Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2020, 12:54   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai: Crossing 2 km radius could get your vehicle seized

Back at it again. Is there any hope for us?

Strict legal action will be taken and vehicles will be seized if any non-permitted & non-essential vehicular movement is noticed. This is not just against the rules but also not in favour of your own safety, at this crucial moment in Mumbai’s fight against #COVID19

https://twitter.com/MumbaiPolice/sta...65025190109184
Old 22nd August 2020, 09:51   #77
BHPian

Mumbai Police at it again!

I really dont get this! One side the central govt and state govt are unlocking, nearly unlocked with just restaurants & gyms to open in Maharashtra, the other side police are making their own rules! I am travelling in my own car, taking all precautions, why does it bother you?

We are well educated to take all precautions and not here to be baby sit by the police! And if someone doesn't take precautions its their risk. The police can't decide what's essential/non essential travel for me , specially at this stage.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai: Crossing 2 km radius could get your vehicle seized-photo20200822092220.jpg  

Old 22nd August 2020, 13:24   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Mumbai Police at it again!
Yash, what’s the date of the article you have forwarded? Except for the warning tweet article that vehicles would be seized, there is no current dated report on actual number of vehicles seized in Mumbai in the last few days.

I called the Traffic Police headquarters, a Mr. Thakur confirmed there would be no seizing of vehicles in Mumbai.

Unnecessary confusion created by the powers that be, due to conflicting information without co-ordination or clarity.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 13:25   #79
BHPian

Mumbai: Crossing 2 km radius could get your vehicle seized

Quote:
I am travelling in my own car, taking all precautions, why does it bother you?

That is because we are governed by people who have got the power based on money power or reservation and not by merit.

Look at pictures being circulated of Dadar market it looks like a stampede. No rules are applicable there or implemented because they cannot afford to pay the fine and are also vote bank. I am in favour of things reopening as people have to work to survive. But the policy should be the same for all.

We as middle class, honest tax paying people have to shoulder the burden of filling the exchequer by paying fines. Harsh truth!

These Babus are going to do more damage than Covid-19.
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 14:01   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Yash, what’s the date of the article you have forwarded? Except for the warning tweet article that vehicles would be seized, there is no current dated report on actual number of vehicles seized in Mumbai in the last few days.

I called the Traffic Police headquarters, a Mr. Thakur confirmed there would be no seizing of vehicles in Mumbai.

Unnecessary confusion created by the powers that be, due to conflicting information without co-ordination or clarity.

Cheers

Hi, The article is of today, here is the link

The HQ is far away from the reality on the ground. I hope everyone gets a Mr Thakur at the nakabandi.

They recently even started MSRTC busses within the state and there is no pass required for that! But for us travelling in our cars minding our own business they want to harass us. I dont even think its right to seize vehicles, legally I am not sure they can do that without a warrant. The traffic policeman has the right to seize a vehicle’s documents or driving license in case of any suspicion or violation. But who's to challenge them? The article came, people are angry and confused , but not even one minister has come forward against it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
That is because we are governed by people who have got the power based on money power or reservation and not by merit.

Look at pictures being circulated of Dadar market it looks like a stampede. No rules are applicable there or implemented because they cannot afford to pay the fine and are also vote bank. I am in favour of things reopening as people have to work to survive. But the policy should be the same for all.

We as middle class, honest tax paying people have to shoulder the burden of filling the exchequer by paying fines. Harsh truth!

These Babus are going to do more damage than Covid-19.

Yes I saw the pictures of the Dadar flower market and also videos of some mumbai local trains, they were jam packed with people. Where is social distancing being followed there? Why aren't the cops being after them? Why always honest tax payers have to be attacked ? And for what? travelling in our own cars? I can't visit my aged family member who's at the other side of the city living alone?

Last edited by Y@SH : 22nd August 2020 at 14:03.
Y@SH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 10:35   #81
BHPian

Hi team,

Just wanted to ask is there any night curfew now? As per the central governments orders there is nothing nor any restriction for interstate travel but we all know rules in Mumbai differ!

I have to visit my plant in Khopoli to oversee some breakdown work that will be carried out at night. I will have to travel from Andheri, pick up my engineer from Byculla and then head to the plant. I plan to leave at 9pm and return next day early morning. Please advice if any issue travelling in within Mumbai at night or InterState.

Thank You in advance!
Old 11th September 2020, 12:37   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to ask is there any night curfew now? As per the central governments orders there is nothing nor any restriction for interstate travel but we all know rules in Mumbai differ!
No problem for travel anywhere, Mumbai or interstate and no night curfew either. My friend did a road trip Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Mumbai, 8th to 10th September (got back last night) with no issues.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 11th September 2020 at 12:39.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 17:23   #83
BHPian

Received a Forward from one of my friends. New rules in Mumbai Again.

As per point no 2, movement restricted of person/s to prevent spread of COVID and any movement for non essential is prohibited too.

However in point 3, subpoint iii, it says exempted activities as per earlier rules stand exempted, so I really don't get the point of this notification.
Attached Images

Old 17th September 2020, 18:47   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Received a Forward from one of my friends. New rules in Mumbai Again.

As per point no 2, movement restricted of person/s to prevent spread of COVID and any movement for non essential is prohibited too.

However in point 3, subpoint iii, it says exempted activities as per earlier rules stand exempted, so I really don't get the point of this notification.

This was issued on 16th which is yesterday. There are several fake notices doing rounds everywhere. Have you verified the source and authenticity of this notice?

If it was issued yesterday, for sure it would have been in news by now.
Old 17th September 2020, 18:52   #85
OSH
BHPian

Source : Money control
Quote:
Amid rise in COVID-19 cases in city, Mumbai Police restricts movement of people under Sec 144
Old 17th September 2020, 19:00   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
This was issued on 16th which is yesterday. There are several fake notices doing rounds everywhere. Have you verified the source and authenticity of this notice?

If it was issued yesterday, for sure it would have been in news by now.
Hi,

I checked with a higher up in the dept , its legit, here is the press release
Old 17th September 2020, 20:24   #87
BHPian

Mumbai: Crossing 2 km radius could get your vehicle seized

Aditya Thackeray has tweeted that it is routine monthly re-issue of section 144 which was always present. Nothing on ground changes it is just procedure.

Even our media believes and publishes anything that is on social media.
Old 17th September 2020, 20:44   #88
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Just a money making business for the Mumbai cops next few days it seems! After that all will be forgotten like the earlier instances. I guess no visits to the local mall or the beach depending on the way one interprets this order.
Old 20th September 2020, 08:42   #89
BHPian

Another one of those circulars which comes out time to time and in 2 days some higher ups say nothing has changed. I think this is the 3rd or 4th time this is happening albeit the clarification this time came on the very same day.

Nonetheless it did not stop cops from issuing challans on the day of the circular. After that it has died down again. I guess comes down to too many directives with no proper communication as to how enforcement is to be done.
Old 7th October 2020, 09:41   #90
Senior - BHPian

Up to Rs 4 lakh bond to get seized cars back.

Quote:
Reclaiming vehicles seized for violating lockdown norms is proving to be arduous and expensive for some "offenders." At the Bandra magistrate court alone, last month in about 15 such cases, accused who were booked under sections of Indian Penal Code were granted "interim custody" of their seized cars and motorbikes. However, they had to furnish indemnity bonds dictated by value of the vehicles, some as hefty as Rs 4 lakh, and deposit cash sureties that ranged from Rs 5,000 to Rs 15,000. The offenders had sought interim custody claiming false implication in the cases.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/78525080.cms
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks