View Poll Results: Hot or Not?
Hot 389 71.90%
Not 152 28.10%
Voters: 541. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2022, 20:27   #76
BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6

While viewing cars like the Accord, I feel the maximum legroom possible with the co drivers seat pushed all the way forward is what’s important. A lot of folks buying this car even pre owned - would be for the chauffeur experience and hence one behind the other isn’t relevant.

I rarely see even qualified reviews shed light on this detail on cars like the Honda City, Skoda Superb etc.
armaan_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 23:03   #77
Senior - BHPian

Voted not. It's a FWD + CVT passenger hauler with abysmal fuel economy. The powerful engine is about the only thing sporty about this car. It's also much longer and difficult to maneuver than you would assume since it was built with the American family market in mind where space and fuel economy isn't a concern.

It's a good car if you want to impress people with "length" and want to look like chaffeured middle management. Not so good if you are an enthusiast.
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 23:53   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Voted not. It's a FWD + CVT passenger hauler with abysmal fuel economy. The powerful engine is about the only thing sporty about this car.
I May be wrong but wasn't the 3.5 V6 mated to a 5 speed Torque Converter unit in India? I believe the CVTs were only used on the smaller 1.5 engine of Honda city. Again, please do correct me if I'm wrong.
aveoman19 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 09:38   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveoman19 View Post
I May be wrong but wasn't the 3.5 V6 mated to a 5 speed Torque Converter unit in India? I believe the CVTs were only used on the smaller 1.5 engine of Honda city. Again, please do correct me if I'm wrong.

My apologies, I confused it with the later generation accord that was launched in 2016. Ignore my comment.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 22:45   #80

Hello Folks,

Just a quick question. For cars like accord or any other fuel guzlers, is there an electric conversion kit available?

If so, what would be the approximate costing?
I am currently rebuilding my dads 14 year old diesel car which is close to 200,000 KMS on ODO and I am in favor of converting the same to electric as we hold a sentimental value for this car.

Please advise.
Old 26th April 2023, 15:28   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Voted not. It's a FWD + CVT passenger hauler with abysmal fuel economy. The powerful engine is about the only thing sporty about this car. It's also much longer and difficult to maneuver than you would assume since it was built with the American family market in mind where space and fuel economy isn't a concern.

It's a good car if you want to impress people with "length" and want to look like chaffeured middle management. Not so good if you are an enthusiast.
It is a 5 speed Torque convertor not CVT. Fuel economy is 6-8 kmpl in city and 11-13 kmpl on highway depending on the driving style and traffic.
Having owned an accord 2.4 AT for quite sometime now, I can confirm that this a wonderful car to have.
I also own an Innova and a Sonata 2.4 GDI. After we bought the Accord, it has become the car everyone wants to go to long drive in - Even Innova has fallen a bit out of favor. Such is the silence and comfort insider the car. It is not a corner craver but masks speeds very well.
100 kmph seems like 50-60 kmph as the engine is spinning lazily at 1950 rpm and the car is very silent inside. the 60 profile 215/60R16 tires dismiss rough roads pretty decently and even the ground clearance is OK for such a long vehicle.
I would say the car grows on you over time and it is a joy to own and drive / get driven in.
Buffetfan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 02:30   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritedhawan View Post

Please keep a watch on the AT level and color. On plains and gear selector to 'D' from a stop, and you get insufficient crawl . Please check AT fluid level and color. I got it replaced from independent workshop and procured the same from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
What did this ATF cost you?
Old 18th May 2023, 09:42   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
What did this ATF cost you?
Check the link it leads to amazon page. It has the price.

I bought 4 bottles of it.
ritedhawan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 01:05   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Check the link it leads to amazon page. It has the price.

I bought 4 bottles of it.
I had seen the price but had to ask you to be sure. Rs.5128 (or was it Rs.7329?) per 946 ml is horrendously expensive! The same oil is available from Honda dealerships for 430 rupees per litre.

This is the same fluid being sold in the US as the ATF DW 1 and is used in all Honda torque converter automatics.
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-img_0693.jpeg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-atf1.jpeg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-atf2.jpeg  

Last edited by Athani : 19th May 2023 at 01:24.
Old 19th May 2023, 09:09   #85
BHPian

Quote:
I had seen the price but had to ask you to be sure. Rs.5128 (or was it Rs.7329?) per 946 ml is horrendously expensive! The same oil is available from Honda dealerships for 430 rupees per litre.
Obviously It was expensive for me. But at least I dont have to deal with crooks in ASS. I had the same job performed by ASS 4 years ago. At that time I got the same bill from ASS and at the time of leaving they even gave me a bottle which was half filled. That got me curious, because that would mean that they had simply filled the fluid to the brim and gave me the rest. Whilst at the same time charged me for 4 liters of it. When I asked them to confirm whether they had changed the complete fluid or not. They lied to my face that they did.

Additionally, I asked them to open the air box so that I can check the air filter. To my utter amazement it was dirty and let alone replace it it wasn't even aired by them and yet the audacity of ASS to charge me for the air filter on bill. These are the means by which ASS cheat thier customers.

The crucial point is , i dont trust ASS one bit. Give them your car and they will 'wall garden' that space so that you cant get near your own car and watch them service it.

I would gladly pay multiple for a part that I can buy outside which is close or equal to OEM specification. Atleast then I can take that part to my preferred workshop and get it replaced.

AS a matter of fact, I have been buying OEM parts from Boodmo. However, recently I have been so dissapointed with them. They wont even stock basic service parts let alone the other crucial parts for my car. I did resort to a KL, Malaysia seller recently for a crucial brake part and yes it did cost me import duty on top of the part value. But atleast it was a guarantee OEM part which is working great on my car.

I have recently got in touch with a Singapore seller for my cars basic maintainace parts. I have placed an order with them and waiting for the parts to arrive.
Old 19th May 2023, 09:26   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Obviously It was expensive for me. But at least I dont have to deal with crooks in ASS. I had the same job performed by ASS 4 years ago. At that time I got the same bill from ASS and at the time of leaving they even gave me a bottle which was half filled. That got me curious, because that would mean that they had simply filled the fluid to the brim and gave me the rest. Whilst at the same time charged me for 4 liters of it. When I asked them to confirm whether they had changed the complete fluid or not. They lied to my face that they did.

Additionally, I asked them to open the air box so that I can check the air filter. To my utter amazement it was dirty and let alone replace it it wasn't even aired by them and yet the audacity of ASS to charge me for the air filter on bill. These are the means by which ASS cheat thier customers.

The crucial point is , i dont trust ASS one bit. Give them your car and they will 'wall garden' that space so that you cant get near your own car and watch them service it.

I would gladly pay multiple for a part that I can buy outside which is close or equal to OEM specification. Atleast then I can take that part to my preferred workshop and get it replaced.

AS a matter of fact, I have been buying OEM parts from Boodmo. However, recently I have been so dissapointed with them. They wont even stock basic service parts let alone the other crucial parts for my car. I did resort to a KL, Malaysia seller recently for a crucial brake part and yes it did cost me import duty on top of the part value. But atleast it was a guarantee OEM part which is working great on my car.

I have recently got in touch with a Singapore seller for my cars basic maintainace parts. I have placed an order with them and waiting for the parts to arrive.
I won’t blame you for not trusting an ASS generally but I didn’t get the issue you had with the ATF replacement at your ASS. A D/F is roughly 3.5 litres. So they had to use four 1 litre bottles and they gave you one bottle with the 500 ml remaining. Nothing wrong with that - or am I missing something? What made you think they had not used 4 bottles? Were they unable to produce 3 empty bottles or something!

The ASS that I go to is not particularly bad but I always wait while my car is being serviced. There’s a large window in the waiting area that opens out into the shop floor and I always have my car parked right next to the window so that I can observe up close.

Anyway, if necessary, I’ll get in touch with you for contact details of the Malaysia and Singapore sellers. Cheers 👋
Old 19th May 2023, 11:56   #87
BHPian

Quote:
I won’t blame you for not trusting an ASS generally but I didn’t get the issue you had with the ATF replacement at your ASS. A D/F is roughly 3.5 litres. So they had to use four 1 litre bottles and they gave you one bottle with the 500 ml remaining. Nothing wrong with that - or am I missing something? What made you think they had not used 4 bottles? Were they unable to produce 3 empty bottles or something!

👋
Even though on that very day I had my suspicions about ATF. They kept on repeating that they had changed it.
That realization that they had cheated me on ATF replacement was confirmed much later. Ideally, once you get ATF replaced , it should last for atleast 30000-40000 KM. Mine lasted only half that and then the the color became reddish brown-black and then the reality dawned on me.

Also, I have lost my previous second hand Honda Accord 2007 thanks to not keeping up with ATF replacement interval.

Therefore, the cost multiple didnt matter to me esp. when it came to procuring ATF.
Old 29th November 2023, 14:02   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
If you are in the market for a pre-owned Honda Accord, go for the facelifted model (2011 to 2013). You don't pay much premium but get useful features like side airbags, sunroof, USB music playback etc

Dear SmartCat,
I am being offered a 30k run 2011 Accord (Fl) with manual transmission. The car has been serviced periodically by the authorised service centre. Are there any pain areas associated with Accord ownership, as I see it's almost been an year since you bought yours. Any design issues, things which need frequent attention etc. Also, do you get your car serviced by Honda A.S.S.?

What is your overall review after 1 year of ownership?

If I go for it, the Accord will be my first car. I am okay with the low FE but am expecting a product which is very solidly built and has bulletproof reliability.

And lastly, what to look out for when getting a used Accord? The car I'm talking about is the facelifted 2011 model which comes with the sunroof.
Denali is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 14:53   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post
Are there any pain areas associated with Accord ownership, as I see it's almost been an year since you bought yours. Any design issues, things which need frequent attention etc. Also, do you get your car serviced by Honda A.S.S.? What is your overall review after 1 year of ownership?
It's my brother's car and he gets it serviced at neighborhood garage.

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-20221227_161940.jpg

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-20230430_111655.jpg

Updates:

1) Got new tyres (Rs. 35k)
2) First service cost Rs. 8k (immediately after purchase, nothing significant as such - just changed/replaced lots of small bits + cleaning)
3) Steering oil leak (Rs. 2k fix) was the only mechanical issue
4) Electrical issues like USB working intermittently & stuck blaring horn, probably due to aftermarket head unit. (Rs. 3k fix)
5) Door beadings need replacement (but no water leakage inside yet)

Quote:
And lastly, what to look out for when getting a used Accord?
Before buying, check if the car needs airbag replacement. Enter VIN/Chassis number here and check:
https://www.hondacarindia.com/honda-...nt-information

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Honda Accord V6-screenshot_3.jpg

Last edited by SmartCat : 29th November 2023 at 14:58.
SmartCat is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 14:55   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post
Dear SmartCat,
I am being offered a 30k run 2011 Accord (Fl) with manual transmission. The car has been serviced periodically by the authorised service centre. Are there any pain areas associated with Accord ownership, as I see it's almost been an year since you bought yours. Any design issues, things which need frequent attention etc. Also, do you get your car serviced by Honda A.S.S.?

What is your overall review after 1 year of ownership?

If I go for it, the Accord will be my first car. I am okay with the low FE but am expecting a product which is very solidly built and has bulletproof reliability.

And lastly, what to look out for when getting a used Accord? The car I'm talking about is the facelifted 2011 model which comes with the sunroof.
Based on my discussion with FNG owner, steering rack is quite week and will need a replacement atleast once in its lifetime. Otherwise, he said it's a gem.
PG245 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks