Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2020, 10:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford Figo 1.2L petrol to get a torque-converter AT in Aug '20

Ford Figo petrol automatic set for late August launch

The Figo 1.2 will get a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox. It will be the same automatic gearbox from the EcoSport SUV.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-launch-417954
Venkatesh is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 11:11   #2
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo and Aspire 1.5L Petrol AT discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

The Figo 1.2 will get a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox. It will be the same automatic gearbox from the EcoSport SUV.
Ecosport's engine is 1.5 litre. So this torque converter gearbox might be derived from that, and may not be the same one ..
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 11:17   #3
BHPian

This is a great news. During my search for a small petrol AT, I had to skip the Figo as the AT combination was not available post BS6 upgrade. However this is the need of the hour and I appriciate Ford for being - better late than never. Hope this combination is able to get back customers to the Ford showroom again.
swarnava.ch is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 11:50   #4
Team-BHP Support

re: Ford Figo 1.2L petrol to get a torque-converter AT in Aug '20

Ford Figo petrol AT variant coming in August 2020 - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 11:54   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
I wish they had prioritized Freestyle to get the AT first.
TaurusSHO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 12:35   #6
BHPian

Since the Figo and Aspire are siblings, Ford would most likely bring AT on Aspire as well. I just wish that they bring AT on their top-end Titanium+ atleast now
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusSHO View Post
I wish they had prioritized Freestyle to get the AT first.
Ford doesn't seem to have plans to bring AT on the Freestyle, though it would be a great option considering the list of safety features Freestyle packages.

https://twitter.com/FordIndiaHelp/st...02677396799488
Attached Images

skarthiksr is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 14:09   #7
BHPian

One can only pray that this time round its a whole-hearted decision to launch the Automatic. They had announced an automatic with the 1.5 dragon as well in a TC form at the time of the face-lift, but none of the dealers had a clue about this variant. Heck, even the reviewers did not get to drive this variant.

Pairing the 1.2 dragon with a TC is just what the segment needs in a sea of AMTs and CVTs. This would also help Ford to keep costs low as the 1.5 dragon did jack up the price of the automatic variant quite a bit.

But alas, as with everything Ford India, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I'm going to be watching this thread for more.
JayKavadi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 17:43   #8
BHPian

If Ford could launch this 6-speed automatic with the awesome 1.5Tdci, that will be a killer product - safe body with an efficient engine having a lot of torque. This will certainly regain the customers which ford had lost recently and add new ones.
Hemantteen is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 20:55   #9
BANNED

I can’t understand the half hearted approach of Ford India. If you want to make any impact better give it everything. Bring Automatic to all variants and also to Aspire and Freestyle. They are acting as if they have already big sales. If this is the attitude, people like me who already have 2 Ford cars will not come back when it’s time to change cars. What options do I have if I want to upgrade my Aspire? A decade old Ecosport! Where is the Seltos/Creta competitor? I know asking for Sedan is too much.
The Rationalist is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 22:01   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
I can’t understand the half hearted approach of Ford India. If you want to make any impact better give it everything. Bring Automatic to all variants and also to Aspire and Freestyle. They are acting as if they have already big sales. If this is the attitude, people like me who already have 2 Ford cars will not come back when it’s time to change cars. What options do I have if I want to upgrade my Aspire? A decade old Ecosport! Where is the Seltos/Creta competitor? I know asking for Sedan is too much.
I guess the first car expected from the Ford-Mahindra JV will be a Seltos/Creta competitor. When that will be is a good question. I guess Covid-19 has put a spanner in the works for most plans. It was expected or at least information about it was expected mid to late 2020. Maybe late 2021 as per below news.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ly-2021-416414

Having a proper auto on a small petrol will give people a good option amongst all the AMTs/DCTs. The Polo GT is also coming with a TC but the Ford will undercut it on price significantly. Can only be a good thing.

Last edited by Amsdoc : 20th July 2020 at 22:04.
Amsdoc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 08:23   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Figo 1.2L petrol to get a torque-converter AT in Aug '20

This is a nice little motor. A key advantage of the small triple-cylinder over the old Figo 1.5L AT will be its fuel economy. That is especially important to hatchback owners.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 08:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

I have said this before and I'll say it again - The Figo needs an AT in all variants. Give people a choice and they will buy. If they can make a base model Figo AT for under 6.5 lakhs on road, then there's nothing like it. You'll get 2 airbags + ABS as standard anyway. And keep a slot for adding any 2DIN audio system.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4586690 (Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs)
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 09:00   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
What options do I have if I want to upgrade my Aspire? A decade old Ecosport! Where is the Seltos/Creta competitor? I know asking for Sedan is too much.
Well, according to what I know from very reliable sources, Ford has three cars in the offing next year. First one is the Creta/Seltos competitor, second one is a premium hatch/ sedan and the third one is an entry level hatch positioned below Figo. I am hoping it’s true so that at least I am in a position to decide for a hatch better in the upcoming months.

Now either my sources are good or I will have some egg on my face. But this auto motor for Figo is a good bet in a mileage conscious segment for sure !
ABHI_1512 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 10:03   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Well, according to what I know from very reliable sources, Ford has three cars in the offing next year. First one is the Creta/Seltos competitor, second one is a premium hatch/ sedan and the third one is an entry level hatch positioned below Figo. I am hoping it’s true so that at least I am in a position to decide for a hatch better in the upcoming months.

Now either my sources are good or I will have some egg on my face. But this auto motor for Figo is a good bet in a mileage conscious segment for sure !
Is this Creta competitor the new xuv they are co-developing with Mahindra?

Mods - sorry for going OT
Old 21st July 2020, 12:20   #15
BHPian

I understand the present Figo had one model with the 1.5 Lt petrol engine and auto transmission.

This offering of the 1.2 Lt with auto transmission better have Android Auto & apple Car Play offered, or else this connectivity may prove to be chink in the armour for the new product line as almost all competition offer those today.
amitayu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks