her hehehhe just kidding he'll buy the estilo for her for sure - another pink estilo on the roads of bangalore coming up
Old 5th July 2007, 13:47   #62
Senior - BHPian

Facts remain facts and Estilo is selling well. Period.

Quote:
We (me and my office colleagues) saw a pinky red (i'm little color blind) estilo today at jc road parking complex while gettin our seats covered in artificial leather and then we saw the owner and laughed our *** off - it was an old man and we were like this poor old henpecked guy must be seriously scared of his wife to buy this clown car haha man i tell u it was so funny!! I mean I know quite a few girls and they dont wanna be anywhere near that thing, also I am from Pune and have seen oldies who wouldn't wanna be seen in that car - they'd rather drive around in a premier padmini than estilo
Why are we so concerned and complaining if we dont own one ? The owners have no complaints atleast.

Come on folks I think its one's own choice and we need to respect that.
Old 5th July 2007, 14:13   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Facts remain facts and Estilo is selling well. Period.
. Estilo serves the purpose why it was launched. It is nothing but a "flanking strategy" in marketing terms. It was launched to take some sales out of Santro and inadvertently, some marketshare of WagonR too (That is the risk Maruti took, successfully).
Estilo is never meant to storm the market like Swift did, and it is doing that job pretty well.
Old 5th July 2007, 15:28   #64
BANNED

The alto ,wagon R also did not sell initially when they were launched . Infact Alto was a total failure because there was maruti 8005speed . And people thought wagon R looked funny .

Maruti has positioned the wagon R with dual fuel (CNG/Petrol ) and estilo as a single fuel car . I think maruti is of the opinion that wagon R has a boyish look and estilo has a girlish look .
Old 5th July 2007, 15:31   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think maruti is of the opinion that wagon R has a boyish look and estilo has a girlish look .
Bottom line they still sell.

Quote:
Infact Alto was a total failure because there was maruti 8005speed . And people thought wagon R looked funny .
Talk of perceptions .
Old 5th July 2007, 15:32   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
I think maruti is of the opinion that wagon R has a boyish look and estilo has a girlish look .
So they have a lovely couple in their stable
Old 5th July 2007, 16:44   #67
Senior - BHPian

Guys, let us not blow things out of proportion.
It maybe ugly looking for some, but still, a practical choice for today's traffic clogged cities. Easy to park, easy to maneuver, fuel efficient and a pocket rocket in straight line.
Of course it could have been done with a better build and better gearshift. But again, you cant get everything, can you?
Old 5th July 2007, 17:04   #68
BHPian

Yes and theres a huge number of people who want a car with that description "ugly looking for some, but still, a practical choice for today's traffic clogged cities. Easy to park, easy to maneuver, fuel efficient and a pocket rocket in straight line" which is why estilo is selling

but yes on a serious note - most ppl who just want a car from reputed ol' maruti with good A$$ and ability to get em from A to B in crowded city traffic - estilo is the answer.

Its like this - there are some people who want the best looking computer with loads of memory and Terabytes of storage and a 42" lcd monitor + graphics card with 1gb video memory - but at the end of the day all they get time for is, some after office hours browsing when they get home. The same thing could be done by an old pentium with 128mb memory and 5gb storage and a mono monitor.

So metaphorically speaking the estilo does the job in the crowded city for all the people who own it and in quite a few cases the women may like its cutie looks or better still fall for some guy who owns a pink estilo

Thats all there is to it

over and out,
J
Old 5th July 2007, 20:31   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Yes and theres a huge number of people who want a car with that description "ugly looking for some, but still, a practical choice for today's traffic clogged cities. Easy to park, easy to maneuver, fuel efficient and a pocket rocket in straight line" which is why estilo is selling

but yes on a serious note - most ppl who just want a car from reputed ol' maruti with good A$$ and ability to get em from A to B in crowded city traffic - estilo is the answer.

Its like this - there are some people who want the best looking computer with loads of memory and Terabytes of storage and a 42" lcd monitor + graphics card with 1gb video memory - but at the end of the day all they get time for is, some after office hours browsing when they get home. The same thing could be done by an old pentium with 128mb memory and 5gb storage and a mono monitor.

So metaphorically speaking the estilo does the job in the crowded city for all the people who own it and in quite a few cases the women may like its cutie looks or better still fall for some guy who owns a pink estilo

Thats all there is to it

over and out,
J
So does the Wagon R, some find it more "appealing" in terms of looks and functionality than the Estilo.
Old 5th July 2007, 21:31   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
The alto ,wagon R also did not sell initially when they were launched . Infact Alto was a total failure because there was maruti 8005speed . And people thought wagon R looked funny .

Maruti has positioned the wagon R with dual fuel (CNG/Petrol ) and estilo as a single fuel car . I think maruti is of the opinion that wagon R has a boyish look and estilo has a girlish look .
Alto was not a total failure. but its sales were never close to that of the M800.

And with good reason. The 5-speed M800 is considered the best M800 iteration till date. Too bad they discontinued it to push Alto sales.
Old 5th July 2007, 22:34   #71
BHPian

so what is the current sales of estilo....how many units are being sold by maruti in a month
Old 6th July 2007, 00:07   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
so what is the current sales of estilo....how many units are being sold by maruti in a month
July ACI reports 3685 units. 9th in the top-10. however, sales comes even below SX4 (8th).
Old 6th July 2007, 01:17   #73
BHPian

Zen Estilo future is in dark... no way guys
its a good car ( if u forget about rear seat) and if u see Maruti history we get to know that their cars first rises then falls and then rises again
hope this continues with zen estilo also
Old 6th July 2007, 13:45   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
And if I may ask what "ugly looking,but still a practical choice for today's traffic clogged city, easy to park, easy to maneuver, fuel efficient and a pocket rocket in straight line" car are you driving ?

Come on man, like I said its a personal choice one makes. We have no say on that.

I drive a baleno you might find it ugly and unappealing , but for me its appealing.

Quote:
Zen Estilo future is in dark... no way guys
The magic has always worked in favour of Maruti .
Old 6th July 2007, 14:10   #75
Senior - BHPian

The estilo is actually a decent car. I think the only reason this thread has taken this turn due to the mob mentality. one guy says it is ugly & it is supported by a few more & then it goes on to become an epic. If you are talking funny, i found the 1998 santro to be riot, but it still went on to become one of the most successful hatches in india.

Actually, the estilo is a great looking car, beautifully finished, it has a feminine look to it, that's all. Just compare the front door & the quarter glass with that of the current hottest car, the SX4.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks