View Poll Results: Hot or Not?
Hot 389 71.90%
Not 152 28.10%
Voters: 541. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2020, 11:06   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6

Seriously considered buying one pre-owned a few years back. One of the reasons I backed off is because it does not fit in my garage (and I've occasionally had issues with rats when cars are parked outside). I think it has a perfect front/back/side profile for a sedan - the bonnet length, cabin length and boot length are so proportionate. They literally don't make simple non-curvy designs like this anymore.

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-2010_honda_accord_picture-2.jpg
SmartCat is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 11:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
This is going to sound unreal, but I'll post it anyway - I saw a 9,50,000 mile run 2008 8th gen Honda Accord V6 on sale in Craigslist back in 2017 in the US.
Owner must be a nice guy (or a girl) to not roll back the odometer and sell the car.

950k miles is quite possible- the car must be driven extensively on the highway. The actual wear would be equivalent to average user's 200k miles. Which city was this in?
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 11:40   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
This is going to sound unreal, but I'll post it anyway - I saw a 9,50,000 mile run 2008 8th gen Honda Accord V6 on sale in Craigslist back in 2017 in the US.

Assuming that it was a genuine listing (with it being Craigslist), that's a mind-boggling number of miles on a car. How's that for reliability?
Not unreal. Good roads in the US does help!

This million-mile 2013 Elantra, for example - reached the 7 digit milestone in just 5 years of ownership and with the original powertrain!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd May 2020 at 11:42.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 11:45   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for lava red HOT! A V6. Haha, this is a no brainer of an answer. I'd buy even a rotten FIAT PANDA with rust holes in the floor plate if they show me a V6 under the hood for that matter. Nothing like a V6 growl. It can convert a die hard turbo fan permanently into an NA bhakt!

And then, the Accord has always been one handsome car . One of the better designs from the far east, in all generations pretty much.

Last edited by Reinhard : 23rd May 2020 at 12:10.
Reinhard is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 11:54   #20
BHPian

Honda was progressively increasing the size of the Accord alongside the age of its target demographic until this one. This model is huge in relation to the 2000 Accord V6 I owned in the US. After this generation Honda finally realised it had become too big.

My brother had the 4 cyl version and I have ridden in this a few times. It's a barge and quite refined. Nice interior and seats. The sheer size makes quite the impression when you pull up. Better with the AT, suits the car better. Drivers car? No.

The 2007 V6 is a better package, I came very close to buying one. Looks better, looks smaller and drives smaller too. The 2007 had a different rear end which looks much better than the pre- facelift.
Beast_of_Burden is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 12:35   #21
BHPian

Voted hot.The accord has been on my radar since last one year.The car looks awesome even to date combined with plush rear seats and a few modifications.
Old 23rd May 2020, 13:06   #22
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd May 2020 at 14:19.
vivekrvcse is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd May 2020, 13:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Voted Hot. Actually it's super hot. The sheer fun of crazy revving NA petrol accompanied with missile-like forward shoot is absolute joy. And, it becomes even more relevant when you look at the A segment hatchback money it can be had for now in the used car market.

Posting here about my cousin's car here since he's not a teambhpian. He picked up his 2005 3 litre V6 in 2014 with just 46,000 KMs on the clock. He had zeroed in on Polo TSI but got tempted by this one at almost one third of Polo's price. He took the plunge then and has no regrets. The money saved was invested on a diesel Ecosport as main/daily drive. Makes sense because the size and fuel economy dictates Accord can only supplement your regular diesel mini SUV. That said, you will be shocked to know it returned almost 10 kpl on highway at steady 70 kph on one mileage test-drive. But it's very difficult to drive this car at sedate speeds. More than top speed, the dizzying acceleration is very addictive.

He piled up another 21,000 kms on the clock in last 6 years and is happy he bought this. Everyone should, at least once in one's life, own a 3 litre V6 car to get the bug out. And, Accord is the cheapest 3/3.5 litre V6 option available to us in India. I get my fill once in a while by borrowing his.

This signet silver colour 15 year old will put 2 year old cars to shame in paint shine. I will leave with some pics here taken in 2019 during service but the pics don't do justice to the paint gloss, at all. He got those lights from US in 2016.
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-h1.jpg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-h2.jpg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-h3.jpg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-h4-2.jpg  

pgsagar is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 13:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

I have always wanted to buy this car - in the 3.5L V6 version. It is still on my bucket list of cars. We already have a Honda in the garage - from 2002, so I am sure I will enjoy this one much more. Let's see, maybe a year or two down the line. I believe there are many examples available in the used car market - maybe because of the poor F.E. Surely, this will be a nice car to own.
Old 23rd May 2020, 13:27   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Owner must be a nice guy (or a girl) to not roll back the odometer and sell the car.
Odometer tampering is a huge offence in the U.S. I've seen shady body shops and mainstream dealers alike work around other stuff with used cars - such as off-the-books bodywork so that Carfax doesn't catch wind of accident histories. But odometers are still sacrosanct.

Quote:
950k miles is quite possible- the car must be driven extensively on the highway. The actual wear would be equivalent to average user's 200k miles. Which city was this in?
This was in Manchester, Connecticut. Roads in this state are among the best in the North Eastern parts. You only need to cross the border over to Massachusetts or New Jersey to realize how good Connecticut's roads are. This state has the second highest property tax rates after California - and not for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not unreal. Good roads in the US does help!
That is true!

Quote:
This million-mile 2013 Elantra, for example - reached the 7 digit milestone in just 5 years of ownership and with the original powertrain!
I remember this Elantra from 2018. It was in the news. It was owned by a woman in the delivery business and she used to drive hundreds of highway miles a day. Hyundai (being hungry for a better reputation in that market) had gifted her a new car free of charge.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 13:56   #26
BHPian

Voted Hot. I have been using the 2.4 Accord for the last ten years and 1 lac km, So I believe I can say something regarding the maintenance, all I have done so far apart from the regular oil changes, is a change of AC cooling coil and one set of shock ups and one set of tyres. Yes, the mileage is on the lower side, but the overall costs actually makes it kind of cheap to run. Extremely happy user and finding it difficult to find a worthwhile replacement.
ronin is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 14:18   #27
BHPian

Voted NOT.
  • Despite the power on paper, it is not quick. Also, doesn't match the cars I already have.
  • Too large, and built from grounds up as a budget family sedan.
  • Brand. Every other cousin of mine in US have one as a beater car. In fact, this is potentially the car most Indians buy in US.
  • Price-the asking price is to high!!! Bring it to less than 3 lakhs, that is where it belongs. May be that is the range it is sold at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Voted for NOT.

Thanks to the lockdown and surplus time at hand - I've been searching for deals on OLX myself and had come across the Accord V6 offerings. One of the best examples I could find here is a 11 year old car, run 1L km and asking for 7.5 lakhs.
Thank you for nailing the negatives
WhiteKnight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 14:36   #28
BANNED

Although voted for Hot, but after burning my fingers with one such used example of this rare car - I would say that "they are awesome only till the moment no problem arises".

Not just service guys, even the engineers at Honda are clueless about the issues in this car - if they arise. Very smooth and reliable motor, but I would prefer an Octavia 1.8 against this one; no matter what the maintenance of Octavia is, at least the service guys know the car - and that's more important.
VKumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 15:10   #29
BHPian

Voted yes. I am in the market for a reliable jap. It's a wicked car to have. Corolla civic Accord Camry!
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 15:22   #30
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Voted NOT.

I am not yet at a stage in my life where I can live with the 6-8 kmpl mileage.
Tgo is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks