Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used Renault Duster today?
Yes 225 40.76%
No 327 59.24%
Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2022, 11:49   #91

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Renault Duster

Hi Vasanth,
I have driven a kicks 1.5 petrol that I had rented from zoomcar for nearly 600kms. The car was good to drive but the suspension was stiffer compared to a 85ps diesel duster that I have been in. The fuel efficiency is on the lower side if you will be driving in the ghats and single lane roads. Take a test drive of the car and try to drive a diesel duster as well. From what I know the 110ps had issues and the 85ps diesel was fairly reliable.
Old 8th February 2022, 19:21   #92

Hi Vasanth,

Well, my wife and I are the proud owners of a Duster RXS CVT!
We purchased our White Panda when Renault brought in the CVT version way back around 2017!

We initially had booked a Vento Highline DSG AT back then, but was never convinced because of the GC issues and I didn't want to opt for the AMT Diesel Duster because of the notchy gearbox.

I recently drove it from Bengaluru to Bhubaneswar (my native), with just my parents (Dad 65, and mom 58) and they were super happy! No RT-PCRs, no airport hassles, no congested seats! They didn't feel tired, no joint pains, no back pains, absolutely nothing!

The fuel efficiency I got was ~14 kmpl, with full time AC on, 5 cabin bags, 3 large bags, my daughter's slider, couple of shoe bags, 2 food bags, 2 dolls. Yes, the boot was full, so dumped everything behind driver seat with some more room to spare.

In city traffic I put in on Auto Mode, On highways I drove it on Manual Step-CVT (6 SPEED)

Overall ownership experience has been great!
No issues or niggles so far.
No intent to change it until I find something worthy of replacing a Duster's ride quality and practically. I am not a fan of fancy stuff.

The other vehicles that we currently have is a Brezza 2021 Petrol ZX+. And the TUV 300 T8 mHawk100 (2016 model) belongs to my father. So I can vouch for what I am saying.

Highways : Duster
Rural Odisha roads : TUV 300
City roads : Brezza

That sorts us out.
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Renault Duster-img_20220114_101520__01.jpg  

SankalpSingh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 15:14   #93
BHPian

Re: 3 year old used Renault Duster. Buy? Leave? Please advice

Hey,
Looking at the post its very obvious that you love the duster with all your heart. i would say it is a good buy but considering Renault' service network, it doesn't really seem worth it. Spares will be difficult, but then Renault has sold many dusters so it doesn't seem like an issue! Very confusing, but I would like to recommend the Nexon to you, which is more modern and hopefully you wont face any issues with it. Looking forward to your decision
Old 13th February 2022, 11:53   #94
BHPian

Dear Duster Lovers.

I always wanted to own one. When I bought my car (Swift Dzire ZDI AMT) in 2016, I had tested Duster 110PS RXZ amt and It was love at first sight, However it was available at no less than 17L on road in Pune at that time and was way out my budget. I still feel a strong need to own one.

Reason to do away with current Dzire AMT: Jerky gearbox and stiff ride despite regular services from Maruti Suzuki Service Center.

I am getting a used one with the following details and need opinion of my team bhp pals here whether I can go for this deal.
  • Model: Duster 110PS RXZ AMT
  • Year: 2017
  • Running: 19000 km
  • Asked price: 9.0L (Looks ok to me if compared with Cars24, Spinny etc)
  • Owner: First Owner (Private Seller)

Does it look like a deal?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Achint
Old 13th February 2022, 13:44   #95
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
Does it look like a deal?
With such low mileage I doubt it was ever serviced on time. In which case you can kiss the warranty and the prospects of getting it extended to 7 years/100,000 km goodbye.

Not recommended for a Duster 110 PS engine and especially with AMT.

Ask for the VIN, I’ll see if i can arrange the vehicle history recorded by Renault. If the owner is registered on the myRenault app and you ask nicely, he can pull up the records too for you.

Coming from a swift you must expect a significant increase in maintenance costs too.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 15:09   #96
BHPian

Duster was my favorite car too but I'd suggest to avoid the 110PS as it has frequent injector failure issues and Duster AMT isn't quite reliable as the 85PS manual. Still, spares are on the higher side for Renault Nissan.
Old 23rd March 2022, 13:16   #97
BHPian

Hi BHPians

What is your opinion on below used Duster from Cars24, please?

2018 Renault Duster RXS CVT 105 PS AUTOMATIC
17k kms
Petrol
1st Owner
KA-50
Asking price ₹9,82,799(No negotiation at Cars24)

What would be the fuel efficiency, in City and highway?

Ref : https://www.cars24.com/buy-used-rena...ru-1024393864/
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Renault Duster-capture.jpg  

Old 17th September 2022, 12:17   #98

Should I buy a used Duster

Hello Team-BHPins,
I am currently driving 2021 Nexon XZA+ Diesel, Having used a Renault Lodgy for a very time, I find nexon very "Different". I have already discussed it on https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5321564 (Finding the Tata Nexon's suspension to be too firm & bumpy | How to improve ride quality?)

I am not finding Nexon's AMT transmission suitable for my driving style and conditions so I am planning to buy a manual car and give the nexon to my younger brother. I found a 2016 Renault Duster RXS 85 PS with low mileage through contacts and I am keep on buying it because of the ride quality and refinement Renault offers, at the same time I am equally concerned about parts availability and reliability of the car as I live in a third tier city.
Should I bet on Duster?
Old 18th September 2022, 06:18   #99
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Should I buy a used Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilendra Jain View Post
Hello Team-BHPins,
I am currently driving 2021 Nexon XZA+ Diesel, Having used a Renault Lodgy for a very time, I find nexon very "Different". I have already discussed it on https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5321564 (Finding the Tata Nexon's suspension to be too firm & bumpy | How to improve ride quality?)

I am not finding Nexon's AMT transmission suitable for my driving style and conditions so I am planning to buy a manual car and give the nexon to my younger brother. I found a 2016 Renault Duster RXS 85 PS with low mileage through contacts and I am keep on buying it because of the ride quality and refinement Renault offers, at the same time I am equally concerned about parts availability and reliability of the car as I live in a third tier city.
Should I bet on Duster?
This is quite a conundrum, I have driven and experienced the Renault Duster 85PS as a cousin of mine has one, he has held on to it for quite a long time now, and it is still in top shape with no problems at all. It feels quite reliable and parts availability doesn't seem to be an issue at least in our area.

There is absolutely no car that can match the ride and handling of this car in the compact SUV segment and if you are getting a good deal, I would advise you to go ahead.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 09:01   #100
Senior - BHPian

Re: Should I buy a used Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilendra Jain View Post
Should I bet on Duster?
Are you ok with moving on to a heavy clutch MT from an AMT? The duster will overall beat Nexon in terms of ride quality but if your drive pattern is mostly in traffic, then would not suggest switching to a manual transmission with heavy clutch.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 20:36   #101

Hello BHPians,

I am looking for a car with good GC, reliable engine with good fuel efficiency. I spotted a 2018 Duster diesel 110PS with low mileage (28K) with asking price of 8 Lakhs. The car looks neat and clean, in and out. I am tempted to buy it. I like the styling of Duster more than Creta or Nexon and have heard that Renault diesel engines are reliable and has good FE.

I have a 2012 Fabia petrol and have been driving it for past 11 years. Today When I test drive the Duster I felt the doors of the duster sounded light when compared to my Fabia. Is this something I should care about? Even the ride quality did not WOW me and felt that my Fabia does better than Duster. Am I getting this right or is it because of me getting so used to my Fabia?

Checked the service history of the Duster. The last service was done in May -23 because of a breakdown. They mentioned that Relay was replaced to fix it. Otherwise there are only regular servicing and checks. Is this issue with Relay any serious one?

Overall should i go with this option? Any advice, suggestions?
Old 20th December 2023, 15:44   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrsraja View Post
Hello BHPians,

I am looking for a car with good GC, reliable engine with good fuel efficiency. I spotted a 2018 Duster diesel 110PS with low mileage (28K) with asking price of 8 Lakhs.
Avoid the 110 PS engine. It is known to have issues with injectors. Instead look for the 85PS versions which is very reliable.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed