Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2023, 10:52   #76
BHPian

re: BMW launches 6 year / unlimited km warranty EDIT: BMW discontinues 6th year warranty

My X1 is due to complete 2 years in March.

I had bought the BSI+ for 3 years and the BRI ends in March.

I got a warranty extension proposal for used car rather than an extension of the warranty.

The extension is from the date of invoice and not from the 0 kms date.

The cost is very high, so wanted to check if I missed something.

For 5 years its Rs. 3,20,000/-; 4 years its Rs. 1,60,000/-
Old 23rd January 2023, 12:36   #77
BHPian

re: BMW launches 6 year / unlimited km warranty EDIT: BMW discontinues 6th year warranty

Some mistakes in my earlier post.

The extended warranty works to the following
BMW Repair Inclusive ( Extended Warranty)

Description Option Code Model From date End date End Mileage Amount
Top of Form
Repair Inclusive (Extended Warranty) 07 CG X1 07 March 2023 08 March 2024 3RD years / Unlimited KMS
Repair Inclusive (Extended Warranty) 07 CH X1 07 March 2024 08 March 2025 4TH years / Unlimited KMS
Repair Inclusive (Extended Warranty) 07 CK X1 07 March 2025 08 March 2026 5TH years / Unlimited KMS

So not sure if this makes sense.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SI RI Brochure 2021.pdf..pdf (5.57 MB, 203 views)
Old 23rd January 2023, 12:47   #78
BHPian

If the warranty is being extended from the date of extension payment and not from 0 then most probably that is a dealer warranty. Get it checked.
Old 25th May 2023, 12:27   #79
BHPian

BMW has really hiked the prices of BRI. 3rd year extension now costs 78K (vs. 32K in 2021 when I bought the car). Is it really worth spending this much now on extended warranty?

Name:  Screenshot 20230525 at 12.21.41 PM.png
Views: 456
Size:  59.3 KB
Old 24th July 2023, 17:08   #80
BHPian

Re: BMW launches 6 year / unlimited km warranty EDIT: BMW discontinues 6th year warranty

Hi Guys,

I just got a shocker from Navnit BMW saying that the BSI & BRI package I had purchased in August 2018 has expired in June 2023. I had purchased the car in August 2018 and took delivery in September 2018.

I shared the invoice date and highlighted what monkey business is going on here ? I’m still awaiting a response from them.

Anyone else had this kind of issue ? How can they just shave away a couple of months ! Any leads to escalation with BMW India would be helpful.

Best
Old 24th July 2023, 18:59   #81
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW launches 6 year / unlimited km warranty EDIT: BMW discontinues 6th year warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbolt View Post
I just got a shocker from Navnit BMW saying that the BSI & BRI package I had purchased in August 2018 has expired in June 2023. I had purchased the car in August 2018 and took delivery in September 2018.

I shared the invoice date and highlighted what monkey business is going on here ? I’m still awaiting a response from them.

Anyone else had this kind of issue ? How can they just shave away a couple of months ! Any leads to escalation with BMW India would be helpful.
Someone at Navnit Motors messed up while activating the BSI & BRI package.

BSI & BRI Activation date can be either
1. Date of registration of car with RTO
2. Date car was billed to customer name by Showroom after receiving all payments.

You can write to BMW India at contact.india@bmw.in

They reply back and are prompt at resolving issues.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 14:34   #82
BHPian

Look at the audacity of Navnit BMW. How can the curtail the service package for some discount that they offered on the car. I have thankfully save the price list when purchasing the car where the BSI & BRI matches the invoice amount. These guys are nuts! Plain black and white commitment they are not honouring. It’s shocking.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW launches 6 year / unlimited km warranty EDIT: BMW discontinues 6th year warranty-img_8534.jpeg  

Old 26th July 2023, 18:54   #83
Senior - BHPian

BSI and BRI have nothing to do with price of car is my understanding ,

If you purchased car in August how are they saying they warranty start date is July 2018?
Old 27th July 2023, 05:38   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbolt View Post
Look at the audacity of Navnit BMW. How can the curtail the service package for some discount that they offered on the car. I have thankfully save the price list when purchasing the car where the BSI & BRI matches the invoice amount. These guys are nuts! Plain black and white commitment they are not honouring. It’s shocking.
When I last visited Navnit BMW, they charged me 5k for a monsoon checkup, they were caught because they did not provide any checkup report and did not clean the sunroof drains which was a part of that checkup. BMW must audit its Mumbai dealers. I never really had a good experience with any of them. The BMW workshops in Pune and Gujarat are considerably superior.
adi58 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 17:30   #85
BHPian

Folks, just booked an X1 petrol M and getting delivered by month end. Having gone through this thread, does it make sense to agree with the following:

1) BRI - 5 years - should be taken - costs about 2.3L for X1

2) BSI - my running will be about 10 K every year and the plus version (parts replacement) can be avoided.

Am I right to assume the above? Can we expect the cost of replacement to be similar or lesser than the difference between BSI and BSI plus?

Also, do dealers provide 'deals' on BRI and BSI or these are typically non-negotiable. I ask because until the last month, the third year BRI was offered as free - worth about 46K, and this month it has been removed. Although, the dealer added 50K discount in lieu.

Grateful for your guidance!
Old 18th October 2023, 17:47   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by we_pull View Post
1) BRI - 5 years - should be taken - costs about 2.3L for X1

2) BSI - my running will be about 10 K every year and the plus version (parts replacement) can be avoided.

Am I right to assume the above?
Based on my experience, I think you are right in these assumptions. Take 5 years BRI for sure.

For 10k km a year running, BSI Plus is an overkill. In fact, I am tempted to say even BSI is not required for 10k km a year.

Based on my experiences of running and maintaining a 320d over last 5 years, I have come to thinking that BSI is worth it only if your running is more than 15k km a year. It is a 50:50 game if you run between 10k to 15k km a year. And if your running is less than or about 10k km a year, then just paying for your service as you need it is probably cheaper.

Besides the finances and costs, not having BSI is also easier on the service visits. You can club different CBS requirements in one visit as per your convenience when you are paying for those. With BSI, BMW is rigid about what they can replace when, and you will have to make multiple service center visits for small CBS things.

So overall, I am much happier without BSI than with BSI.

Of course, please take all these suggestions with a pinch of salt, and please take your own decision. These are all probabilistic assumptions, and in reality, things could happen that could prove these wrong. For example, unfortunately, for some reason if you happen to burn out the brake discs or pads much faster than usual, then having BSI would be better than not having it.

But assuming nothing unusual happens, then for 10k km a year, I would not recommend BSI. BRI is a must for sure!

Last edited by Dr.AD : 18th October 2023 at 17:51.
Dr.AD is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 01:05   #87

Hello everyone,

I'm thrilled to share that I'm finally on the brink of fulfilling my long-held dream of owning a BMW 330i. The dealer here has a 2023 November billed model available, which presents a great opportunity for me. However, there seems to be some confusion regarding the warranty and the BMW Repair Inclusive (BRI) package.

The dealer claims that the warranty for the car commenced in November itself, meaning I would lose three months of warranty coverage. Additionally, they are quoting a higher price for the BRI package, stating that it's counted from November. As far as I understand, both the warranty and the BRI should begin after one purchases the car, not from the billing date.

I seek insights from experts in this matter. Can anyone confirm if the dealer's stance is correct?

Thank you for your assistance.

Warm regards
Old 17th March 2024, 08:35   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpkd View Post
The dealer here has a 2023 November billed model available, which presents a great opportunity for me. However, there seems to be some confusion regarding the warranty and the BMW Repair Inclusive (BRI) package.

The dealer claims that the warranty for the car commenced in November itself, meaning I would lose three months of warranty coverage. Additionally, they are quoting a higher price for the BRI package, stating that it's counted from November.
Surprised to see this. Your dealer is definitely trying to pull a fast one on you. Billed in November 2023 means billed to the dealer and not to the end customer, i.e. 'committed' in BMW-speak. I would suggest checking if this car was somehow sold to a customer (which explains why the BRI commenced in November itself), and then rejected for whatever reason. Alternatively, is it a showroom or demo vehicle?

You are absolutely right in your statement about having 30 days from your invoice date to choose whether you want to buy the BRI/BSI packages (called 'early sale' price) as opposed to the 'late sale' price.

Do your research very carefully and simply walk away if not satisfied. Best case is to get the complete VIN and run it through Vahan and the BMW warranty page here: https://www.bmwindia.com/BMWServicePackagesStatus

Last edited by itwasntme : 17th March 2024 at 08:39.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks