Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used Hyundai Creta today?
Yes 161 41.60%
No 226 58.40%
Voters: 387. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2020, 22:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Voted a YES... I drive a combination of Nexon, Creta & Seltos. It comes 3rd in the trio, thanks to handling and braking issues, but so far ownership experience has been good and hassle free. So wouldn't mind to go for a Creta in the range of 7-8.5 lacs.
agspins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 09:53   #62
BHPian

Congratualtions on your new ride. I always enjoyed riding Creta on the highways but in Bangalore traffic it was horrible (manual). Yes, i do miss torque, but for me deal breaker was brake, it was much worse than swift/now GT TSI. I met with couple of freak accidents being too late to apply breaks or more harder. And moreover Service center was never acknowledging any issues with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijith View Post
I brought home a 2017 SX Plus Diesel Automatic the day this thread was started and have gone through each of the responses here. Even though there are a majority of No's on the poll; the only grouse I have so far is with the braking, which are not very confidence inspiring. But I could say that I have come to terms with it and have not yet come across a situation where the system failed or I couldn't stop the car when I wanted to. I hope such a situation never arises.

I have driven the Swift Dzire and Honda Amaze diesel's prior to this car. The Dzire doesn't have much to write about in the braking department and I have covered 96k kms in the last 8 years of ownership. I had gotten over it as the acceleration wasn't that good as it was when the car was new and the only factor in its favour was the mileage. Even after 96k kms it is giving me 20-21 on highways and 15-16 in city conditions. I am waiting for a good buyer to take it off my hands soon.

The Amaze was my dad's car and even though it had been with him for over 6 years, it had covered only 40k kms due to low usage. But it had excellent braking, especially due to the ABS. The power was also phenomenal with 100bhp for a small car like Amaze. We had to part ways with it due to a bad accident in August, where the car was declared as a total loss by the insurance company.

The reasons I chose Creta were as below:
  1. I was tired of driving a manual car in the Mumbai traffic and wanted a Auto to help relax my feet while I do the 45-50 min commute.
  2. The car had to be a diesel as I love the torquey feel of a diesel and have driven diesels for last 8-9 years.
  3. The car had to have safety features like airbags, ABS, ESP etc. Lessons learnt from the Amaze accident.
  4. The car should be a good highway cruiser and yet be good to drive in the hectic Mumbai traffic.
  5. The car had to be feature loaded even though it will be 2-3 years old at max.

I had viewed 2 Verna auto diesels(MY 2017 and 2019) and a Rapid auto(MY 2019) before coming to the Creta as the final vehicle. The Verna's both were demanding a much higher price for pre-owned cars and the Rapid had me worrying about Skoda's ASS being notoriously bad in Mumbai.

Hope I do not regret my decision in the coming years.
pradeepmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 23:06   #63
BHPian

Voted NO, I own a 10 months old 1.4E modded to a higher variant. I've done 32k kms on it. Would have been higher if not for the lockdown. Like the car a lot, is pretty well rounded, has great fuel economy and is pretty cheap to service at the ASC. Planning to shift to my FNG at 40k as don't want to get bill shocks. Down sides on the 1.4 is average performance and for Creta itself is its as common as a Maruti Alto. And the reason for voting no is Creta holds value in the used car market and is not exactly a bargain buy. The other car in my garage is a 2015 duster 85 RxL with 212k kms on the odo. And i brought the previous gen Creta as i specifically hated the way the new generation looks.
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20200920_08581301.jpeg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20200919_09150001.jpeg  

mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks